Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

Most hated/disliked songs from an artist you like?

Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:40 am

There's always atleast one. Your favorite band/singer/other? on the entire planet, who put out wonderful song after song after song. Bt then you stumble across that one song that just makes you cringe and ask "what were you thinking?!"

Doesn't have to be your FAVORITE, just a band you enjoy more often than not.

I'll start off with Nirvana. The song; Tourettes. I'm not one of those people who go around praising Kurt Cobain to no end, although I do enjoy 95% of the songs he has written. This song, isn't one of them. I'm sure there's some other meaning behind it, but it's really just an unpleasant song to listen to, lyrics being screamed so incoherently, I can't make out a single word.

Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:53 pm

I've been a fan of Linkin Park for going on five or six years now. But when I heard some of their remixes on Reanimation, I just wanted to plug my ears and hide. They don't need a rapper(s) to make them sound better and plug them into other genres, they've already got Mike who is all the hip hop they need.

Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:21 pm

Orgy has been my favorite since their cover of Blue Monday hit MTV all those years ago. ('97, '98?) but I cant bear to listen to a few songs on their Punk Statik Paranoia cd. They had a really great, unique sound on their first two albums, and some of that carries over to PSP. But when they added mediocre pseudo-rapping and a bland rock sound, it really left me cold.

Orgy was a better band than that. If you listen to a song like Platinum from their first album, and compare it to Beautiful Disgrace from Punk Statik Paranoia, you just have to wonder what the heck they were thinking. The newer songs like Beautiful Disgrace and Ashamed also seem to have lost that gorgeous cyber-fairytale feel that the earlier ones had. Even the titles are lazy and trite. What happened to good songs like Opticon, Dramatica, Stitches, and Fiction (Dreams in Digital)?

Leave Me Out, Beautiful Disgrace, and Ashamed are three that almost make me embarrassed to announce that Im an Orgy fan.

Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:33 pm

Oh, Orgy's Blue Monday cover is pretty good.

Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:10 pm

"New Thing"- Fuel
"January Friend"- Goo Goo Dolls

Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:02 am

Kelly Clarkson's first album.

Of course I didn't buy it (Got the second one), but I disliked her when she came out and the only songs from that record which were good were "Miss Independent" and perhaps "Low".

Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:57 pm

My favorite favorite singer has absolutely no songs I can't stand, so I'll go with my second favorite:

Living In Your Eyes - L'arc-en-Ciel

Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:54 am

Well they are far from my favourite band but i really like Underoaths new CD. Their previous albums are all rubbish though. Its weird how I like their new work and hate their old stuff. Usually bands in the hardcore scene become pregressivly worse. They make calmer and calmer music until its not even who they were anymore. I'm not saying calm music is bad though. I'm just saying bands become something else..underoath became something better.

Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:46 pm

Ammer wrote:Kelly Clarkson's first album.

Of course I didn't buy it (Got the second one), but I disliked her when she came out and the only songs from that record which were good were "Miss Independent" and perhaps "Low".

I liked it, but it didn't really show off her voice as well as it could have. Breakaway was a much better album though.

I love John Mayer, but I absolutely hate the song "Your Body is a Wonderland." It's so stupid and cheesy.

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:36 am

Well, I like all of the songs by my most favorite band Coldplay. Some of the songs are kind of off in my opinion, but none are really bad.

As for other artists I like... I don't like Believe Me Natalie by The Killers. I like all of their other songs, but this one... I dunno, it doesn't have a good sound and beat I guess.

Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:46 pm

Lose Urself by Family Force 5. I just...don't like it. Another one that I didn't like was Put Ur Hands Up, but I think I'm starting to enjoy that one. It's a fun one to just sing out loud too.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:55 am

Maddening Shroud- Frou Frou.

The Members of Frou Frou were both in band called Acacia, which did the AMAZING original version of the song. While I adore the Acacia version to death, I cant stand the Frou Frou verison.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:31 am

I have a new song to add. The Killer's Where the White Boys Dance, which is a bonus track on their new album Sam's Town if you pre-ordered it via iTunes.

Seriously, this song not only has a ridiculous title, but it also has a horrible beat and flow. Bleh.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:38 am

Chicken Noodle Soup - Young B & DJ Webstar

Seriously, I can't even being to type how I feel about this song, Ihave no respect for the people who make this kind of music, I hate it.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:18 am

As you know (or SHOULD know) I quite like Kutless but their screamo songs make me want to go in a corner and pee myself.
Topic locked