PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Faerie Festival is live.

Daily Faerie Quest: Faerie Quest Page

Faerie Festival FAQs
Wheel Of Excitement gives you one free spin a day
Soup Kitchen has had its limits removed for free feeding

There is a bonus prize for visiting quests every day of the event. This is just for collecting the free prize at the FQ page. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND visiting the hub page every day, as well as the Faerie Quest page (and eventually donation page), based on last year. Who knows what they'll do for other bonus prizes? After the fiasco of not knowing what the requirements were for fully participating, I plan on clicking every place I can every day this year. I expect we'll see Orion show up as well...
Some specific prizes have already been found.

I will add to this post when I have a few minutes (maybe later tonight? I'm not sure when. Still catching up on things.) Updated the FAQs (mostly the same as last year) and put in the first dialogue now.

Key FAQ notes:
Faerie Quests
How long does the event last?
The event begins on 09/24 and will end on 10/10. After the event is over, regular faerie quests will resume via Random Events, so keep an eye out for those fluttering wings!

What is the Faerie Festival event about?
This year, the Faerie Festival event is all about coming together to have fun and help donate as many items as you can to save them from turning grey! Fyora called upon Illusen and Jhudora once more for this year's festivities, but this time, they are to make their own festivals on purpose and have a friendly competition to see who can collect the most items! Which Faerie Festival will you be attending? While invites will be sent out to opt into the donating portion of the event on 09/26, the faeries will give participants a few days to mull their decision before festival goers have to officially choose a team on 10/01.

Can I cancel a quest once I am on it?
Yes, you can choose to abandon a quest at any time. However, if you decide to abandon a quest, you will not have the opportunity to replace it with another quest. You'll need to wait until the following day for another quest to be offered to you. You will not miss out on the final prize offered for visiting each day. If you abandon a quest on the final day of the event, you will not have the opportunity to complete a quest until a quest is randomly offered to you through a regular Random Event.

If I cancel a quest, is there a penalty?
Nope! You're free to abandon a quest if you like. However, you won't be able to accept another quest until tomorrow if you abort today's quest.

Can I choose which Neopet receives the reward from the faerie quest?
The reward for completing a quest will be applied to your active Neopet.

Do I have to complete a quest every day?
Nope. You're given the option of completing a quest every day, but you don't have to; you will still get a gift for visiting the page each day.

Do I have to complete a quest in order to receive a prize?
Nope. You're given the option of completing a quest every day, but you don't have to; as long as you visit the page each day you will still get a gift at the end.

Can I participate in the event on my side account(s)?
For the event, I'm afraid, no.
Since regular faerie quests are given out in Random Events, you may participate in those on your side account(s) if you happen to receive one, so long as you earned the NP for the requested item on your main account. (Remember, earning NP or items on side accounts isn't allowed.)
However, since the faerie quest event -- where you receive a "free" faerie quest every day -- gives out extra daily rewards, it is treated like any other event or daily and you may only participate on your main account.

Are there any other prizes I should know about?
Yes, you can receive prizes for participating in the festival every day, completing the festival story, donating the maximum number of items each day, and visiting the Faerie Quest Page each day!

How many faerie quests can I receive in one day?
Every day during the event, when you visit the Hubpage, you can receive a random Faerie Quest. You can choose to complete or abandon this quest. If you have a Faerie Quest Fortune Cookie, you can also receive that quest.

Recycling
Not available yet!

