Best NC Wearable White Rose Arch Luxe Bedroom Rainy Spring Day Background Pretty in Pink Wig
Best New Character Lyra Aurrick Reizo Xendrik
Best Caption Image 1410 - A Magical Evening 1406 - Let the Festivities Begin! 1415 - A Beauty or a Beast? 1407 - Bubble, Bubble...
Best Advent Animation Day 28 Day 16 Day 7 Day 2
Let us Never Speak of This Again Release of 11 Stamp Collector Avatars New Feechers Nonexistant NC Items The 'Plods'
Best Premium Collectible Item Mystically Guided Path Background Enchanted Pumpkin Patch Background Doorway to the Ocean Background Dreamy Garden Patio Background
Best Neopoint Background Grey Winter Evening Background Tree of Petals Background Home of the Vandagyres Background The Long Road Home Background
Best NP Wearable Swanky Denim Jacket Sparkler Dress Spoils of Victory Trudy's Head Wreath
FAQ's (in spoiler)
1. What are the Neopies? The Neopies are Neopia’s annual salute to the numerous highlights (and occasional lowlights) that made the previous year so remarkable. Hosted by a charming Elephante named Ellsworth, the Neopies are a grand gala, whose prominence on the Neopian social calendar is rivalled only by the magnificence of the Chocolate Ball. Once the nominees are announced, attendees earn prizes for placing their votes, which then decide the winner of each category.
2. When do the Neopies start and when do they end? Voting begins on January 15th NST. The winner of the final category is announced on February 7th, 2019.
3. How are the Neopies finalists chosen? As the end of the year approaches, our team of Neopian experts gathers to decide on the categories and select nominees. After a few weeks of debating and voting (with a little arguing thrown in for good measure), the list of finalists is complete!
4. How do I submit my vote? Click the button below the finalist you would like to vote for. Once you have made your selection (or selections, depending on how many categories you have available for voting that day), click the Submit My Vote button. At that point, you’ll need to confirm your vote(s). Once confirmed, your choice(s) will be submitted.
5. How many times can I vote per day? You can vote once per day for each category that’s currently available. When voting, you’ll be able to place a vote for a new category (if there’s one available that day), as well as any additional previously-announced categories that you may not have voted for below. You’ll find these categories located in the “Today’s Ballot” box.
6. How long do I have to vote on each category? Each category will be available to vote on for three days. If you vote on a category the first day that it’s up, you’ll see a gold highlight around your choice. If your vote is not cast until either the 2nd or 3rd day, then your selection will have a green highlight around it.
7. How many categories are there to vote on? This year’s Neopies contain a total of 22 categories. A new category will be added each day during the event until all that remains is to vote on the last two categories. Since categories remain posted for a period of up to three days, you can have as many as three categories to vote on at one time.
8. Do I have to vote for all of the categories that are up on a certain day? No. However, if you want to receive the bonus prize at the end of the event -- and we know that you do -- you’ll need to cast a vote for every category on the day (or, in the case of the first category, day-and-a-half) that it’s posted.
9. Do I get a prize for voting? Yes! You’ll receive a prize for every category that you vote for.
10. If I happen to miss a day of voting, so that I have two categories to vote on the following day, can I vote for one of those categories and then come back later in the day and vote for the other? Yes, you can come back at any time during that day (NST) and vote on the remaining category (or, for those who miss two days, categories). If you miss three days, however, you’ll only be able to vote for that day’s category and those from the previous two days, since the three-day window for the category from three days ago will have expired.
11. If I change my mind after I have voted in a particular category for that day, can I change my vote? Once you have submitted your vote(s), you cannot go back and change it / them. If you make a selection and then change your mind, you can alter your choice before submitting it. Once a vote has been submitted, however, it is permanently and utterly irreversibly locked in.
Voted for the first day, whew! You get a prize for each vote, but there is also a prize for voting for all days on the day they're released. First day is a day and a half.
Thanks For Voting! It's like you just shared your opinion with all of Neopia! Oh, wait. You did. Nice. Purple Invisihat Ellsworth shows you this small memento of your efforts before tossing it in your inventory. Efficient fellow.
Last edited by Pickles on Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 24 times in total.
I voted for the current "plot" because I was disappointed by TWR and didn't want them to think that this one should be similar. Meh. I guess I was voting more for possibility than reality.
I think I got a Grarrl Commentator Plushie (based on my inventory), unless I could have gotten that from Expellibox or the Shrine, in which case I got Earth Faerie Notepad. The plushie is an R101 item related to the Altador Cup.
I was too lazy to actually go look up all four news days in the archive, so I voted based on the description (only one of which indicated they'd done anything special with the news that day). That's the one I voted for.
I went with the Blumaroo outfit because it was the most androgynous. The combatant elephante was a close second, but I wasn't too sure about the feathers + wig + armour combo. The desert princess looked pretty and well put-together, but that Gnorbu outfit was... interesting. Where I live, if someone was walking around in a get-up like that, people would be saying "Bless her heart."