Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:58 am

Hmmm. I went to ye olde town on Saturday. And I had to decide between buying The Rasmus's Album, or Maroon 5's. Guess who I chose? :P

Maroon 5 pwn all. The Rasmus don't. So I bought Maroon 5. Muwahaha. ~:> *evil chicken to taunt you all*

Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:48 am

I liked the Rasmus until I saw them perform a few times. At a local award show, they clearly weren't performing live. This became painfully obvious when the lead singer, who was lip-syncing, had the microphone a mile away from his mouth and didn't pull it back quickly enough to keep on the pretence that he was actually singing live.

Then there was their performance in Amsterdam last April, where they were playing live, and the lead singer sang terribly off tune.

I like their music, but I cannot respect or support a band who can't deliver a decent live performance. Heck, even a pop princess like Christina Aguilera or those Idol kids at least have decent live performances.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:16 pm

LeBeau wrote:I liked the Rasmus until I saw them perform a few times. At a local award show, they clearly weren't performing live. This became painfully obvious when the lead singer, who was lip-syncing, had the microphone a mile away from his mouth and didn't pull it back quickly enough to keep on the pretence that he was actually singing live.

Then there was their performance in Amsterdam last April, where they were playing live, and the lead singer sang terribly off tune.

I like their music, but I cannot respect or support a band who can't deliver a decent live performance. Heck, even a pop princess like Christina Aguilera or those Idol kids at least have decent live performances.

I saw them perform on this tv programme, and gawd, they were awful. The lead singer was so off tune, it was painful. I changed the channel quickly.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:30 pm

jellyoflight wrote:Hmmm. I went to ye olde town on Saturday. And I had to decide between buying The Rasmus's Album, or Maroon 5's. Guess who I chose? :P

Maroon 5 pwn all. The Rasmus don't. So I bought Maroon 5. Muwahaha. ~:> *evil chicken to taunt you all*

i prefer the rasmus album to the maroon 5 one. (i have both) the maroon 5 one is perfectly listenable, but nothing really catches me as it were...

Re: The Rasmus

Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:40 pm

Anubis wrote:I was just wondering whether anyone liked The Rasmus? Amethyst hasn't heard of them, so America they haven't got to yet, I don't think, but yeah.

Do you like them, if you've heard of them?

lucky America (as you guessed, I hate The Rasmus).

Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:56 pm

r4che1 wrote:
jellyoflight wrote:Hmmm. I went to ye olde town on Saturday. And I had to decide between buying The Rasmus's Album, or Maroon 5's. Guess who I chose? :P

i prefer the rasmus album to the maroon 5 one. (i have both) the maroon 5 one is perfectly listenable, but nothing really catches me as it were...

I don't like Maroon 5, but they don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence or be compared to The Rasmus.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:58 pm

i_love_starburst wrote:
r4che1 wrote:

I don't like Maroon 5, but they don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence or be compared to The Rasmus.

Just like [insert band name] and Franz Ferdinand :P

wonder when a new Maroon 5 single will be released o_O

Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:05 pm

cky182 wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
r4che1 wrote:

Will you leave Franz Ferdinand alone? :P

Oh and I really don't care, I really don't like Maroon 5. One song. :oops: That's all.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:06 pm

i_love_starburst wrote:
cky182 wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
r4che1 wrote:

Oh and I really don't care, I really don't like Maroon 5. One song. :oops: That's all.

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!9

I don't care either, just staying on topic. 0:)

Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:09 pm

cky182 wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
cky182 wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
r4che1 wrote:

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!9

But you're not staying on topic, if it's about The Rasmus, and you're talking about Maroon 5.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:11 pm

i_love_starburst wrote:
cky182 wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
cky182 wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
r4che1 wrote:

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!9

But you're not staying on topic, if it's about The Rasmus, and you're talking about Maroon 5.

I realised, I though I was in Maroon 5 topic.

Anyway, feathers in hair, just an excuse to take your pet budgie to work/school :P

Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:12 pm

o.O Weeird... Maroon 5 are okay too...

Whatcha all got against The Rasmus? 0:)

Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:13 pm

more like what I haven't got against them. The answer, a gun :evil:

I just don't like them, and they're everywhere. x_X

Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:14 pm

Well, Anubis, it's because The Rasmus are awful. :P

Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:14 pm

^^ give the girl a medal :D
Topic locked