Festival Dialogue Scenes:
Scene 1
Queen Fyora: Hello again you two.
Illusen: Queen Fyora why have you called us here? Shouldn't you be with the Council?
Queen Fyora: I know, but the Faerie Festival is important too. However, I don't have much time for planning. Which is why I called for the two of you once more.
Jhudora: Please don't tell me you're pairing us together again. I think last year was proof we can't work together!
Queen Fyora: As much as I would like to see you two get along again, I simply don't have the time to argue. So no, I am not going to ask you to run the festival with one another again.
Illusen: Then why are we here?
Queen Fyora: During these difficult times, communities need to come together in any way they can. This is why I believe putting on the Faerie Festival is vital.
However, there is no time and with many important resources turning grey around the globe, many may be feeling too helpless to attend.
And so I thought of a unique way to solve both problems at once!
Jhudora: We burn down this beacon of false hope and attempt to make change in actually productive ways?
Queen Fyora: No!
You two will hold your own festivals. Same as last year so there is no need to plan anything new.
And this year you two can compete to see who can get others to bring them as many items as possible!
Illusen: What sort of items?
Queen Fyora: Anything and everything!
We must preserve as many resources as possible to keep them safe from turning grey. Even the smallest of items could help out later down the line!
And this is a great way to get the community involved and show them that they too can help even in these dire times!
Jhudora: Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to not have to work with little miss prairie faerie over there, but with everything going on right now wouldn't our, or at least my, power be better extended elsewhere?
Illusen: What's wrong? Afraid I'll wipe the floor with you again, you sour candy reject?!
Yeah, that's right. I can do hurtful nicknames too!
Jhudora: Ugh, that didn't even make any sense!
Illusen: You don't make any sense!
Jhudora: Fine then! Screw helping elsewhere, let's do this thing! I'll throw a way better event than you anyways!
Illusen: Not if last year was any proof!
Queen Fyora: Stop acting like children!
Since this went about as well as I thought it would I will be sending someone to check in on you both periodically.
Jhudora: What? We don't need a babysitter!
Queen Fyora: That temper tantrum you both just threw indicates otherwise!
Nevertheless, he requested to be involved so this works out well.
For now, though, I will return to the Council. But I will be back from time to time to participate when needed. I trust you two to prepare on your own. Goodbye.
Jhudora: I don't like this...something is definitely up with this so-called "babysitter"?
Illusen: What do you mean?
Jhudora: This all seems like an awfully big risk just for Neopians to "feel included".
Illusen: I think it's a great idea! If communities stop coming together, they are bound to fall apart!
Jhudora: Seriously? You're not questioning this at all? It's not like the Queen is famous for always being forthright about all her plans.
Illusen: We need to trust that Queen Fyora knows what she is doing!
Jhudora: Like you're one to talk about trust.
Illusen: ...
Jhudora: Whatever. We only have a few days to prepare our own stuff, so I'm sure there are lots of leaves for you to collect for decorations or something. See you never, hopefully!

Fyora's head popup wrote:
Faerie Festival is upon us!!
Judora and Illusen are still setting up, but they sent out invitations that you can read if you want!
While you wait, why not join the festival to partake in some fun quests?
Illusen wrote:
Invitation
Illusen's Faerie Festival Invitation Enclosed!
Once again, you're cordially invited to this year's Faerie Festival, which is held in the woods just outside of Faerieland. We would be honored if you would join us in celebrating all Faeriekind and the community within our lovely Neopia. We know you have your choice of festivals, so we hope you will consider attending our stately soiree over any lesser imitation that may be circling about.
When the time comes, I hope you will choose to attend my festival. You can RSVP by joining the event. Do note, the Faerie Festival will run from this upcoming date of 09/24 until 10/10.
Jhudora wrote:
If you're reading this it means you are invited to the Real/Fun/Superior Faerie Festival. Lucky you.
This will be where you can stretch your wings and cut loose. Not a snoozefest with snobby small talk!!! Bring food and any new dark magic spells or weapons you want to test in an unsafe environment.
So join the event now, and I'll save you a drink. And make sure you join MY event, got it? It's the only fun one if you get confused. When you choose to attend, remember that the Faerie Festival will run from this upcoming date of 09/24 until 10/10.
Scene 3
Orion: Hel-hello cunning Dark Faerie Jhudora. I-I have come at the request of Queen Fyora to see how the festivities are coming along.
Jhudora: Ah, so the Queen sent her most recent problem child to be our babysitter, huh? How great.
Wait? You've come at her request? I thought she said you were the one who requested to come to the festivals.
Orion: We-well we both thought it pertinent t-to-
Jhudora: Why have you really come here?
Orion: Wi-with the Queen so busy I thought perhaps I could be of assistance during these difficult times...
I'll be travelling between you and Illusen from time to time, but I will mainly be held up in Faerieland doing some research with Seshatia in her library. If you need anything from me please don't hesitate to swing by.
Jhudora: Mhmm, I just might!

