Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

Gretchen Wilson - Redneck Woman

Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:30 pm

Has anyone heard of the song Redneck Woman? It's hillarious!

Now, I don't usually like country music, but this song is great. She claims she's a hick, but she makes fun of everything they do! She really nails some of the stereotypes of hicks :P

The song is #1 on the Country charts, and her cd went platnium in 4 weeks. I dunno about the other songs on her cd, but Redneck Woman is great.

Here's my favorite line:

Victoria Secret / Well their stuffs real nice / But I can buy the same damn thing on a Wal-Mart shelf half price / And still look sexy :lol:

Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:41 pm

Hm..I can tell by that one line thats a real nice song.. :roll:

Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:43 pm

Kitten Medli wrote:Hm..I can tell by that one line thats a real nice song.. :roll:

heh That's a great line. Can't you just see someone from Hickville, USA saying that? :lol:

Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:19 pm

Thats a great song! Its one of my faves. :)

Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:43 pm

Kitten Medli wrote:Hm..I can tell by that one line thats a real nice song.. :roll:

Really. Doesn't sound wonderful to me...

Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:03 am

Dawn2 wrote:

Really. Doesn't sound wonderful to me...

It's not a bad song :lol:

Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:36 am

I havn't heard of it, but I'll check it out. :)

Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:12 am

OoOo! I heard this song on the radio and completely forgot about it! I thought it was hysterical. I like the line when she says something like, "Let me get a big "Hell Yeah" from the redneck girls like me ". It's a very catchy song, actually. Very refreshing from all of this pointless Rap and Pop we've been hearing lately.

Cause I'm a redneck woman
And I ain't no high class broad
I'm just a product of my raisin'
And I say "hey y'all" and "Yee Haw"
And I keep my Christmas lights on, on my front porch all year long
And I know all the words to every Charlie Daniels song
So here's to all my sisters out there keepin' it country
Let me get a big "Hell Yeah" from the redneck girls like me
Hell Yeah
Hell Yeah

Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:15 am

Drama Queen wrote:OoOo! I heard this song on the radio and completely forgot about it! I thought it was hysterical. I like the line when she says something like, "Let me get a big "Hell Yeah" from the redneck girls like me ". It's a very catchy song, actually. Very refreshing from all of this pointless Rap and Pop we've been hearing lately.

Yeah! It's really catchy. I've been listening to it for about a month, almost non-stop :P But I have stopped playing it to play Diana's new single! :lol:

Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:57 pm

I saw something in the Sunday paper about her. I have never heard that song, then again I don't ever listen to country. But I may try downloading the song just to see what its like. :)

Re: Gretchen Wilson - Redneck Woman

Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:00 pm

Mark wrote:Has anyone heard of the song Redneck Woman? It's hillarious!

Now, I don't usually like country music, but this song is great. She claims she's a hick, but she makes fun of everything they do! She really nails some of the stereotypes of hicks :P

The song is #1 on the Country charts, and her cd went platnium in 4 weeks. I dunno about the other songs on her cd, but Redneck Woman is great.

Here's my favorite line:

Victoria Secret / Well their stuffs real nice / But I can buy the same damn thing on a Wal-Mart shelf half price / And still look sexy :lol:

XD That's good! I heard that song on VH1, it was a flava of the week for the countdown, but we never heard from it.

Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:16 pm

At this point, I could begin quoting the various ICP songs about rednecks.. but decide not to. ;)
Topic locked