Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Heroes [Split 4]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:40 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Hil wrote:
Random nitpick: If the teacher was teaching evolution, why were the bunsen burners on?

Hahah, I was thinking exactly the same thing. And the very end. I hated the very end. :( I wish they hadn't returned.

Click the wonderful signature. You know you want to.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hil wrote:
Random nitpick: If the teacher was teaching evolution, why were the bunsen burners on?

Because the teacher wanted to illustrate how fire can stimulate rapid growth and evolution in nitrogen-based organisms? o_O

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

It's started already. I'm officially re-addicted. It didn't blow my mind like some of last seasons episodes but I am looking forward to them doing it again this year, all in good time. I'm already intrigued.

Drawing a blank on what happened to Candace last year though. I have the final episode from last season taped, I should watch it again.

~Zilary - No, thats not me. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Susannahmio wrote:
Drawing a blank on what happened to Candace last year though. I have the final episode from last season taped, I should watch it again.

She took the form of Jessica, then was killed by Nikki in an epic fight.

EPIC!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Wow, I didn't even remember what happened to her. I got the season 1 DVD set last week, so I might start watching the first season this weekend again. (It was the last one when I bought it at Target too, and it's the collector's edition. The box is so cool.)

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

the_dog_god wrote:
Susannahmio wrote:

She took the form of Jessica, then was killed by Nikki in an epic fight.

EPIC!

Season Two future episodes spoilers:

I don't think Niki killed her. IIRC, I read a spoiler about Sylar killing Candice later on in Season 2.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:33 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Just watched it, and it was fantastic, Seriously, that was an amazing episode.

Just one question:
Am I imagining things, or did Ando bump into Claude when he was bringing Hiro;s dad his paper? Because it sure as hell looks like Claude, although it's not Christopher Eccleston. Hmmmmm...

Set by the WIS, the ORIGINAL House Stalker!

When I see his posts, I fill with righteous rage. :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:32 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Ixist wrote:
Just watched it, and it was fantastic, Seriously, that was an amazing episode.

Just one question:
Am I imagining things, or did Ando bump into Claude when he was bringing Hiro;s dad his paper? Because it sure as hell looks like Claude, although it's not Christopher Eccleston. Hmmmmm...

Answer:
No, it's Nathan. First time I didn't notice, but when I watched it for the second time, you can easily recognize the beard and long trench coat ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So, just watched it today - not that impressed with it, I've gotta say.

It was good (especially Noah working in a real paper company - though the ninjitsu finger move of death (which wouldn't work) annoyed me), but I felt they were putting too many "Woooooahhh! Its a mystery!" parts in it especially the very end with Peter in the container

Didn't really like the scenes with Molly in them, and I though the past seemed like Pirates of the Caribbean without the Pirates.

Hopefully things will pick up after they get past the initial setting up of all the stuff for this season.

Oh yeah, and I am sick of that stupid Shanti's disease which keeps popping up in the programme and comics. Unfortunately with Mohinder's little speech in Cairo, it looks like it'll be playing a big part in this series. Stuff the disease, bring back Sylar.

Last edited by TDG on Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So Mr. Nakamura knows Sylar from years ago? Or someone who dresses suspiciously like him?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't think it was Sylar - it sounded like it was one of the founders of the Company, and I doubt Sylar had anything to do with the company given what they did to him. Also, he said that he wouldn't have thought it would be whoever killed him - Sylar's always seemed a bit nutty even before he went bonkers. So it Mr Whathisface did know him from the past, it wouldn't be that much of a surprise.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:54 am 
PPT God
PPT God

This week's episode was so much better than the premiere last week. My thoughts:

- Well, now we know Claire can regrow limbs. And whatshisface knows, which is fine, because he can fly.
- I don't think it was Sylar who killed Mr. Nakamura, because in the preview for next week's episode Sylar also seemed to have amnesia. I think it might be Peter and Nathan's father possibly, since the double-helix symbol was the symbol of his company (which is interesting), and their mother and Mr. Nakamura apparently dated each other or something years ago (which raises the question if Mr. Nakamura is the true father of Nathan and Peter).
- The brother and sister in Central America, their powers are... interesting. I guess when the sister cries she cries tears of blood, and people around her die, and then her brother can bring them back to life?
- I wonder how the Haitian got the virus, and who else has it.

And I guess the new catchphrase this season is "What is in the box?" Lame, lame, lame, lame, lame.

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:33 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Dragonfire wrote:
- Well, now we know Claire can regrow limbs. And whatshisface knows, which is fine, because he can fly.

And I guess the new catchphrase this season is "What is in the box?" Lame, lame, lame, lame, lame.

How is that fine? Just because the other has special powers too, doesn't automatically make them friends, does it?

Yeah it is lame, but if I had amnesia, I'd do almost anything to find out more about myself. The fact that Peter doesn't just take it by force is probably because of his 'good guy' character.

Back to Claire again, is she like a masochist or something? I mean, regeneration is a cool power, but is it really necessary to hurt yourself when it's not needed? I get the toe-cutting thing, that's curiosity. But boiling your hand to get a ring, or breaking your legs jumping off a ramp... Perhaps they thought regeneration was the same as invulnerability?

<3 Hiro, he's every bit of geeky dressed-up hero as I imagined him.

As for the new powers, well, not many are new.. Schoolboy can fly, Kensei can regenerate.. I get this feeling of 'been there, done that'. And seeing as we don't exactly know what the Hispanic twins can do, there's not much new yet...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:12 am 

"which raises the question if Mr. Nakamura is the true father of Nathan and Peter"

Umm... you can tell by looking at them they're not half-asian.

Personally, I'm curious as to whether the "boogeyman" who haunts Molly is the same one who is killing all the old people.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:17 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I guess its ok for the flying dude to know about Claire, because its not so much of a shock to him. It still obviously freaked him out, but imagine what it would have been like if it had been one of the other people at school that saw it.

I think Claire's over-use of her power is the fact that she's been told to suppress everything about her. She can't cheerlead, or be good at school, or try to make too many friends or anything - when she's alone, she feels she can remember what it was like back with Zack in the first season, when she had friends and could do what she wanted and could use her power with the other Heroes.

I didn't like Kensei being able to regenerate - but I did like Hiro's fight scene "I have your swords"

As for Peter, I wonder if he's been in contact with this guy within the last four months. That'd imply he'd been out in the wop-wops though looking around Suresh's old stuff

And in response to the Boogeyman:

Didn't Molly use the name "The Boogeyman" to describe Sylar in Season One? It'd make sense as I'm fairly sure there was an interview with the producer or someone that said Sylar would be explored more in depth this season, including showing how he takes powers (eating their brains effectively IIRC) - I imagine Molly watching her father (the ice guy from Episode 1) have his brains eaten would scare her enough to have Nightmares

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next