Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Legends & Letters
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:02 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Siniri, if you need any help, I am always happy to lend a hand. I really like this game and play every day.

The only cards I have now are:
Caylis (Water) x2, Isca (Water) x2, Garin (Lightning), Jacques (Fire), Nuria (Fire) x2, General Dacon (Earth) x2

All the rest go towards levelling/ascending.

General tips:

You don't need to keep anything but your main cards.
Pick your strongest team and use all the rest to level up your main cards.
Use all your 2*/3* cards to level up. Use 4* cards if you need to. Keep all 5*.

The material cards (I think that is what you are referring to), have no use other than being an already fully starred card to use for levelling/ascension.

Cards to keep:

Epic:
Thogrin * upgrade - Garin (Lightning)
Karpoh * upgrade - Isca (Water)
Nightsteed *^ upgrade - Nuria (Fire)
Jacques (Fire)
General Dacon (Earth)

*No need to keep these if you have a better legendary.
^Nightsteed does a lot of damage and is a fantastic card, but
Nuria has more Strength, Health, Armour, Critical Chance and Critical Damage.

Legendaries:
All Legendaries.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:29 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, Daze! That's really helpful. At some point when I have some time, I might go through and clean things up and play occasionally again. Since I've added DuoLingo, I usually do a quick language lesson rather than play a game now (I'm learning Spanish and Japanese and trying to bring back my rusty French and Irish), but sometimes games are fun. I wish I could remember to log on every day.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So I'm only a few days in on trying this out, and I feel like y'all might've had it easier leveling up when you started in the earlier version. I feel like I'm pulling teeth to get anywhere.

I have (finally) managed to beat Krawk Island on all 3 difficulties, have beaten Maraqua on easy and started my way through on medium, and have started Lost Desert on easy. I have been able to successfully beat the current Claymaker's Monster 6 times (Snickering Shardpelt), but was unable to beat the previous one (water) more than 4 times - though that was a lot less training at that point.

I started with a Kacheek for my leader (currently 3* level 25). It was rough until I finally got a Karpoh, which I've now ascended to 3* level 3, and I've used the two healers to play off each other, which has worked reasonably well so far. I also have a 2* level 15 Sandro and a 3* level 1 Ruki Guard that I've been using to battle, both of which I figure will be ascension fodder at some point. The other ones I have in my inventory are ones I plan on using later to ascend various people. (I picked up a 1* level 10 and a 2* level 4 water card that I'm holding to ascend a 2* level 10 Maraquan Charger, and I have a 2* level 10 Maraquan Foot Soldier hanging out that I was using to battle some but am not currently.)

I have yet to see any Legendary cards (not a surprise). The only other Epic cards I've gotten are a Captain Bloodhook (still sitting in my inventory, as I figure I'll eventually need him to ascend my kacheek) and a Jacques. Is it worth it for me to start spending some time leveling Jacques?

I'm up to 785 gems, and I'm debating whether or not it'll be worth it to get a second hero or not. Choices, choices.

Also, yes, I've been bored in the last few days and doing a round here and there as my character recharges. It's helping keep my mind off things as real life is really rough right now, so I guess that's a good thing?

I'm hoping that by next week, when the crossover event happens, I'll be in a position where I can actually handle it. I guess we'll see?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:17 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

What's the crossover event? I haven't played this game in so long, I honestly just don't even know. I got so many cards from the claymaker stuff and didn't want to waste time learning more new cards. I just honestly felt like it was too tedious with too many cards and being unsure about what I wanted to do. (Once you have too many cards, you can't play the regular game, but if you discard a good card, you'll regret it...)

Daze had some helpful summaries of which cards to train. Train the best you have for now. You really want an Isca, though. Selectively play the levels that can give you her. (There's a guide that tells you which cards you can win where).

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The crossover challenge is the one that awards prizes on the Neopets Site (and trophy/avvie), if I understand correctly. However, it appears that it's not been awarded the last two cycles, so I'm hoping I'll be able to manage it and that it'll work. I know it's not likely, especially if they're focusing elsewhere now, but I figured I'd give it a try. If it requires me to beat the claymaker's monsters, I'm in trouble, because I can hardly manage that as is. This probably has a lot to do with the fact that I'm a little against friending random people and thus I don't have a fifth person at this point to help. Claymaker's monsters give out set things (this is possibly new?) and hardly seem to give out any cards.

