Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:58 am

Yarg. Angry AAA indeed!

Daze #1: Done!
Top Chop wrote:This Month: 1,119

Daze #2: Done!
Smug Bug Bite wrote:This Month: 568

Daze #3 - Done!
Wingoball wrote:This Month: 1,062
The key to this one is getting the first ball bonus in as many rounds as possible! You will be close to or over 1k entering the last round.

Re: Games Master Challenge 2019 Fan Edition

Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:53 am

Yeah, guys, this is GMC, not DD... I set my required scores (what I thought was) significantly lower than my high scores... I don't know how you're all getting such high scores in Smug Brothers Smitefest...

Huh, actually my second game would give you place 54 on the hs table on day 3 of the month. I did cut my hs nearly in half, but maybe that wasn't enough? Then again, it's not a very popular game... My first game's score isn't nearly enough to get you on the hs table even this early in the month, though (you'd need to shave a minute and 17 seconds off the time to get on the hs table, which is a lot).

Let's see... Blue's challenge would put you at 66 on the hs table, but considering someone is on the table with a score of 4(!), 10k seems like an appropriate score. Pickles's first game's score wouldn't get you on the hs table, but that's a very popular game (with only 23 points separating 3rd and 100th place). And it absolutely requires you to unlock the extra-bounce mode, which is elite level (but honestly not unreasonable). P's second challenge was less than half the lowest hs and completely reasonable. And Pickles's third games were both quite reasonable (required score only fraction of lowest hs in an unpopular game)... Daze's first game is just a bit off the hs list, so quite reasonable... Her second game is just outside the lowest hs (again, very popular with little variability). As is her third.

*grumbles about not liking reasonable people who create challenges that seem doable until you try them* I actually have a perfect record in GMC. 100% completion day-of in every. Single. One. And you guys are trying to ruin that! :P

Maybe tomorrow. Or maybe I'll extend the deadline...

Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:20 pm

I thought I set my score on #1 reasonably low. You just have to finish all 3 levels to get it. Tip: the "Grundo Bash" (B Key) is a big help, and you get 3 per level.

On the SmiteFest, I came nowhere near the score until I realized that you can click incessantly without penalty. Just hover around where they typically show up and you'll get lucky an hit them as they arrive. It took a while to figure that out, but after a few games with that method I eeked out the score. Do note that if you hover a bit too far and click outside the game, you're done for. The only way to get the GnomeFest is to either finish the last level (impossible if you ask me), or get the first ball bonus most of the rounds. I did not get either of these on first day.

For what its worth, I still don't know what Siniri's second game is.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:54 pm

I checked everyone's scores for the games and checked how many levels you needed to get that score.
EDIT: My apologies Siniri. I really thought you had a different score in #2. Just going back to your post, and it now dawned on me that your score is lower than the one needed. This was a mistake on my behalf. I wouldn't have made it so high otherwise.
But I believe you can do it!! :)
(I really am struggling with brain fog due to health issues).

I didn't go easy on me either. All 3 games take me multiple attempts to get the score.
Maybe I am a little too competitive?

Game #1 require you to get to round 2 and get one extra good chop in.
Game #2 get through 3 rounds with reasonable accuracy.
Game #3 get through to last level.

Game # 1
Hints:
Blue figured it out the best strategy.
It is very much like Splat a Sloth, you get points even before it shows up, if you can hit it at the 'start' point of its jump.
The second smugly usually pops up in the same spot relating to the first one. Not always, but helps when it does, so you can plan your clicking. Unfortunately I can't find the wonderful guide that showed the exact spots. It was a game changer for me.
Suggested level scores Lvl 1: 125+, Lvl 2: 300.

1. Pick a certain area each time. First level, Spam click until smugboy show up. If not on the spot you picked, end game start again.
2. Same as step 1, but depening on the time, you may not need to start again.
3. Same as step 1 and 2. I always go for the barrel laying down. Spam click the middle of it. When you are lucky both come out and you get them on the 'start' of the jump.
As it is a short game, it is easy just to restart until you get the smuglies on the first click. JN shows where they pop up.

Game #3. Use a guide to show the fastest route.
My highest is just over 1000, but I know it is very dobable. I can't get much higher because I just can't do the last level.
I also don't always do it on the first try and have to try a few times myself before the game comes together.

I am nowhere near getting Siniri #2 score. I don't know how I got 1000 in the first place (although I had a different computer back then).

Pickles #3 Part 1 - Doubled my highscore. I don't have the patience for games like this. An easy game, but it stresses me out. LOL.

Blue - Siniri's #2 game also has a festival!! :)

(or you can look up Siniri's game scores to work it out. I had to do that for Siniri and Pickles!!
My brain doesn't work as well as it used to.)
Last edited by Daze on Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:11 am

Thanks Daze. I now know Siniri's #2 game, and I will refer you to post #22... My high is 668. Ugh.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:29 pm

Oops. Sorry, Blue. I thought you had figured it out. I find the key is to only really try to get big fruit towards the beginning - pick one color, and don't match it until you make a big one. In later levels, try to pick two colors and move them to opposite sides, so that when you match them, you can hopefully match a bunch. Use the color-changing fruit on a fruit you don't have a lot of, if you can). And try to use the remove-all-of-one-color fruit on the one you have the most of.

Once things are flying, I just stack stuff up to the right, know where the color(s) I want to remove all of are, and keep an eye out for the all-remover - when I know it's coming, I know exactly where I'm putting it, so I have time to get it there. There is a bit of luck, because sometimes you literally don't get anything to remove in time. Just really pack things in there and hope you get another remover before you run out of space. Lather, rinse, repeat... I wish it were more like Tetris (so that you could remove rows by completing them).

