Received Pirate Viola.
Discovery of Meridell Day

Day 4 Species Specific Wearable
Received Acnefruit Scone
Combatant Elephante

Day 5 Best New Petpet Colour
Received Mazzew Yoyo
Princess Terrana Kookith

Best New Petpet Colour was a hard choice for me. I really like the King Roo Baby Blu as well.

Re: 2019 Neopies

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:59 pm

Pirate Viola

Petpet colors have gotten strange, haven't they? I had no idea! I went with the handsome horus because I'm still opposed to clothes for pets, much less petpets!

Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:47 pm

The Kookith is cute.

Delfin

Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:53 pm

I like the King Roo Baby Blu. It's cute.

Turtmid

Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:14 am

My picks:

Day 1 Best New Neopet Colour
Received a Wormy Slushie.
Steampunk - WINNER

Day 2 Best Site Event
Received Tartan Snowball.
The Wraith Resurgence - WINNER

Day 3 Best News Day
Received Pirate Viola.
Discovery of Meridell Day - (Tied on 33% but Eliv Thade Takeover got the win)

Received Acnefruit Scone
Combatant Elephante

Received Mazzew Yoyo
Princess Terrana Kookith

Day 6 Best New Avatar
Meerca Sushi
Brain Tree Quest

Today's category was a hard choice. How do you decide (the event?, the look of it?, how it is awarded? or something else?).
I went for the combination of the look of it and how it is awarded. It took me a little while to get it, but it wasn't overly hard.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:24 pm

I would have voted for the King Roo baby blu if I didn't oppose clothes on principle. It is really cute!

Interesting Dungeons
Voted based on looks and the fact that people have wanted the avatars for a long time... so the AC team ones.

So far I'm also for 2/3 winners.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:28 pm

Not thrilled with any of the new avatars. I'll lemming onto the AC :)

Twirly Fruit Candy Cane

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:44 am

Black Osiris Vase today.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:17 pm

My picks:

Day 1 Best New Neopet Colour
Received a Wormy Slushie.
Steampunk - WINNER

Day 2 Best Site Event
Received Tartan Snowball.
The Wraith Resurgence - WINNER

Day 3 Best News Day
Received Pirate Viola.
Discovery of Meridell Day - (Tied on 33% but Eliv Thade Takeover got the win)

Received Acnefruit Scone
Combatant Elephante (Only got 18%. Heroic Blumaroo won)

Received Mazzew Yoyo
Princess Terrana Kookith

Day 6 Best New Avatar
Meerca Sushi
Brain Tree Quest

Day 7 Best Site Theme
This is glitchy at the moment and wont keep the vote.
Received Velvet Black Lipstick
Tis the Season

This is the first category that I don't really want to pick. TNT have messed with the coding which messes with the Userlookup coding.
None of these new themes are actually themed - none have coloured text and some of the characters are very random.

Tis the Season is a great idea, but if we get more animated ones, they need to be tweaked a little more.
The other 3 are just carbon copies of each other. No new font colours and the ridiculous yellow underlay.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:53 pm

I really did not care much for the Tis the Season for two reasons - 1. The sound was annoying, and 2. the snowflakes tended to get in my way. Also the cursor for clicking on buttons looked like the "I" cursor for text as opposed to an actual pointer. So, three reasons :P

The other three were meh. I voted Brightvale because I always vote for Brightvale ;)

So far, I am 50/50 for picking the winners. Based on the latest three categories, I would not at all be surprised if I will be 2/7 so far.

Razumi

Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:38 pm

Hegelob Peanut Cookies

I'm actually 3/4 for picking winners.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:25 pm

Weevil Coffee

I'm also 3/4. I went with the Christmas theme because at least they tried. It's not my cuppa, but it was new and different.

(My signature for the other Neopets-related forum I'm on is "It's all unfair, and I don't care." Maybe I should amend that to "It's all meh, and meh." :lol: In general, I feel like that's what we get. Events that are mediocre, but hey... we're getting events! AC fixes that kind of work, but are also annoying... Same old, same old... but always the promise of something exciting on the horizon that keeps us suckers coming back...)

Edit: Best NC Feature. I have never participated in any NC feature ever. I would love to abstain, but I don't want to not get credit for voting in all categories in case there's some kind of bonus for that, so I voted based on the picture for the Haunted Mansion.

Sculpting with Molten Rock

I wish there were a "none of the above" catch-all for each category.

Oh, also King Roo Baby Blu won, so I'm now 3/5. Honestly, though, if I had voted on which I liked the best without including my weird hang-up with clothes on petpets, I would have voted for it hands down, so I'm not at all surprised.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:19 pm

I like the idea of "none of the above". Definitely like that idea! I do not participate in NC events, either.

If I break down this category...
1. I did not care for Kaia. She's out
2. The dude in Desert Jewel looks weird and is quite disturbing to me somehow. That's out.
3. Legends of Altador seems sort of, ho hum. Also out.
4. The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland is awesome. One of my top 3 favorites*. Winner of my vote :)

Currently at 2/5 winners.

Carved Cantaloupe

*Pirates is still first

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:39 am

I like your method of reasoning, Blue. The Haunted Mansion at WDW is also pretty awesome! (Though they are NOT quite identical. We don't have the Hatbox Ghost here...and they also do not retheme it for Nightmare Before Christmas during the Christmas season here, which is AMAZING and I still feel fortunate that we got to see on our visit back in 2017!).

Maractite Pauldrons today

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:36 pm

I've never been to WDL or WDW (though thanks to P, I've been to Epcot!)

4/6 on the winners now.

Voted for the rattle today because it cracked me up and the others were meh. (I might have voted for the non-breaded breadfish on non-fished bread sandwich if it had actually had a clever name.)

Eventide Uni Plushie
Topic locked