Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Charity Corner - Living with Less
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've got enough for Bank Bribery and Stocks. I didn't have enough by just emptying my SDB, though, since I emptied it last year. I went ahead and ditched all the extra quest toys and clothes, as well as all the spooky foods I'd been hoarding, just because I didn't have enough, but it still didn't bump me over. I'm still really sore about having lost out on the points from last year, since I would've had more items to donate this year if I hadn't over cleaned out last year. Sigh.
I've been buying things that I can find for 20nps or less, and grabbing as many sticky snowballs as I can, though my time has been limited until the last few days. Every once in a while, I'll stumble on a 1np shop, but that's been rare. Mostly it's just been dailies, battling, and collecting my 10 items at the Money Tree.

It baffles that people are spending 3k-3.5k on sticky snowballs, making it 375-437.5nps per donation point, when there are still plenty of items at 40-50nps or under.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 4:23 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yeah, donating is so fast, there's no point in spending so much on the 8-point items. If you're really strapped for time, get 6-point items - there are plenty available at far less than 3/4 the NP.

We lost internet for about 21 hours, so I lost out on a bunch of snowballs and wheel items (and dice-a-roo). But I only need 499 more points to reach my goal of 30k, and I have that many of the better healing potions in my SDB, so I'm good (back when I used to stockpile them for the next war... before I switched to stockpiling snowballs for CC).

Edit: Officially up to 30k (including carryover). I'll stop on a round number tomorrow, after dailies... I kept 50 of each healing potion, just in case... But I would like a few days of the Wheel perk, so I might donate a few more. I don't think 32k will be possible for me.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:46 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The CC finished today. Prize shop not open yet.

I controlled myself and didn't add to my points total. LOL.

Ended on 40,000 points.

SDB start quantity for next year.

Total Items: 844 | Qty: 1,989

Edited to add good idea from Pickles. :D

Last edited by Daze on Tue May 28, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:57 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I finished at 32k.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I *might* have gone a little crazy yesterday. (Holiday + kids wanting to watch movies + laptop on the couch = time that I probably should've spent doing something else, but mindlessness was good for me, I think). I got worried that they might up the gold trophy mark, and decided to aim higher than I previously thought I'd make. I am glad it's over, though.

I'm not sure how much I spent total (I guess I could've tracked it?) but I'd guess nowhere more than 250k from my bank to get from where my SDB left me to here. I did a LOT of sniping on the SSW (and got banned nearly every hour) - kept finding 1np shops through a fairly easy method. Never spent more than 50nps on any single point, and the majority of the time, well less than that. Also, I kept getting RE's that gave me NPs while I was shop sniping...so that helped, too.

Seeing as my bank account is actually UP 7 *million* nps from where it was at the beginning of the event, I'm not going to quibble about whatever I spent to earn more points yesterday. This is mostly because I finally priced and sold a lot of the expensive stuff in my SDB. Apparently, I had some lab map pieces, and then those two P/B's I picked up off the money tree while sniping items for this event, and various other things from previous years' old-style CC's.

2019 points: 31,074
"Carried Over" (AKA Decimated :cry: ) Points: 3426
Total: 34,500

I plan on spending it on bank + stocks + perk it up, and maybe Carto or Wheels. We'll see how Perk it Up works out.

...this doesn't mean I'm not still bitter about last year's points, though. :P :roll: ;)

ETA: For grins, here's my SDB stats after running dailies (not battling) this morning. You know, just for comparison next year, as to where I start, etc.
Items: 5,319 | Qty: 19,240

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:47 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Perk Shop Preview

Ah, you're here to reap the rewards of all the hard work you put into decluttering, aren't you?

I hate to send you back, but I need a few days to make sure all of these are in excellent working condition for you.

I will let you know once these perks are available for purchase.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 1:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Editorial from Friday finally went live. Here's some, uhm, interesting tidbits related to CC:

Quote:
Don't you think that the Charity Corner perk offering 3% extra bank interest is a bit unbalanced compared to others? It can either offer barely anything at all, or upwards of 60m NP. Obviously you need to be very rich for that to be the case, but it's an incredibly large difference considering the effort and perk points required will be the same for everyone.
The amount that can be gained through the Bank Bribery perk will always differ greatly from player to player depending on their account size, irrespective of the percentage increase offered. It is up to each player to decide whether the time and effort required for the perk is worth it to them.
Not really sure why this was in there?