I've definitely run into the card inventory problem. At least, right now, I have some idea of what I'm doing with the cards in my inventory, so that helps. I've been fairly regularly either selling or using them to level others, holding onto all EPIC cards I've gotten so far for now (not that there's many, but yeah). I'll re-read Daze's suggestions, for sure!

ETA: I should add, I've been pushing hard to level up my leader, just for the extra energy. I refuse to waste diamonds on energy potions, and the more energy I can have it recoup overnight, the better!

ETA2: I cannot for the life of me find a guide on where to find Isca. JN's doesn't include locations.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 12:00 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

It used to be that on the game itself, when you clicked on a level and difficulty, you could see which cards were possible to win on that level.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
It used to be that on the game itself, when you clicked on a level and difficulty, you could see which cards were possible to win on that level.
I guess I haven't hit a level where you can actually win Isca yet, then. I've checked every level I've unlocked. *shrugs* Must be in the later Lost Desert levels?

I've had a reasonable amount of progress, having gotten my leader to 3* level 30, and ascended Jacques to 3* and leveled him to 21. Karpoh, I've leveled to 3* level 21. I'm getting ready to ascend my leader to 4*, but I'm having trouble farming another already 2* filled rare, and I'd rather just use one of those than slog through leveling the 1* level 1 I already have. I have plenty of 2* cards right now in my inventory, just waiting to be used for ascending various other cards.

I've now beaten Maraqua on medium and am partway through hard, but level 12 of Lost Desert has me nervous, just because of the high power number it sports, which is well above what my team's is, even with the best 'random' extra I've seen pop up so far.

ETA: I cannot find Isca on any level. I've now beaten Maraqua on hard and Lost Desert on easy, but there are no 5* characters listed as Rare Loot for any level at this point. I think I'm out of luck in getting any, unless I'm able to get one through a summons token sometime. I've just about given up getting another 2* filled rare of the water type, as it seems to give me anything but. I've leveled Karpoh to 3* level 30, and ascended Jacques to 4* level 4. I guess I'll start leveling one of the rare water cards up and ascend it slowly, but it was so much easier starting with two stars already filled.

I've managed to get all the challenges done for this week's challenges, just waiting on the final one (which will be posted shortly). I've spent some jewels on expanding my card collection, so I'll have plenty to use if/when I start ascending another water card. Tally-ho.

ETA2: I've gotten my leader up to 4* level 17, and Jacques to 4* level 18. I'm working on what I need to ascend Karpoh, but I picked up a General Dacon and another Karpoh back to back this morning, so that was a nice change. I've got Dacon to 3* level 1, but he's still not as strong as my 3* level 1 Ruki Guard, so I haven't switched him out yet. Will probably do so soon, though. I've got plenty of earth cards to ascend him to 4*, so that'll probably be my next focus, once I get enough coins again. I have another 4* water card, so theoretically, once I get enough to ascend it and the other Karpoh to 4*, I'll be able to ascend my leader to 5*. Someday.

I've been routinely playing Maraqua level 5 on hard, as it seems to usually drop 6 or 7 star cards (occasionally better) or 700 coins, plus it's a 210 coin drop for playing, which is helping me earn coins fastest right now, since it's only a 3 energy level. I know some of the levels in Lost Desert give "better" cards, but a 2* level 1 sells for the same as a 1* level one as far as common cards go, so I'd rather have the level 6-7's. I've found that occasionally, I'll get 8 gems off it instead of a card or coins, which has been a nice little boost.

Tonight is "supposed" to be a crossover week start (although I'm not sure if it'll actually happen?), so I'm saving energy up to tackle the beginning of that this evening. I was able to get the current "big bad" beaten 12 times (ran out of keys and don't want to buy more), so I'm pretty proud of that, especially with only 4 characters to use for him and only have been playing for a little over a week.