Ways to get R102-179's:
Giant Omelette - 1 per day
Coltzan's Shrine - once every 13 hours; resets at around 12:26am NST daily; chance at getting some R102+'s
The Snowager - 3x per day - 6:00am - 7:00am NST, 2:00pm - 3:00pm NST, and 10:00pm - 11:00pm NST
Cheat - HTML game with chance of getting a battlecard after winning a round
Wheel of Misfortune - 150nps every 2 hours, LOTS of bad outcomes: chances of disease for your active pet, active pet forgets a book that he/she read, items in inventory can be stolen or turned into sludge (so...make sure your inventory is clear and you have an active pet that maybe hasn't read any books and you don't mind getting sick?)
The Money Tree - 10 items per day, good luck!
Buried Treasure - 300nps every 3 hours, booby prize items are R102+....except the Yellow Growth, but that's asked for at the Coincidence, so it's expensive and worth selling
Cheeseroller - 3 tries daily; check JellyNeo's Guide for names of cheeses (click on them to verify rarity as many are R101)
Jhudora's Bluff -Every 12 hours; completing quests 1, 3, 5, 8, 11, 17, 20 give out R130 items. May want to purposefully fail after 11 to restart and get the easier items if you're doing this only for R130s (quest 14 gives out a R99 instead). Check out JN's guide for tips about where to find some seemingly impossible items.

Scratchcards - Max 5 purchased cards per day:
Scratchcard Kiosk - 600 nps every 6 hours (closed 9-10am NST and 1-2pm NST), Terror Trove Scratchcard or Faeries Fortune Scratchcard to donate, scratch Races to Riches for a chance at the purple or rainbow quiggle plushies
Deserted Fairground Kiosk - 1200 nps every 2 hours (no closures), Undead Jackpot of Doom Scratchcard to donate
Note: Lost Desert scratchcards are all R101, and none of their prizes are R102-179.

Free the Bottled Faeries (NC)
Balthazar strikes again! Buy a pack of Flinging Slingshots from the NC Mall and rush back to free these poor trapped faeries from their glass prisons. Aethia is stepping in for Evalla, but she’s rounded up some wonderful prizes for your hard work!
This is a NC component. There are a total of 12 bottled faeries that can be freed, and there will likely be a bonus for opening all 12.
Free the Faeries Flinging Slingshot 1-Pack - 150 NC
Free the Faeries Flinging Slingshot 3-Pack - 300 NC
Free the Faeries Flinging Slingshot 6-Pack - 550 NC
Free the Faeries Flinging Slingshot 12-Pack - 1,000 NC

======================
Day 1 item: Queen Fyora offers you a small token as thanks for your interest. "Faerieland will always welcome you with its gates wide open, dear Neopian."
Faerie Queen Snowglobe
Day 1 quest: Fountain (the Hissi Stare)-> Library (Wartroot Snorkle Lollypop) --> (air) Mov+3 :roll:

Library Faerie text:
Fantastic! I'm sure this will make Baelia happy once she returns!
To stay similar to Baelia I won't reward you myself, but instead, I'll request help from another faerie!
Air faerie, come and bestow your blessing upon this Neopian! I cannot abide a debt that is not paid.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Last edited by Pickles on Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Faerie Festival Event 2024
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:58 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Day 1 Bonus: Faeries from Paradise
Day 1 Quest: Battle, Darkest Knight Skeith Helmet (5k)... MyPet's defence, strength, and health have increased! (+3, +3 + 3). Sweeet! 8)

Edit: Updated today's quest to the actual FF Quest, not the Cookie quest.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:33 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Bonus: Earth Faerie Usuki Doll
Quest: Fyora, scary ink frame. And ugh, I've already got a decision. 5 HP but also 2 levels

For now, I'll get today's last training in first, and maybe as many as I can tomorrow before deciding whether to complete or refresh (and then either complete or reject), and then get tomorrow's quest.

Edit: an extended day 1 = 4 more trainings before I have to choose to bump my training costs. And I got a +3 last night, so I'll be max 89 away at that point (needing 30 extra HP to break even, and already at 5). At this point, it's looking like I should just take the FQ quest and take my chances with Von Roo. If I do deadly dice and get extra levels instead of losing them, that's just extra training savings, so it's win-win (same if I get more extra levels from quests).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 5:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Day 2 item: Fire Faerie Racer
Day 2 Quest: Fountain (Paper-Wrapped Cheese - ~900nps) -> Fountain (Tombola Guy Charm - 21nps) --> fountain dip
I had both items, so made no difference - but the first might be useful for kitchen quests, so...better for the latter to be used! I already had a fountain dip in store. I definitely have used it on one of my Grundos to get the new relic items. Gotta do a little fun customization with that new item...and the Mallow Grundo...

