Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Dare 2019
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bahahaha. While I was playing Kou-Jong and Turmac Roll, just for fun, Mr. P did his part of the team challenge...and managed to get the exact same score as me. What are the odds of that? I mean, PPC is hard enough to get points on, but to get the exact same score? :lol:

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:44 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Today's game, Cave & Corridors was a little tricky. I had scored higher previously, but today took quite awhile to get. I have to learn to slow down and wait rather than barrelling through it.

Nice work Mr. P!! :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, that took forever, but it's done. I'm not actually sure how long it took - maybe 45 minutes? Slow going, but, it worked. I didn't have time earlier in the day for this, as we were crazy busy, but...whew!

Some tips I picked up various places:
1) First, unlock all of the levels (1-12; but do not play 13 as it relocks all the levels).
2) You can end the game after you unlock a level (don't send score of course!) and click "continue game" to go back to where you were. This allows you to use the cheat codes "freetime" and "nomorerocks" for every level, making it easier to unlock them all with silver or gold. (If you die, of course, you have to end game and go back to the continue game thing again, but it's still way easier to get the scores needed to unlock this way!)
3) Once all unlocked, play through levels that weren't as hard (use "freetime" on any level, and "nomorerocks" on level 9 for higher scores).
4) JN's level guides were very helpful. I split screen: Game in one window on the left side; JN guide on the other side.

I actually just quit without running out of lives, as I'd well more than beaten my previous high score and definitely was over AAA's. I was ALMOST over AAA's before I started the last level I did, but...7 more points! Go figure, right? Oh, well.

Day of prize seems to be a book. Guess that's going to get expensive fast?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:37 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I already had most of the levels unlocked from the last time we had this challenge, so I just continued my game. It still took a few tries, because the game is very glitchy. I love how you can climb all the way to the top of a vine, and then when you try to fall off, it can take a variable amount of time (once it was a full five seconds!), or even though you're at the very top, half the time you miss the platform below, or you fall *through* a platform (literally). Ugh. At least it's over. Won't touch it again until next time.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mr. P had more than half the levels already unlocked, too. It took him significantly less time to complete!

Today's was pretty easy. Followed JN's guide, used the secret level to start, and got it on my first try. Almost tied my all time high score...but I was 2 points shy. Ah, well. ;)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:21 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I hadn't played this one on this account yet. I got it on my first game, too. Another slow, laborious game with not-so-easy controls. Not as bad as yesterday, but still... I'm hoping we get to a fun game soon!

Edit: Yay, a fun game! And in my first game, I get a weird glitch where I can't click on one of the last pair of cards. I clicked on every card spot, but it just wouldn't turn over the card... :(

Edit: The second game played normally. I went ahead and ended the game early so I wouldn't have it glitch again. Phew. Ridiculously easy score. I remember in the first DD I beat AAA in everything, it took days for me to beat him in this one!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Today's score was way too easy. They've redone the scoring on this game since the score of 700. I quit after I'd more than doubled the score. Ah, well. Two days left. I'm not worried about Nova Defender, but Jumpin' Gem Heist could be a potential problem. I ought to practice it some...maybe.

Jumpin' Gem Heist (2011:50,000)
Nova Defender (2011:700,000 / 2018:225,000)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:34 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Kiko Match II is not a favorite of mine. Not sure how the scoring is different, but I did manage to beat AAA day-of. Glad today is done.

Back home tonight after a long day of travel :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:53 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Today's is 230k. I'll need to do this later; I couldn't get enough gems for the second power-up, and I was too stressed and kept losing too many lives on the third level. I don't like this game. I can get there, but I need to not be rushed (I have to leave for work soon). Unfortunately, I'm working like 12-14 hours today, but at least I should have some downtime when I can play starting around 8pm. I got to 178k on my first game, so it shouldn't take too long. I hope...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Got today's pretty easy, and I actually enjoy playing it, and do for fun sometimes. The old 700k score might've been a challenge.
The trick is to replay the second level twice. Get through the first level (herd them until there's 6, then kill them quickly but don't collect the gems until you kill a few more, so you get the increased points, as shown in the video in JN's guide). In the second level, herd them by going around them in a circle near a corner until the pink thing shows up in the middle, then hit it, and all the shots coming at you turn into points to collect for masses of points. Get through that, kill a few more (but not too many), and then die, repeat that level again, and you should be able to get the two power ups. I didn't actually survive the third level the first time I played but still got over 400k by that method.

ETA: Just in case y'all are trying for it during JN's scheduled maintenance today, here's the link to their video: Nova Defender guide video

...I'm not going to lie, I'm a little nervous about tomorrow's. I should probably practice it.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:37 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I had an awful score on my 3rd game today, not even making it to the 2nd gem power-up, yet still (barely) beat AAA. I had to look twice, not believing I actually achieved that score. I will take it and get on with my day.

Since today was Nova Defender, the expected game tomorrow is Jumpin' Gem Heist? AAA's predicted score 50k? That must have been an Abi day for me the last time. My high is 33.8k, and a few practice games just now, 22k has been the average. Ugh.

...and my last game was heading for 29k, but the browser crashed. Hopefully tomorrow's AAA score is 30k or lower. I can stretch for that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
Since today was Nova Defender, the expected game tomorrow is Jumpin' Gem Heist? AAA's predicted score 50k? That must have been an Abi day for me the last time. My high is 33.8k, and a few practice games just now, 22k has been the average. Ugh.

...and my last game was heading for 29k, but the browser crashed. Hopefully tomorrow's AAA score is 30k or lower. I can stretch for that.
I'm assuming it's going to be Jumpin' Gem Heist. I've seen a lot of people complaining about it crashing on the boards. Hopefully the AAA score won't be near the 50k it was before. I haven't tried it on my desktop this month, but yeah.

ETA: People on the board are reporting it's been changed to Cooty Wars.
Previous AAA scores: 600 (2008) / 670 (2012) / 503 (2017)

If it's truly Cooty Wars, I'm not overly worried about it, unless they make the score around 1000. I've gotten over that before, but it's been a while. I just got a 660 on a first run through, so I think I'l be okay.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:39 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I managed AAA's score on my third game. I remembered the tricks, but I never managed to get the second power-up. Whatever. It's done.

I guess I'll maybe try JGH and CW... Just to see...

Edit: 28.1k in JGH. Weird, because I thought I still had a lot of time left.
Edit 2: 711 on CW. Crossing my fingers for CW, lol!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:35 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Last game Cooty Wars. The score was just outside my highscore, so going in I was pretty confident. I was more than surprised when I had a great run through and just made the score at 753 on the first run.

Finished 21 AAA on the day.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:58 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, Cootie Wars. AAA score is 750 and it is a Double Dare day.

Like Daze, my previous high was close (656), so I went for it. It took about 4 tries and managed a new high of 884. Woot! Done. All AAA all the way. Granted, I have 2 green checks and the balance is Gold. I cannot blame traveling for the first green check - I stink at Sophie's Stew and did not give myself enough time that day to get it done on time.

Ah well, done for 2019! I am rather pleased to have done this well! Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and competition this year!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next