I'll have to try those techniques on Daze 2 tonight. I know how to do P1 and D3; they're just hard.

Edit: 984 in P1... So close and yet so far.
Oh! 568 in D2! Thanks for the tips - they really helped! I was getting frustrated, but then I noticed the first one on the last level kept appearing near the fence, so I hovered there, and then guessed near the barrel, and the second one appeared right underneath me, too! Thanks!
D3 is probably too time-consuming for right now, but I *can* stop between levels....
And 1021! So D3 is done! (I had 970 and needed to beat level 25. TDN's guide helped me nail it on the first try.)

So all I have left is P1 at this point... And I guess S3 and B2 and B3, if we ever get around to posting them... :D

Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:18 am

Siniri wrote:So all I have left is P1 at this point... And I guess S3 and B2 and B3, if we ever get around to posting them... :D

Erm. Uh.. yeah :oops: Might need an extension...

Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:49 am

Blue wrote:
Siniri wrote:So all I have left is P1 at this point... And I guess S3 and B2 and B3, if we ever get around to posting them... :D

Erm. Uh.. yeah :oops: Might need an extension...

We still have 11 days. ;)

Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:11 pm

I'm not sure I'll be able to make it through Wingoball, even with a guide. I'll keep trying, but I'm having trouble getting through it at all. The guides don't seem to line up with what I see.

Siniri, for the bounces, try bouncing before the kass hits the ground. I find that it seems like I do better if I'm a hair ahead of it.

ETA:
After quite a LOT of practice and failed attempts (in the 890-950 range), finally got it:
This Month: 1,015

Eeesh I dislike that game. Ah well. Perseverance FTW. As much as I grumbled about the score, it's nice to have a challenge now and then!

I've completed: Siniri 1, 2, Pickles 1, 2, 3, Blue 1, and Daze 1, 2, & 3

Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:58 am

NOTE: I added a post right after the OP that has the complete summary of all current challenges :)

Siniri 1:
Roodoku Score wrote:This Month: 1,158

Siniri 2:**Incomplete** Man, do I stink at this game! I am beginning to hate this game I loathe this game

Pickles 1:
[s]Whack-A-Kass[/s] Kass Basher wrote:This Month: 1,161

Pickles 2:
Snow Muncher wrote:This Month: 3,285
Not my best, but good 'nuff ;)

Pickles 3:3a
Attack of the Gummy Dice wrote:This Month: 613
3b
Jelly Blobs of Doom wrote:This Month: 210

Blue 1:
Spacerocked! wrote:This Month: 11,364

Daze #1:
Top Chop wrote:This Month: 1,119

Daze #2:
Smug Bug Bite wrote:This Month: 568

Daze #3:
Wingoball wrote:This Month: 1,062
The key to this one is getting the first ball bonus in as many rounds as possible! You will be close to or over 1k entering the last round.

Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:08 am

Pickles wrote:Siniri, for the bounces, try bouncing before the kass hits the ground. I find that it seems like I do better if I'm a hair ahead of it.

That's what I do. Trying to bounce sooner made me get a lower score.

Edit: I finally got a fourth bounce... and still only a 979. Whatever. That's three for the day.
Edit: So of course I finally got this...
(with my PPT log-in as proof that it's me)
Yay! All challenges given so far have been conquered! Woohoo!

Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:57 pm

LOL. Like in the "olden days", when you had to take a Polaroid picture with a current newspaper.

Ok Kids, look 'em up on that newfangled Google doohickey.
Polaroid - Instant* printed photo.
Newspaper - News actually printed on paper. Not just any paper, but newsprint paper. And, they were delivered to your home, purchased at a newsstand, or at a newspaper vending machine..

*Ok, so like 60 seconds

... Congrats, Siniri!

Oh, I suppose that I should offer up some new challenges.

Blue #2
Just Roll With It
If a Turmac eats a lot, it can grow up to be big and strong
If you do not crash, your score will come along
Because I am not evil and the snow can be drifty
You'll need a score of 350.

Blue #3
Nummy Neggs
This one is based on a game called Snake
Eating Neggs with a tail you can't shake
Watch out for the red
Or else you'll be dead
A score of Five Hundred you must make

Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:15 am

Congrats, Siniri!

Just Roll With It
This Month: 603

Nummy Neggs
This Month: 504

Eeek by, did I. :P (I can do better on both of those, but those were the first scores I got over the challenge scores and things are crazy right now. Maybe if I need a stress break, I'll get better scores on them later. Those are two of my favorite games, so I might well do so.

I've completed: Siniri 1, 2, Pickles 1, 2, 3, Blue 1, 2 &3, and Daze 1, 2, & 3

Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:17 am

Siniri #2 - All but given up.

Blue #2 - Complete
This Month: 657

Blue #3 - Working on it.

Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:26 am

Just Roll with it: 504
Nummy Neggs (ugh, one of my I-loathe-it games): But a fish negg gave me a 536 on the last game before I was ready to throw my laptop through the wall, so...

I'll post my last challenge tomorrow.

Aww, do I need to lower the score on my second game? Sorry, I didn't realize I routinely end up on the hs table, and that really, there's only luck between my hs and half my hs... so I guess the score was a little high. Maybe I should check past challenges to see...

But for now, back to sleep. Hopefully I can sleep through the rest of the night. Darn coughy cold.
Topic locked