Quote:
Hello! Thanks for showing users the perks preview so we have an idea of how much we want to donate. Will there be more perks added or is the shop for this year finalized? Thanks!
The list of perks for this year is final, and is the same as is currently previewed.
Yeah, kinda assumed that. But...good to know they're not changing it...or are they...(see next question)

Quote:
Hi. Will Cartogriphication from the Charity Corner perk shop be limited to one use, or will it be unlimited use since it only lasts a day for 100 points?
It can be applied ten times. We have added the caps for all the perks to the prize shop preview.
I can imagine this will anger some people. I can also imagine that we'll see this same cap on Right Round Round shortly. Because yeah. If they cap one, they'll probably cap both. And maybe the Refresh quest one, too. Maybe. (Also, at the time of me posting this, they have not actually updated the prize shop preview with this information).

Quote:
I was wondering if this perk (Fast and Furious) from the CC will or will not work with the NC Mall Training cookie or if it will be similar to some of the other perks that do not work with the skirmish boons?
Fast and Furious will work with the Training Fortune Cookie.
Just FYI on this one...

Quote:
The puzzle adventure site theme isn't included as a part of the Bring Back the Old Days perk for the Charity Corner. Can it be added since the codes from that game can no longer be redeemed? Thank you.
Yes, we will add this to the list of available site themes.
This addresses the Perk Me Up issue I had. Since I don't actually have that site theme (it's one of 2 that I don't have - the other is the other console/PC game one, whatever that is), if I get that perk, it'll be worth something to me now. So, while they didn't actually address my exact question this year, they did address it by adding something that I can get from it. This still doesn't cover people who actually have all the site themes, though. I suppose that's a VERY small percentage of people, though, so they'll probably handle those people on a case by case basis or something. Maybe.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 1:58 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Not sure how much I ended up with, but it was around 3.8k. Not a lot, but more than I had anticipated and certainly enough for the avatar :)

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:02 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Trophies are out!!

Quote:
Great Job!

Your participation in the 'Living with Less' program was commendable. Most attendees report that the high that comes from decluttering is reward enough, but few refuse a little recognition to go with it. Atsumi is sending you a gold trophy for your user lookup, as well as 10,000 Neopoints and 250 NC! Now sit back and enjoy the fruits of your hard work!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Got the same as Daze. Curious that there were no items this year, though.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:59 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I got the same as well. The items will be randomly given out in Perk Me Up, apparently...

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:42 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Mine was slightly different (because I did not do nearly as much as each of you). You guys did awesome. I am not entirely sure how many points I earned, but is was somewhere around 3.8k

theneopetsteam wrote:
Great Job!

Your participation in the 'Living with Less' program was commendable. Most attendees report that the high that comes from decluttering is reward enough, but few refuse a little recognition to go with it. Atsumi is sending you a silver trophy for your user lookup, as well as 5,000 Neopoints and 200 NC! Now sit back and enjoy the fruits of your hard work!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:36 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The perk shop is allegedly working. Can anyone confirm? I'd like to sign up for the 1-year perks ASAP.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm seeing it all over the neoboards and JellyNeo that perks are not currently working. I would hold off doing ANYTHING yet.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:56 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Yep, the Perk Shop is closed again.

Open again as at 1pm NST

Luckily I was busy and only just got back on Neo, otherwise I may have been caught up in the glitches.

Perk Shop

My current break-down of spending points:

First 1000 - Hopefully it will only a week and I can use the 6, 000 somewhere else.

Bank Bribery 8000
Activate tomorrow before I collect interest

Right Round Round Round x7 - 700
7 days to go with my avatar goldmine (need High Roller).

Spiked! 1000 x2 - 2000
Still not sure of this, I don't really need it, but I am training up 2 other pets, so maybe!?!

Perk Me Up 2000 x10 - 20,000
If you don't want to try the perk given, you can pay 100 points to forgo it.
Spent

1, Forgo -100
2. Can I keep it. (Classy Minimal Dresser)
3. Can I keep it. (Classy Minimal Boudoir)
4. Spinarolla
5. Forgo -100
6. Prized Possessions (extra 10 items from the battledome)
7. Forgo -100
8. Bring back the Old Days - Monster Hunting
9. Forgo -100
10. Forgo -100
11. Forgo -100
12. Bring back the Old Days - Cyodrakes Gaze
13. Forgo -100
14. Can I keep it. (Classy Minimal Dresser)
15. Can I Keep it. (Dusty Rose Clothes Rail)
16. Forgo -100
17. Forgo -100
18. Can I Keep it. (Sleek End Table)

Total: 18,900 on Perk Me up.

Total Spent: 22,000
Remaining:18,000

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next