Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Neoquest 2 Help!
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:20 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I remember this thread from the currently-in-the-process-of-retrieving-the-database-information boards. I know some people have finished the game, so this may not be that useful anymore. But, I am one of the rest...
Anyway, does anyone have tips for fighting Ramtor?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:23 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I didn't find him too hard - I just kept going at him, and making sure to keep an eye on my party's HP. Blast potions were useful too.

I'm still training on evil - I'm concentrating on Neoquest 1 more at the moment. Determined to get that trophy :P

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:01 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Which weapon is better:forged shortsword, notched iron shortsword or
steel shortsword?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:31 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Rule of thumb for all NQ2 weapons: look at the amount of damage it does. Use the one that does the highest damage.

As you get further on in the game, the weapons bosses drop are generally favoured by most players, as they give your skills boosts, saving you spending skill points in certain categories.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:33 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

forged shortsword (dmg 20)
steel shortsword (dmg 14)
notched iron shortsword ???

The above according to my guide. I don't know about the damage of the notched iron shortsword, but I guess it's low since it's dropped by Zombom. If it hasn't any extra, the best one is the forged shortsword.

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:34 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Good to see that the neoquest board is back. :) I just got Talinia in InSaNe mode myself. It feels weird having three characters now, I was so used to Rohane and Mipsy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:38 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

*pulls hair* It's taking me forever, I feel like I'm never gonna finish Faerieland! I'm not even hunting and I get a fight every 3 or 4 steps :x King Terask: I'm coming for you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:36 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I just got done fighting the faeries on evil. I probably leveled up higher than I needed to, but fighting them at level 51 is a breeze. :lol: Now to try and pace myself for the rest of the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:31 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Deevil wrote:
I just got done fighting the faeries on evil. I probably leveled up higher than I needed to, but fighting them at level 51 is a breeze. :lol: Now to try and pace myself for the rest of the game.

Wow, 51! You sure are patient! As hard as I tried to train when in Evil, I gave up and fought them level 48, same as normal. Hopefully I can push myself to go up at least once more for InSaNe, I've been pretty cautious so far. Well, except for fighting Zombom at level 10, but I was getting 25 experience a monster!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:09 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Deevil wrote:

51!? Wow are you patient. I beat them at 45, though the experience from the fight threw me into 46. You're going to beat Nox with no trouble =D

Haha, I love your sig!

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:12 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Do monsters (non-boss) in insane have any additional Hit Points? My bro and I both started games somewhat near each other (him Normal, myself Insane) and I believe that the Plains Lupe on both had 20 HPs.

I'm on Zombom now. People say Zombom should be ok to take out at 11 or 12, but it's so boring leveling up while only getting 40 or so per battle. I was thinking of going after him at 10, like dog did, but my underlevel way of playing already got me killed once (in Dank Cave). :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:59 am 

Hi I hope this isn't a stupid question but I just started playing the game and I'm on level 10. These are the skills I've built up so far....

Critical Attacks || 1: Critical Hit
Damage Increase || 6: Intimidate Foe
Combat Focus || 0: no skill
Stunning Strikes || 1: Confuse
Battle Taunt || 0: no skill
Innate Magic Resistance || 0: no skill
Innate Melee Haste || 1: Melee Haste I

I'm just heading towards to the second boss in the tower thing and I was wondering what stats I should build up for Rohane.

-Aesir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:29 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Universal Senja wrote:
Do monsters (non-boss) in insane have any additional Hit Points? My bro and I both started games somewhat near each other (him Normal, myself Insane) and I believe that the Plains Lupe on both had 20 HPs.

I'm on Zombom now. People say Zombom should be ok to take out at 11 or 12, but it's so boring leveling up while only getting 40 or so per battle. I was thinking of going after him at 10, like dog did, but my underlevel way of playing already got me killed once (in Dank Cave). :?

Yup, they do. :? I had thought the lupes had 10hp in normal, but you may be right in that they have 20. In any case, in normal mode a Lost Desert possessed skeleton has 180hp, and the early Terror Mountain monsters I'm facing right now already have over 200. I'm not sure whether there's any difference between Evil and InSaNe, in Evil the 180hp possessed skeleton has 277hp, so I'll be able to confirm then, if someone else can't now. Terask has more hitpoints in InSaNe than Evil, of course. :(

As for Zombom, I actually didn't find him difficult. I just carried the max amount of blast potions and healing flasks, throwing the potions and healing whenever I had lost 25hp. The outcome was never in doubt.

And Aesir, you've picked the good stats, I'd continue as you're doing, focusing on damage increase. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:14 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Alex wrote:
Deevil wrote:

51!? Wow are you patient. I beat them at 45, though the experience from the fight threw me into 46. You're going to beat Nox with no trouble =D

Nox was a breeze...other than taking forever since he kept healing himself. :lol: I would be off to the next chapter already, but I noticed the different fungi/slime things were actually giving some decent exp. points, so I've been wandering around the goo bog for a bit. Maybe it's just because I know what I am doing this time, but evil actually seems easier than normal was.

-----

Got tired of fungi between my toes...
Quote:
You found 1 staff of mettle!
You found 1 radiant holy chain!
You found 1 robe of abjuration!

You gain 1,500 neopoints!

On to Faerieland. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:45 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Aesir wrote:
Hi I hope this isn't a stupid question but I just started playing the game and I'm on level 10. These are the skills I've built up so far....

Critical Attacks || 1: Critical Hit
Damage Increase || 6: Intimidate Foe
Combat Focus || 0: no skill
Stunning Strikes || 1: Confuse
Battle Taunt || 0: no skill
Innate Magic Resistance || 0: no skill
Innate Melee Haste || 1: Melee Haste I

I'm just heading towards to the second boss in the tower thing and I was wondering what stats I should build up for Rohane.

I think you should put several points into speed because you must be getting hurt from having a slow char. Personally, I like leveling speed and increase pretty evenly so I

a) get more chances to attack
b) get more chances to heal.

Honk Honk Honk $#%#$% honk hooooonk.

- Honk

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next