NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: April Fools 2024
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:13 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
When browsing the site, this guy pops up...
Smile Withme

Smile Withme wrote:
It looks like everyone has a case of the Monday Blues, huh? Well, no need to worry! I am here to help! My name is Smile Withme, and as soon as I heard about everyone feeling frowny, I came and created some motivational posters around Neopia because, as we all know, the best medicine for when you are sad is to smile!

Just Smile

Hang In There!

Everything will be OK

make time... to play!

Think Happy Thoughts

Smile Withme wrote:
You keep getting rid of my posters. Are they not helping? No, that can't be it! I'm sure all those silly little worries will wash away if you go for a nice walk! That way, you could see even more of my posters around Neopia. Remember to keep smiling, and everything will be okay!

Smile Withme wrote:
Hey there! Still not feeling better? Oh, what's that? You think we should try to discover what may be the underlying systematic issue that is causing everyone to be so sad? Nah, that couldn't possibly work. I know, why don't you try drinking some cold water? That should perk you right up! And, of course, don't forget to check out more of my posters and just keep smiling!

Of note, the pop-up posters wreak havoc on (break) the "normal" pop-up message boxes - there is no longer a white background...

On the Main Page...)
Click on the Smile Withme icon in upper right for this popup:

Click on "Lets Go!"

Smile Withme wrote:
Okay, okay, I can admit when I'm wrong. Maybe the posters alone won't fully fix everything. I've got another great idea, though! But I can't do this one for free - those posters cost a lot! No need to fret; this won't cost any money. I just need you to sign this contract.It's okay! Don't you trust me?

Quote:
For the low-low price of loyalty and admiration, you can smile all your cares away with a simple sign of this here contract. Upon signing you will receive a great big smile and become a part of the Smile Withme fanbase community! There's no better way to deal with your worries than to just smile, so sign today for the best deal ever!
You can accept or decline...

Decline 1:
Quote:
Oh, hey, friend, you almost accidentally chose the wrong option! No need to panic; I know you want to sign! I'm glad I caught you right in the nick of time. Here, try again!

Decline 2:
Quote:
Oops, another accident, huh? That's alright; I know it can be hard to focus when you're down in the dumps. It's going to be okay. I can make this all stop as fast as it started. Just sign on the dotted line, and you'll be happier than ever. I promise!

After 2nd decline, both options are "sign"...

Quote:

Smile Withme Mask

The contract disappears in a puff of smoke....

and you are left holding this.

It is now in your inventory.

You now have a "Smile Withme Mask" (wearable) (no trade) (special)

Uh oh...

Smile Withme wrote:
Is this not what you wanted? Well, it technically fulfils the contract. With this, you can smile forever and ever and ever! And all it cost was your undying devotion to me! Now, you can enjoy all my hard work with these new posters I made for my adoring fanbase! I think you'll find they are much more entertaining than my last! Isn't smiling just the best?!

stay gloomy...

Just Let Go

You Know Nothing

...Feeling down? Cry about it!

Cease thinking

Use the Smile Mask to play with a pet (may need to do this a few times) to get...

I put it into my closet and put it on a pet.

Smile Withme wrote:
You may have found a way to get rid of my posters for a bit, but you won't be getting rid of me! They say even too much of a good thing can be bad, but how could positivity ever be toxic? Just smile! Oh, and don't forget about that wonderful mask I gave you. You should inspect it in your inventory! :)

Quote:
Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'April Fool 2024' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Removing the mask from my pet and taking it out of the closet and playing with it again...

Smile Withme wrote:
See! Smiling makes everything better...I mean just look at me

...and it's Chadley!... erm. Chadrick Woolsworth Tuffington IV (Link to Neodex)
Chadrick wrote:
My smile has garned me many loyal and adoring fans!

ETA: Removed spoiler

I think everything was captured, but might need a little re-organization... enjoy

Post subject: Re: April Fools 2024
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:43 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, Blue!

Hmm. When I played with my pet (just the one time), Smile Withme removed his own mask to reveal his secret identity -- someone we haven't seen since before Flash was cancelled.

I also got the April Fools avatar message when I signed (unwillingly).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:00 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I never received the reveal of secret identity :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
I never received the reveal of secret identity :(
Try playing with the item again, clicking the OK button, and then it should go through?

It took me several attemts at playing with the item and refreshing to get the Avatar.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:38 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Yep. I had to take it off of my pet, put it back in inventory. 1st time playing with it again did the identity reveal! OP updated (and cleaned up)

The whole time I was looking at Smile Withme, I thought the tail, hair and posture looked familiar, but couldn't quite put my brain on it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:02 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

It's funny that it seemed to glitch more later in the day. I did my dailies early because I'd gotten up early to wait in line for free eclipse glasses... Except there was no line, so I walked in the park and did dailies (treacherously) until the store opened.

And I was able to get all the things early/on time for April Fools, just as it organically interrupted the dailies.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!