Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Games Master Challenge Fire Vs Snow
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:07 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I finally beat the Itchy Invasion score and finished Day 3 on time (beat midnight by a few minutes!). However, I'm still challenged by Day 2. I just played 3 games from Tyrannia, but all three failed to submit scores :x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:28 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

900 in Edna's Shadow? My high score is only 623. Time to find a good guide.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Uuugh Edna's Shadow was not so fun. I used this guide, watched each level, then played it. It still took me at least 4 tries. I'm just not very good at the fast thing. I found it useful, though, to kill all the enemies first, then go after the items as quickly as I could so I had some time to get them lined up to meet at the pot. Still, what a mess.

My Nova Defender first score was WELL over the required score, but didn't register as having beaten it. I might have opened the game window before clicking the start timer...because after I reopened the game window, it took my first score. Just a heads up!

Also, 8 puzzle games...that took a while, but both the GOTD's are puzzle games today, so at least I got double NPs...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:41 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Live-blogging my Edna Shadow attempt...

Thanks for that guide, Pickles! I beat level 5 for the first time ever with 1 second to go. I watched level 6 several times before learning the trick at the end and beat it with more than 10 seconds to go... The guide had 906 at the end of level 6, but I knew that wasn't likely for me since I started only at 603 or so. Sure enough, I'm only at 738 starting level 7. That means I need two more levels? Eek!

I went and hit all those stupid blocks that didn't give any points thinking they were necessary, overshot the cauldron at the end, panicked, and ran out of time with an 888 on level 7. Still not bad for the first time. Let's try again...

And I screwed up in Level 5 because they weren't quite aligned.

And the same thing again. Seriously? How exact do you want me to be, JS?! They look freaking identical! Arggghghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

And... finally beat that obnoxious level. 620 going into 6. Nice... Beat level 6 with 754... Let's do this! And I beat level 7 with a 911, woohoo! Let's hope the score sends... Kept playing until I missed an egg on level 9 and ran out of time. Final score: 1226. Woot! Not too terrible.

Edit: I guess I should read my own challenge. I forgot P was the odd man out and played Maths Nightmare. At least it's a qualifying game and a quick 2k. On to the action games! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:36 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Congrats Siniri. :)

I have not managed that score yet, so there goes the top trophy for me. I just hope I manage so how to get that score before the end of the games.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:42 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

That's too bad, Daze! I hope you can get it soon.

Today's games weren't too bad. Remember in Attack of the Gummy Dice that at the end of each level, it subtracts score based on how many dice are left, so you'll have a shorter (though still long, tedious) game if you keep an eye on it and quit the game as soon as you're over 900, rather than waiting until you're there at the end of a level.

The only tricky game was Wicked Wocky Wobble, because the old trick of using the side walls didn't seem to work on my computer today. Very odd. So I just had to get used to balancing it without the walls, and wait for a game with a few decent items (I think my final stack had about 8 or 9 items on it). Try to avoid the twirly fruits (green) and the corn-looking things at the beginning (worth only 11 points, so avoid them throughout if you can); start with a book or a shell (22 points each). If you get one of the snowboards, it's worth something like 100 (I got one early on, but then my game ended because of the side wall issue). The most important rule for that game is NEVER rush to an item (unless it's your first or second); let the items come to you, no matter how much they're worth. Slow and steady.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Just finished today's. Aside from the time it takes for AOTGD, it wasn't too bad.

Quick Tips:
AOTGD: Watch your score and collect as soon as you're over the needed score. Finishing a level can reduce your score!
WWW: Do not grab anything but a yellow shell or book for your first two items. Then only grab a plushie. After that, try to avoid the lower point value items.
BB: There's not really much I can say on this one other than to get into a pattern. Keep in mind that while you're cleaning the table, you can be moving someone else to the table.
Snot Splatter: First level- get several near the center at just about to pop or right below that. If you can clear the first level in one shot, you'll get a double drop - this'll make the rest of the game getting ot the score needed no problem. After the first level, get all of the ones that are 3 away from splatting to 2 away from splatting, then use the double drop on anything that needs only 1 or 2. Do the same for level 3. For Levels 4 and 5, it's the same, BUT, put one drop on each of the teensy ones first before adding to the others.

Happy gaming! :)

ETA: Apparently my post didn't go through earlier....so here it was.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:31 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Nice easy day today. For the first challenge I just went to the games room and opened up the Worlds Tab and clicked on the different worlds.

If the game is on the list you will see the challenge icon next to the game. This saves having to keep checking the game list all the time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:33 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ugh. Spellseeker is malfunctioning for me. It keeps acting like I'm double-clicking when I'm absolutely not. There's no way I can get to 50,000 before the game ends if it keeps malfunctioning like this. I changed my double-click setting to the fastest setting possible, but it had absolutely no effect. :( I never had this problem with the game before. :( *kicks JS and all the stupid glitches*

Edit: Oh, wait, the score's only 50k, not 500k. Phew. Maybe I can do this anyway. Still totally annoying. It should have been a 2-minute challenge, now it's going to take forever...

Monday Edit: Finished. Your previously played games count towards the 50-game requirement (I got it after finishing the first of my other challenges today, because I already had 50 games). Today's weren't too terrible, though my mouse was doing the same extra-click thing on Evil Fuzzles (making me not be able to get good bonuses). The timer for Volcano Run is 12 hours, so make sure you start it before you start playing! I forgot, and so I had to play twice (or actually 3 times, because my middle game was really weird and kept giving me fireballs too close together).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:40 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

After being a couple of days behind, I got mostly caught up last night and a good jump on today's around midnight NST. I now only need Volcano Run II and an unknown number of game submissions. I might actually finish this year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:23 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The only game I really had to persevere with today was Volcano Run. But after an hour or so, I just managed the score.

I also persevered with Edna's Shadow and made the score!! I wish I had tried harder on the day of release, but I am really happy to get all my games done.

I was the same as you Siniri. I already had over 50 games played, so just by playing one today give the prize.

Good luck Blue, you can do it!!

Pickles I know you are there somewhere tapping away at the games, good luck to you too! :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:07 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the encouragement, Daze :hug:

I managed to get all items complete with time to spare :) Sure, there are eight green check marks, but I do indeed have all items checked! Yahoo!

I am very glad I didn't stress about getting everything done on day-of once I missed one on day 2. It made for a much more relaxing Thanksgiving weekend.

Good luck to all who are still finishing up!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

After a long morning dealing with house stuff, we finally got home and I finished them off while Mr. P has been entertaining the kids by letting them decorate their small tree (and consequentially, the only tree we're putting up this year). All golds, whew. Glad it's done. Dealing with any events while family is around/holidays/other stuff that has to get done and takes up lots of time = tricky.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:12 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yay, so glad everyone finished it!

I think I've managed to get the highest trophy in every single GMC since the first one -- except for 2013, where they had two teams and gave the "losing" "team" silver instead of gold, even if they got all gold checks. Hopefully they won't do the same thing again. It's not like it's ever budged from 50% to 50%. Maybe I should play more games to make sure fire wins?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:03 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Congrats, Siniri.

This is the best I've done in a few years.

2006 - No trophies?
2007 - Level 8 Games Master
2008 - Level 8 Games Master
2009 - Level 7 Games Master
2010 - Level 8 Games Master
2011 - Level 5 Games Master
2012 - Level 3 Games Master
2103 - Level 5 Games Master
2014 - Level 5 Games Master

Wow. Since 2006...

ETA - It looks like the top prize for the last 4 years was level 5...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next