BLP is definitely holding off on completing his Fyora quest from yesterday until after he starts one last 24-hour training later this afternoon. It's not the end of the world if he doesn't get extra trainings, as he's now on the shorter ones, too, but he wanted to get in as many as he could.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:43 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Apparently you need to complete/cancel the prior day's quest before you can see the new day's dialogue.

I checked both the quest and festival pages several times this morning but only saw yesterday's dialogue (and Fyora impatiently waiting). Just went again to double check, and I still can't see the dialogue, but I just received Jhudora Fashion Play Set.

I've got one more training at 9:40pm (my time), then I'll finish yesterday's and do today's.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Day 2 Bonus: Dark Faerie Bubbles
Day 2 Quest: Fyora, Rainbow Notebook... no refresh.. MyPet's level, strength, and health have increased -- a lot! (+2, +5, +5)

Now only 7 away from the next strength boost. No more Bullseye Potions for me. After using 54 bottles, the total loss was 26 STR, which is averages out to about half a point loss per dose.

Oohhh. Thanks for the reminder. I need to check in at the FF main page... This bit me last year.

ETA:
No new dialog today? (Or did I need to see it before heading to the quests?)

I finished all quests, but still see only day 1 of the dialog...?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 1:09 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

There's no new dialog today. Just a fresh item and fresh quest.

Blue, you had extremely bad luck with those Bullseye Potions. It's supposed to be an average gain, not loss. O.o Hopefully you'll get some Strength Serums from the Act II hospital shifts to help make up for it!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:24 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Day 1: +2 level, +5 strength (but past max boost), +5 HP (scary ink frame - had 10 in SDB); now only 88 HP from 3x 399

Day 2: Seshatia hurridly [sic] approaches you. "I'm in the middle of critical research, so I can't stay long. But I wanted to request Tropical Island Paradise Background on Baelia's behalf since she couldn't attend this year's festival."

Seshatia? Is that pronounced "Se-SHAY-shuh"? Reminds me of certain languages that pronounce "Jessica" like "Sheshica" (Irish and Japanese).

Oh, right. I forgot to make sure I had the SW preloaded. Even if I had that item, I wouldn't want to give it to a faerie -- I'd want to customize with it! Hmmm. JN says it's only 2.6k.

But it could give any stat? I'll take my chances with a refresh then. But no stats... Naia. Skeith Winter Warrior Sword. I was able to log in on my laptop and use my open SW tab there. 1391. Well, free painting. Guess I can finally paint my new Lenny to match her name.

Nope. Steampunk to get her some free clothes before closing her final color. (Not sure I can match her name in her current species, though... Might have to to switch her species first, but then why did I just get Lenny clothes?)

Fyora tomorrow, please, though!

Edit: Oh well, I guess your little pet gained 1 level, and goes up to 402.

You're going the wrong way! Now I need to lose three levels. *sigh* (Or, you could look at it as me getting +2 codestones towards making up for bumping early, plus the +14 from the quest)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Day 3 item: Dark Nova Pop
Day 3 quest: Battle (Flaming Bomberry Krawkade - had) --> +3HP, +3Str, +3 Def to battle pet

Invitations on the main page are now up (and added to the first post in the dialogue section). I clicked on the "Join a team" button...which caused it to spin blankly for a bit, refreshed, and then the whole of the dialogue disappeared and is not coming back. This seems to be what is happening for everyone right now.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2024 1:04 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm... It's 6pm NST and I will give it a shot to sign up. Leaning towards Illusen again. But, I got a Illusen's Staff from this last year... So, if the top prize is a WODF, then maybe I want to go with Jhudora this year? That would save plot points for something else... Decisions, decisions...

Illusen wrote:
Invitation

Illusen's Faerie Festival Invitation Enclosed!

Once again, you're cordially invited to this year's Faerie Festival, which is held in the woods just outside of Faerieland. We would be honored if you would join us in celebrating all Faeriekind and the community within our lovely Neopia. We know you have your choice of festivals, so we hope you will consider attending our stately soiree over any lesser imitation that may be circling about.

When the time comes, I hope you will choose to attend my festival. You can RSVP by joining the event. Do note, the Faerie Festival will run from this upcoming date of 09/24 until 10/10.

Jhudora wrote:

If you're reading this it means you are invited to the Real/Fun/Superior Faerie Festival. Lucky you.

This will be where you can stretch your wings and cut loose. Not a snoozefest with snobby small talk!!! Bring food and any new dark magic spells or weapons you want to test in an unsafe environment.

