Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: GoPets
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:28 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Whenever I visited NeoItems.net I always saw little "featured GoPets items" and GoPets banners. At first I ignored them, as I've trained myself to do to adds. But then, yesterday, my curiosity finally got the better of me and I clicked on the link.

GoPets is actually a really awesome site. You create a pet, either a Cat or Dog, choose its name, colours, etc and then loggon to the GoPets server. (You have to download it, but its all completely free) You then fill out info about yourself and your interests, and begin to make friends from all over the world. Once you have some friends, you can send your pet over to visit them.

You see, your cute little pet comes and sits in your desktop (or a special little window if you prefer) and you can feed it, bathe it, pat it and buy it toys to play with. Other pets can then come and visit your desktop, either sent by your friends, or roaming randomly when their owner goes offline (as your pet will do). You can also buy cute nameplates, awesome little accesories and clothes for your pet.

Here's a link to join if you want to just check it out: http://www.gopetslive.com/inviter?leviathan

On a completely off topic note, which probably doesn't belong here really... I think that if Neopets combined with GoPets it'd be the most awesome thing ever! Just think about it, your pets could all roam on your desktop, you could bring out food and drink for them to eat, toys for them to play with, their petpets (and their petpetpets) could follow them around or play with them. And you could play all the games and collect things just like normal. You could also finally have a use for clothes and other accessories, and you could easily make tons more friends. (It hasn't even been 24 hours since I joined GoPets and I have 30 friends already!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:48 pm 

I checked out the site a few months back (same username, louli89), and it is pretty great - but there's a major downside to it! Most clothes and other 'cool things' on GoPets cost Gold Shells - and these shells can only be bought with real life money. Of course sometimes you can get gold but it's really, really rare.
They used to have it where if you refer someone, you get 10 gold per referral, but they got rid of that, and replaced it with another program - now if someone you've referred buys gold shells with real money, you get a percentage of it.

Still, though! You gotta admit that the pets are just adorable! My favorite action is when they do the Love Dance, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:21 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Cool! I'm checking it out.... if it takes too long to download though, I think I'll forget it! =P

Want Neopets goodies for FREE????!!??!! Sure you do! Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=38039 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:22 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Eh, not my style. and I HATE downloading software onto my computer, its already screwed up too much :cry:, after downloading maplestory, the sims, the sims 2, the sims online onto my computer, its about to explode.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]