For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Re: Battleground of the Obelisk [Split 8]

Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:48 pm

I have no idea what day it is... Apparently it is Thursday today and I completely missed the signups again.

Good luck to all!

Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:20 pm

Remembered to battle (barely) yesterday, and remembered to check today before collecting interest. Took the bank boon, and am happily enjoying the extra interest!

Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:40 pm

YAY Bandwagon!!

Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:25 am

That bank interest boon was great. A friend needs Thieves, and stock boon is still technically better for me than bank. Anyone else game?

Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:29 am

Stocks isn't better than bank for me, but I'll take it. I like buying stocks at the lower price! Also, I'll always go for Thieves!

Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:25 am

Thieves? Hmm. I dunno.

LOL. Of course I'm in for Thieves!!

*scoots off to sign up*

Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:49 pm

Almost forgot to battle. This weekend has been crazy. But I got mine in!

ETA: Thieves won. Went with stock boon. Thankfully remembered before I bought stocks!

Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:52 pm

The Oracle wrote:It is not enough to be king in one's dreams. One must seek to be king while awake. Your time is coming, whether you are prepared or not.

Whups. Completely forgot to battle. Congrats, Bandwagon!

Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:10 am

Whoops! I managed to get the stock boon, though I missed one day.

How about Sway for some easy bank bribery? Or stocks for me, since that's still worth a smidge more?

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:46 am

Sway away!

I just signed up because I'll likely forget to do so tomorrow.

Bandwagon, Ho!

Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:44 pm

Alright, signing up, too, then, or I'm liable to forget to!

Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:21 pm

Sway sounds awesome. I wouldn't mind the bank boon for a week again! (Especially since I just spent a ton on the last Ghoul Catcher amulet since my game glitched and I was getting prizes two levels behind...not that I'll ever get past 109 anyways, but yeah.)

Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:11 pm

12 battles against the twins today! (I was maxed out for prizes - I'll get more over the weekend.)

Pickles, I've beaten all the levels on GC. They give out the boosts now when you watch ads after playing levels, and I stacked up a bunch of the 5-extra play ones and strategically used others to pass that horrendous level. It stinks that your prizes got reset! Did you submit a ticket?

Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:11 am

12 against the twins for me as well... well, a day later anyway.

I cannot recall how far I got on GC, but I reinstalled it on the 'last day' that I could get it it from the Play store. Apparently, I need to start over :(

Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:24 pm

Got my battling in. Almost forgot about it.

Re: GC - I wish I'd been able to start over - there's a few things I would've done differently. But, alas, I'm stuck at 109 and I"m definitely not paying real money (because, unlike L&L, they did not make the previously real money bonuses free) to potentially move on if there's no chance of every getting the last set of prizes anyways. The ads never worked for me - they literally don't load - I keep getting "video failed to load, try again later". And my prizes weren't reset - I just got , for instance, the level 10 prizes after level 12 instead, etc. So I could beat all the levels, but it would take 2 more levels for it to give the prizes to me. I submitted a ticket, but probably too late for anything to be fixed. In the end, I'm OK with having to buy the last amulet and pay the "should've bought it sooner" tax. I was able to find a reasonable seller who had a specific goal in mind with their price point, and that made me happy. Could've paid less if I'd kept looking, but at least I helped someone else achieve a neogoal! :)
Topic locked