Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: NeoCreations
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:40 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

FACEBOOK PAGE:
August 8th
Quote:
Hey Neopians! We understand that not everyone was able to check us out at Comic Con this year so we will be giving our winners an exclusive Comic Con Code for in-game prizes.

Next Monday, a week-long contest, NeoCreation Week, will begin here on our social media!!

Each day at 10 AM PST we’ll announce the contest of the day, with entries closing at 11:59 PM PST.

Check back here next Monday morning for further details!

10th (Today)
Quote:
NeoCreation Week is coming up quick! This is your chance to get an exclusive Comic Con code if you weren’t able to check us out at our Comic Con booth this year. You’ll have the whole week to show us your #NeoCreations, so mark your calendars and report back here Monday at 10 AM PST for the contest of the day! Remember, entries close at 11:59 PM PST. Curious? It may have to do with something gold and shiny…

~~~~~

A new one for 2019:

Attention! NeoCreation will be returning for another year starting September 9th!

You'll have the chance to compete against your fellow Neopians on Twitter, using your overflowing amount of creativity to complete our daily prompts.

Ready for this? Then stay tuned- more details will be coming soon!

Last edited by Daze on Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: NeoCreations
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:48 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

First contest is up! Create your own Neopian trophy.

Edit: I entered, but I didn't spend a ton of time on it. Doubtful I'll win. I'm just not that motivated. Maybe there will be a fun one more up my alley later in the week (when I have more time to work on it).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:01 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Oh boy! That was close. I totally forget all about it. I only had 2 hours to think of something. Mine is rushed and not likely to win but I wanted to put something up.

With about 45 minutes to go, I couldn't work out how to post it. LOL. I though there was a 'post' button, but I realised I had to add image with the hash tags.

Talk about stressful.

TNT didn't say anything about entering username, so I left mine off. I assume if we win the code just comes to our social media name.

Good luck to all entering.

_________

EDIT:
Quote:
Contest update! So many fantastic submissions were received from day one of NeoCreation week, so now ALL winners will be announced Friday 10:00 AM PST. Keep the #NeoCreations coming! There may even be a special reward for those who participate in every contest throughout week!

EDIT 2:
Quote:
What will your Land for Neopia look like? Give it a name & list 3 things users can do in your land. Will there be games, shops, or random activities? Be sure to use the hashtags #NeoCreationWeek & #MyNeoLand, & submit before tonight 11:59 PM PST!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah....I'm totally not good at drawing even remotely...and I definitely don't have the time for it, plus I wouldn't tag stuff on a real social media account anyways. So...I'm skipping out on this. Good luck to those who do participate!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:41 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Just uploaded my Neoland. I just used clipart in Paint and adjusted to what I needed.

I use FB but didn't put my username. Winners should be notified to the account, so no need for usernames to be advertised (at least I don't think there is).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:52 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I used a Twitter account I created just for entering contests on Twitter, lol. And I figured the same re: usernames (being sent via PM if we win).
Submissions in spoiler tag so this post doesn't get too long... (and because my art is terrible, especially Day 3's, which I had to freehand-draw with my mouse with my non-dominant hand):
Day 1: Here's my trophy:
@Neopets #NeoCreationWeek #MyNeoTrophy Get off my lawn Neoboards Trophy (awarded to the biggest complainer on the Neoboards each month). This is one trophy you may not want to add to your cabinet. (adapted from angry male elderlygirl Grundo and Snow Wars 3rd place trophy images)

Day 2: Here's my Neopian land:
@Neopets #NeoCreationWeek #MyNeoLand Welcome to Meepia! Need something to get the Broken avatar? Does it feel like Neopia is spinning too fast? Run out of ideas for all your NP? Want to alleviate your anxiety by some wee thing glitching? Dive into the Meepsterious Vortex of Doom!

I started with the base image of a Meepit and then selected various segments by color and filled them in with patterns in GIMP. Actually accidentally spent way longer on it than I meant to, but it was fun.

Day 3: Here's my new Neopet:
@Neopets #NeoCreationWeek #MyNeopet The Pucagiorria is rumored to bring good luck to those kind to it. It prefers to live in grassy hills, where its preferred food of clover grows. It's rumored that you can find a Pucagiorria at the end of the rainbow if you're quick enough.

Day 4: My Neofood (a.k.a. I had no time, so I put up the last food picture I'd taken and made up some BS tying it to Neopia):
@neopets #NeoCreationWeek #MyNeoFood Introducing a food so delicious it's guaranteed to make even King Skarl a little less grumpy: the Discovery of Meridell Potato Pasty! Nothing spells medieval like a potato - or a pasty! And yet never before in Neopia have the two been united.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:55 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Great work Siniri. Once the comp is over, I will post my entries. (To keep some privacy on my real-life FB account).

I really enjoyed this crazy quick creative competition. It would be great to have these quick ones on Neo, instead of the slow plod of a week or month between site competitions.

~~~~

Edit: Winner are being notified. I won the NeoLand competition!!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:19 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Congrats, Daze!

Awesome efforts to all. These were great!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:49 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Congrats, Daze! I can't wait to see your entries.

I don't really expect to have won anything, but when I checked to see if I had DMs activated, I had them restricted to those I follow (and I don't follow Neopets). Oops. Then again, I thought there was going to be one more contest today.

Edit: Actually, apparently I can see message requests. I have none. Guess I didn't win anything. Oh, well. I was more in it for the consolation prize. I wish they'd changed things up a bit, not made every single one artistic talent-dependent. *shrugs*

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:15 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Thanks Siniri and Blue. Aww, sorry to hear you didn't make it this time Siniri. I really hope they do something like this again.

TNT picked 4 winners in each category from each of the FB, Twitter and Instagram entries.

For better or worse, here are my entries:

Trophy

Land

Neopet

Food

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:55 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Daze, Those are awesome entries! Congrats again on the win!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:51 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Very cool entries, Daze! Some of the Twitter winners had crazy good artwork. I definitely picked the wrong platform to compete in, lol! (I mean, the FB ones did, too, like Daze's, but there was a bigger range of quality across the days there.)

I hope if they do this again, they vary the competition a bit more, maybe include some non-art ones, like creative writing or recording a message.

I didn't see the food winners yet...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:04 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Thank you both! :)

I just received my comic con code and got my avi. Still waiting on the prize for entering all 4 days.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:08 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Attention! NeoCreation will be returning for another year starting September 9th!

You'll have the chance to compete against your fellow Neopians on Twitter, using your overflowing amount of creativity to complete our daily prompts.

Ready for this? Then stay tuned- more details will be coming soon!

Quote:
There will be completely different prompts this year, so we don't think you would be able to resubmit old ideas.

Quote:
this year it will only be on Twitter. We were experiencing some trouble having the contest on all 3 of our platforms. To make things more simple and keep entries in one place we decided to keep it on Twitter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:02 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Great. I suspect I'll miss several contests depending on how much time TNT allows. Oh, well, these usually aren't my kind of thing. Unless they have a competition based solely on punning ability (no artistry required).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next