Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Britney Spears at the 2007 VMA's
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:44 am 

Wow, this guy is even more of a train wreck than Britney: Link removed

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I honestly fail to see what was so devastatingly horrible about it. Sure she was a little unenthusiastic and the costume was just not the best choice, but she's had two kids and you can't really get back to how skinny she was without surgery. Also, the lip syncing was a tad bad but seriously, what big artist DOESN'T lip sync at their shows?
Just my two cents. :)

[Previously Known As Zega]
The Game. You Just Lost It.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:20 am 

Zega wrote:
Also, the lip syncing was a tad bad but seriously, what big artist DOESN'T lip sync at their shows?

Paul McCartney?

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:15 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Zega wrote:
I honestly fail to see what was so devastatingly horrible about it. Sure she was a little unenthusiastic and the costume was just not the best choice, but she's had two kids and you can't really get back to how skinny she was without surgery. Also, the lip syncing was a tad bad but seriously, what big artist DOESN'T lip sync at their shows?

Oh my goodness me. Seriously? She's worth millions of dollars, she should show she's worth it. I mean, I'm a classically trained dancer without any ounce of booty to shake and I could do those moves better than her.

She looked self-concious and like she's lost all confidence in performing. A bit like a 15 year old girl who's never danced in public before.

It's coming...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Zega wrote:

I went to a Weird Al concert about a month ago. Weird Al's career has outlasted the careers of most of the musicians he's parodied. He does full costume changes, plays several different instruments, and imitates various music artists, not to mention singing a version of "Albuquerque" that's even longer than the one on Running With Scissors and incorporating a blowup fatsuit and a Segway scooter into his performance. Needless to say, he doesn't lip-sync.
THAT is a performer.
Britney Spears, on the other hand, uses canned music and can barely remember "her own" words. She doesn't sing live, her dancing is pretty poor, and her "sex appeal" is overridden by the fact that she's a mother. Somehow, she's managed to hold on to her status as a celebrity. But she needs to accept that if she wants to remain a star, she needs to find a new trick--her body is no longer going to sell her as a star.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

theonlysaneone wrote:
Zega wrote:
Also, the lip syncing was a tad bad but seriously, what big artist DOESN'T lip sync at their shows?

Paul McCartney?

That's a bad example 'cause he's rubbish. :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:05 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The outfit was her choice. She should've known that she shouldn't of been wearing something like that. The outfit that MTV picked for her was more of a corset like outfit that would've shown less, and leftm ore to the imagination.
I mean, look at Gwen Stefani. I'm not a big fan of her, but after she had Kingston, she toned down what she was wearing. I never see her belly unless I'm watching a rerun of something. More than I can say for Britney.

And as for big artists lipsycning, I've never heard Fergie lipsync before (which is surprising), same for Kelly Clarkson.

EDIT -
Quote:
ome are saying Britney’s manager was to blame for her lackluster performance at the VMAs, while another reports says Brit was distraught backstage before performing because she forced to wear extentions that she didn’t approve of. But most source claim only one person was to blame for the disastrous show… and that’s Britney herself. One insider says, “The production people at MTV were freaking out . . . Nobody can tell Britney what to do anymore. No one can control her. She is a mess.” Plus, when she finally arrived in Vegas, Spears didn’t go straight to rehearsals instead, “she went to her hotel room and ordered a bunch of food and some frozen margaritas. She came down, like, an hour later with a frozen margarita in her hand.” Another spy says, quote, “The dance number was spectacular - without her. When the stand-in was rehearsing with the dancers… it was amazing. Then Britney showed up and refused to do anything. The dancers were supposed to lift and twirl her in the air a few times, and that just wasn’t going to happen. The more complicated dance moves had to be erased because she couldn’t do them. The dancers were texting pals, asking them to pray for them. They were worried.” As for the poor choice of attire, another insider says, “MTV wanted her to wear a corset outfit. It would have looked great and covered a lot of things up, but she hated it and didn’t think it was sexy enough.”

http://b937online.com/pages/355740.php
(go down to 9/12/07)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:08 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Igg wrote:
theonlysaneone wrote:
Zega wrote:

Paul McCartney?

That's a bad example 'cause he's rubbish. :P

hey now!
if you bring john and george back from the dead and take ringo out of hiding then hes brilliant, but oh no. They all have to get shot or something and then all of a sudden he's rubbish.....

seriously people ok, you can diss britney all you like (even i diss her), but if it werent for the real ole' classics then where the hell would music be now?

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Guys, I'd just like to ask, please make sure that the links you post, YouTube videos or otherwise, are appropriate for a family-friendly forum (which means no swearing).

Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:32 am 

Lillie wrote:
Guys, I'd just like to ask, please make sure that the links you post, YouTube videos or otherwise, are appropriate for a family-friendly forum (which means no swearing).

Thanks! :)

Quite frankly, I don't think any part of that performance was appropriate for a family-friendly forum. Especially the introduction.

It's Britney, bud!

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ellamcumber wrote:
hey now!
if you bring john and george back from the dead and take ringo out of hiding then hes brilliant, but oh no. They all have to get shot or something and then all of a sudden he's rubbish.....

We-ell I've always found the Beatles well overrated; but all their solo attempts were pretty pants. *Also hates 'Imagine' with a passion*

I love Ringo Starr but only on a level that I think he's awesome in himself. He narrated Thomas The Tank Engine! He wins at life!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:08 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Igg wrote:

I love Ringo Starr but only on a level that I think he's awesome in himself. He narrated Thomas The Tank Engine! He wins at life!

Ye ringo was always my fave, so i do guess he does win at life.
Paul McCartney though just annoyed me alot, but since im a beatles person i do sorta feel the need to try and stay supportive.

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:28 pm 

Igg wrote:
ellamcumber wrote:
hey now!

We-ell I've always found the Beatles well overrated; but all their solo attempts were pretty pants. *Also hates 'Imagine' with a passion*

If by "pants" you mean awesome, then yes. At least with Paul McCartney. John Lennon's weird avant-garde stuff was pretty bad though, and Imagine is probably the worst song I've ever heard. Even worse is listening to Peter Gabriel sing it at the Olympics.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

No, by pants I mean pants. Or for Americans 'rubbish'. Does rubbish work?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:20 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Igg wrote:
No, by pants I mean pants. Or for Americans 'rubbish'. Does rubbish work?

Much better than "pants." I have this image of a pair of pants dancing around like on some preschool television show every time you use "pants" as an adjective, while the insipid background music says "pants, pants" over and over again. Actually, that could also be a Weebl's Stuff cartoon, come to think of it.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next