So join the event now, and I'll save you a drink. And make sure you join MY event, got it? It's the only fun one if you get confused. When you choose to attend, remember that the Faerie Festival will run from this upcoming date of 09/24 until 10/10.

Day 3 Bonus: Rancid Faerie Potion
Day 3 Quest: Fyora, Jelly Bean Baguette... no refresh... (9.1k) MyPet's level, strength, and health have increased -- a lot! (+2, +5, +5) 8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2024 1:23 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

You can't sign up until Oct 1st...and you MUST sign up that day or it will automatically pick for you. This posted just about 20 minutes ago on Discord:
TNT Luna wrote:
The Faerie Festival is upon us! There are plenty of fun activities, such as a free daily spin at the Wheel of Excitement, soup for all at the wonderful Soup Kitchen, and the super popular Faerie Quests!
Be sure to check in each day, especially once Jhudora and Illusen are ready to show you their own unique festivals on October 1st, and you can choose which faerie’s invitation to accept. Be careful not to take too long to decide, as once the day is over one of the faeries will pick for you.

Please note that the avatars will be the same this year, and both avatars will go towards your overall count!
I am not sure how happy I am that apparently if you switch sides this year, you'll get the other avvie. I'm like...are we being punished if we stick on the same side? (by not getting the second avvie). Ugh.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2024 1:32 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm. Time to switch sides... Jhudora does have the better colors... and drinks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:50 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Oooh, that looks pretty, Blue. Hopefully tasty, too. Though not sure I'd drink it if Jhudora herself were offering it to me. (I will join her side for the avvie, though.)

I clicked to join the event and make the dialogue disappear. It's not showing up below as a scene, but it technically wasn't dialogue. Going to refresh to make sure my reading it counted.

I have two SW pages open. Time to quest.

Daily Reward: Light Faerie Hair Brush
Quest: Library faerie (Caramel Urn), refresh, Fyora (woohoo!) asking for Lost Desert Dagger (723 NP) +2 level, +5 strength, +5 HP

Training Savings:
Quests:
+4 level (1 x2 + 3 x3 = 11 codestones saved)
+10 HP (x2 = 20 codestones saved)
Von Roo:
+1 level (3 codestones saved)
---------------------------
34 codestones saved

Extra costs from bumping up early:
Today: 3 trainings (x1 codestone cost)
----------------------------
3 codestones cost

Net: 34 - 3 = 31 net codestones saved

Not a bad start! It is really annoying to have the training uncoupled from hospital volunteering, though. I'm already nearly a training behind, and it's max 3/day instead of 4. But the faeries are giving me more than that per day for now, so I can't complain.

I have an alarm set for Von Roo but might sleep through it. It will be good to check the forecast then and maybe pack a grab and go bag.

-------------------------------------

Edit day 4:

She did not check on von Roo at 3am. That was the one hour last night the weather radio didn't go off.

I didn't have any new dialogue or anything to click today. Clicked anyway.

Bonus: Faeries from Paradise (book)
Quest: Fyora, Trumpadon Fossil Necklace, 8.5k, +2 level, +5 strength, +5 HP

Training Savings:
Quests:
+6 level (1 x2 + 5 x3 = 17 codestones saved)
+15 HP (x2 = 30 codestones saved)
Von Roo:
+2 level (6 codestones saved)
---------------------------
53 codestones saved

Extra costs from bumping up early (until reach 1198)
Training HP: 6 trainings (x1 codestone cost)
----------------------------
6 codestones cost

Net: 53 - 6 = 47 net codestones saved

Last edited by Siniri on Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Day 4 item: Plushie Slorg Stamp
Day 4 quest: Battle (Creamy Chicken Dish - 900nps) --> +3HP, +3Str, +3 Def to battle pet

Lovin' these extra HPs!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:17 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Day 4 Bonus: Fountain Faerie Stamp
Day 4 Quest: Fyora, Metahuman Uni Trousers (1.9k), MyPet's level, strength, and health have increased -- a lot! ... and I had the wrong active pet... forgot to switch back after dipping Blue. Whups. Oh well.

ETA:

Day 5 Bonus: Earth Faerie Usuki Doll
Day 5 Quest: Seshatia, Gruisberry Muffin (1k)... Refresh... Fountain (dang), Springy Blue Blumaroo Toy (SDB)