ETA3: Completed all the challenges for Crossover week so far, and obtained chests for them on my Neo account. Doubt I'll be getting the trophy/avvie, etc, but it was nice to pick up a couple of the no-trade books for my bookworm. Hoping that I don't end up with an impossible challenge tomorrow, but we'll see.

I've ascended everyone to 4* now. My leader is up to level 22, Jacques is at 36, Karpoh still at 1, and Dacon is at 16. I've got two more Karpohs and two Bloodhooks in my inventory, which I'm working on ascending at least two of them (slowly) so that I can ascend my leader to 5* when she's ready. I have a few other EPIC cards floating around that I haven't dealt with, but for the most part, aside from saving low 2* cards I get to ascend the water cards so I can ascend my leader, I'm trying to max out Jacques and Dacon - so close on Jacques. I've been selling most lightning cards for the coins to help level, and that's worked out well. Once I have Jacques ascended, I'll sell the fire cards, too. Going to need a chunk of change to finish up ascending them all, though, so who knows when that'll happen.

I can confirm that if you don't claim your chest, the "leftover" "N" points don't carry over. For that matter, if you earn more than you need to claim your chest, they don't carry over. I currently need 11 to claim my next chest, due to odd quest rewards, so I'm expecting to lose at least 4, if not 9 "N" points when I claim my next. Ah, well. I particularly like the quests that give out gems, though! Stumbled on one that required making 3 words at once - that was tricky but well worth it! (And no, I didn't go for 2-letter words, though I suppose I could've. I actually lined it up so that I could make three 3-or-more-letter-long words at the same time! I was pretty thrilled about managing that!)

I managed to beat the "big bad" from last week 12 times. I've done this week's 6 times, but I'm holding off on fighting him in case I end up with a "defeat the monster X number of times" quest for tomorrow. Don't want to mess that one up! I suspect I'll be able to beat him well more than 12 times this time, so we'll see.

ETA I lost count: I was able to easily complete all of the challenges. Ended up with a couple of the books, and for the last one, one of the backgrounds. After finishing the last challenge, I took on the big bad monster as many times as I could and successfully beat him 24 times(!!), without help from friends (didn't have enough keys to spare to add a friend, anyways)! Unfortunately, I ran out of keys, so I might get to try for the Lvl 25 one, but if not, it's OK. At least I completed a tier (Gold 3) before I ran out. I don't feel like spending gems on keys, especially since I'm not sure I could make it through the next 7 battles yet. We'll see how I'm doing by the next time around. The extra keys from collecting my daily login reward helped with it this time.

I did finally crack and painted my leader a different color from the provided colors. I figured I could spare 15 gems for that. (I've been thinking about it from day 1!)

I finished leveling Jaques to max. Dacon is now at level 30, and my leader is at level 31. I'm making progress also on getting 4-star cards ready to ascend her, but I know that'll take a heap load of time, so I've figured I'm best off getting everyone maxed out first (except Karpoh, just because I'd rather ascend my leader before I bother leveling up Karpoh). I'm kinda looking forward to finally ascending her, if only because it'll get so many extra cards out of my inventory! :lol:

ETA again: I maxed out Dacon and am only two levels away from maxing out Karpoh. I was able to ascend my leader and she's now level 42. I'm working on a second Dacon, just to have another strong earth team member for the monsters. I've discovered that Jacques really stinks against the water monster, so I'm trying to farm for a Thogrin. Of course, I wasn't paying attention, so I've been farming on the wrong level, though I've been picking up a lot of gems. Debating spending them on remarkable tokens in the hopes of getting a legendary. I'm hoping to be able to beat all of gold 2 by the end of the week against the current monster, and, with the timing of the daily log in keys, I should have enough keys by the end of the week to do so, provided I can beat them on my own. I know I'm still less than a month into playing, so I'm probably trying to push for way more than is feasible at the moment, especially since I have no inclination to spend real money on this (And no real money that I can spend on it right now anyways).

