Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

R.E.M

Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:18 pm

Does anyone here like R.E.M? I'm a fairly new fan, but I think they are great. I'd dismissed them in the past, but a couple of months ago I decided to listen to their "Best of" album, and they have some amazing songs. My favourite song is "Daysleeper" That's a beautiful song. So, any R.E.M fans here? ^_^

Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:28 pm

I like the song "Bad Day". Only R.E.M. song I've actually heard.

Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:16 pm

i have the best of album too and i love daysleeper aswell i like man on the moon and my favorite is everybody hurts

Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:19 pm

I Like Shiny Happy People...how fabulous.

Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:42 pm

R.E.M. is very good. Losing My Religion is very odd.

Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:04 pm

*This will make me sound very old, but here goes*
I owned all of REM's first 6 albums... on cassette tapes. I think my favorite songs are So. central rain and Superman, maybe Near Wild Heaven too. There's not really any way to go wrong, though, when picking an REM song to listen to.

Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:06 pm

That doesn't make ya old, calm down. I listen to a lot of my favorite songs on records, and I'm 14.

Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:24 pm

Atamand wrote:R.E.M. is very good. Losing My Religion is very odd.

But it is good. Have you seen the video for it? Bizarre.

Isabella wrote:I like the song "Bad Day". Only R.E.M. song I've actually heard.

I love that song, it kicks smurf. ^_^ R.E.M are great, I love all the songs on the "best of" album, now I just need to listen to more of their stuff.

I'm glad there are fellow R.E.M fans here.

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/o ... 091803.jpg - I love that picture of Michael Stipe. *grin*

Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:17 am

i_love_starburst wrote:

The video makes perfect sense though =D

My favourite R.E.M. album is Out Of Time.

I must say though... that I miss Michael with hair. **watches old videos and mourns his hair**

Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:31 am

Sapphire Faerie wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:

The video makes perfect sense though =D

My favourite R.E.M. album is Out Of Time.

I must say though... that I miss Michael with hair. **watches old videos and mourns his hair**

Yup, that's the beauty of it. ^_^

Oh and his hair was good...but he still looks good without any. :)

Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:18 pm

^_^ Rapid Eye Movement. Or something. Yeah, I'm a big fan...*waves flag* They wrote some really really good songs, ones that tend to stick in your head and you find yourself humming the tune.

Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:53 pm

Emy-chan wrote:^_^ Rapid Eye Movement. Or something. Yeah, I'm a big fan...*waves flag* They wrote some really really good songs, ones that tend to stick in your head and you find yourself humming the tune.

Yay, another fan. :D What do you mean "wrote"? It should be "write". They still write good songs. ^_^

Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:43 pm

I like them. They're totally different to most of what i listen to, but they're cool.
Shiny Happy People is ace... depressing in a happy way XD

REM are quite depressing.

Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:23 pm

Igg wrote:I like them. They're totally different to most of what i listen to, but they're cool.

Yes, I suppose they are. *shrug* Depends on the song though.

Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:25 pm

i_love_starburst wrote:
Igg wrote:I like them. They're totally different to most of what i listen to, but they're cool.

Yes, I suppose they are. *shrug* Depends on the song though.

Shiny Happy People is deceptively depressing, with its title...you think 'ooh, shiny happy' and it talks about shiny happy people but it's SAD!
Topic locked