ETA again: Got a Thogrin and maxed her out. Spent my gems on two more leaders,so now I have a 4* Aisha and a 4* Draik as well. Going to see if I can manage to pull off getting through all of the monster battles this time through. I'm only 1 battle away from getting Gold 2. I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull it off or not.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:00 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I wonder what is happening with Legends and Letters lately?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I know this is a double post, but I want to draw attention to this: For some reason, the Challenges of Challenges is active this week. This means there's still another chance at getting the stamp and other no-trade items.
Also, because gems aren't a thing anymore, you can go back and complete the first day of challenges without doing anything. Bam. Free Sturdy Chest! (In technicality, you could do all of them at the end of the week like this.)

I wouldn't count on getting the trophy/avatar, etc, from this week, but at least the items on Neo are coming across!

So far, I got a (3rd) The Cursed Claymaker Plushie and the strangely really cute Skellectrus Action Figure (which I didn't have already). Really hoping for the stamp this time around, but with my luck, I'll get a third Wharf Wharf Beach Background. I guess we'll see...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:58 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks for the head's up, P! Unfortunately I dropped my phone in the bath at work today (don't ask). I'm hoping the case + quick action will prevent damage, but it's incubating just to be safe for the next 24 hours, at least...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:23 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks Pickles! I have not been playing L&L for a while, but left it on my phone just in case I went back to it. Life is just crazy at the moment. The topper is the fires that are just a few miles from my house. Last night was really smoky. Fortunately, the fire seems to be moving away from the house, but it is frighteningly reminiscent of the 2008 fires where we did lose houses in our neighborhood. It was "snowing" large black ash on drive in to work this morning. Not a good sign

Hmph. As usual, L&L will not load on my phone right now.

Bummer about you phone, Siniri. I won't ask.

What double post? :P

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:27 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Oh, wow, Blue! Be safe! Those fires are terrible. We're getting our third remnants of a hurricane in two months in a couple of days. (The last one derailed the train.) Even though we'll get some flash flooding and localized flooding and 48 hours of solid rain, that's really nothing compared to what the people getting hit with their third hurricane in the same timeframe and those dealing with endless wildfires are dealing with. It really makes you realize your blessings.

Someone I follow left L.A. for a week. When she came back, she said she had gotten so used to the bad air quality, she didn't realize she couldn't breathe well anymore until she was away from it. Now that she's back in it, she's really struggling again.

I really hope the climate shifts soon and gives you guys some long steady rains.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hope your phone is working, Siniri!

Yikes on both the fires and the upcoming rain. I have a friend who just moved to the Biloxi area two months ago. They're getting ready for the storm. Looks like this one might actually get them more than the last one did. Not great for my friends (though they're reasonably inland and not in an evac area), but at least the people in Louisiana that were hit dead on twice in a row won't be getting a third one dead on...though they'll probably be seeing some of it at least. Ugh, what a mess.

Stay safe, both of you!

On topic:
Got my third Study Chest today with little effort...and ANOTHER The Cursed Claymaker Plushie. Of course.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:04 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I was finally able to get L&L to load on my phone. I apparently had too much "stuff" in it and filled up the memory. I now have 3 new sturdy chests (plus 3 in my SDB). Perhaps I will open them at some point :P

Still smoky and the evacuations in my neighborhood remain. Eerie how close the dividing line has been drawn as to who must evacuate and those who can stay. Extremely thankful that I am in the stay category. A co-worker/friend is in the mandatory evacuation zone. They left right away and are not allowed back into their house to get a change of clothes or anything else. It is a great idea to always have a "go" bag at the ready.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:57 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

My phone works! Our forecast shifted around noon from rain to "tropical storm warning." If it's actually a tropical storm here, it will be our second ever (the first was in 2017). They're expecting a lot of trees down because the ground is already so soaked. Atlanta is called "the city in the forest" because we have so many trees. A lot are pines (which are notoriously shallow-rooted). Our pine is close to a couple of other trees, so their roots are entangled. Hoping that helps... Obviously the coast is in much worse shape. Thankfully we were able to get everything in our yard inside the covered porch after work, before it really started raining.

Go-bags are a great idea. They recommend you keep one in the trunk of your car in addition to having one packed and ready to grab at your house. My emergency food supply was taken out of the plastic tubs when we had the rat problem. I should really repack at least one.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next