Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: School Tools Charity Drive (Charity Corner V 2.0)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Granny Hopbobbin and the Charity Corner are back with a new School Tools Charity Drive! Donate school supplies, books and clothing to young Neopians in need this year! Your generosity will be rewarded with different prizes, trophies, and more! You don't want to miss out on the feeling of giving back this season. Head to the Charity Corner to start donating!

General Information:
This year, it's clothes, books, and school items. There is no "top donations" list or daily quests (due to feed back from last year, apparently). There will be some sort of trophy, plus prizes and possibly an avatar?

JN's Guide

Quote:
Hi Country Queen! I noticed a couple differences with the new Charity Corner. There is not a "Most Generous Neopians" list that shows who donated the most. Are you keeping track of top donations this year or decided against it? Last years event also had an "Adopt a Neopian" section, which awarded an avatar at the end. Are you planning on having this at some point in the event or no? Thanks! ~ m0rbid_kitt3n
Hello! We're always trying to improve the site and the user experience, and a big way we do that is through user feedback! So after looking through feedback on last year's event, we knew there were some changes we wanted to make. The Most Generous Neopians list made things really competitive, and this is charity folks! Plus it's definitely hard to give a prize worthy of that, so instead, we eliminated the list (although we are tracking how much you donate) and changed the prizing! At the end of this year's event, you'll get either a participation medal, a bronze, silver or gold trophy, and maybe a few other exclusive goodies depending on how much you donate. :) We heard the Adopt a Neopian section also stirred up some trouble, so instead you'll earn a brand new avatar for the School Tools, but that's all I'll say! Good luck!

Someone posted a PSA about this on one of the neoboards, but: In the AC X Prize Shop, there's Kau Sorceress Sandals for 70 points and are a R92 clothing.

Once again, Koi Warrior is a good shot at battledome drop prizes as there are 2 R90+ books it can drop. There may be some other challengers that are better, I just don't know.

-----------------
I was surprised no one had started a board yet, so figured I'd start one.

I'm up to 151 donations. I spent about 500k yesterday about an hour after the announcement was made buying up R90+ clothing items at less than 4k each (until I got SSW banned the second time, and we had other things to do for the night) and donated most of those today. Not including things in my shop, I picked up 9 unbuyables, which are worth over 6.5 mil together (not including the 2 that have no prices in any recent history, apparently). Wish I'd had Siniri's luck last year, and gotten one of the super special stamps! But...no such luck. I've still got to go through my SDB again and decide what else to donate (or sell).

...man, I wish they'd do a Thanksgiving food drive or something! I've got SO much excess food, it's ridiculous!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post subject: Re: School Tools Charity Drive (Charity Corner V 2.0)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:43 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Oops, haven't had time to check any neo sites lately. Not even PPT... wonder if I missed out by missing the beginning. Probably. Oh, well, it's just pixels.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:39 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Sold most of my Kau Sorceress Sandals, but used about 20. I got two unbuyables worth at least a couple of mill each, but are hard to sell. I am in no hurry to sell, so have put my own price to them.

I have been donating a few times every day, but mainly selling off books that I am sniping.

Although, I have now come across probably the cheapest way (once you have no SDB left) to make a lot of donations - in case trophies and/or avatar requirements.

Goto the General Store and buy The Big Blue Blumaroo Book (rarity 30) for 83 nps. It can be sold (at the momet) for 250 nps.

If my maths is correct, for every 15 books, donate 10, and sell 5 @ 250nps.
(Buy 15 books for 1245 nps, sell 5 for 1250 nps).

This will only work while the mad rush for books is ongoing.

Even without the profit, 83 nps per book is the cheapest you will get. It is only rarity 30, so prizes are smaller, but I have received a few items worth a few thousand nps, which is a very good profit on 415 np donation (5 books).

Two final notes:

You do not have a 50 item limit when buying from the General Store.
There is no quick way to buy from the store, so opening multiple tabs makes the process a little quicker.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

That's a great tip, Daze! I was trying to figure out how to get more donations in without breaking the bank, as I've pretty much exhausted my SDB at this point. I did actually go through all 191 books I had, and made sure my main pet had read them first, though (which, surprisingly enough, more than half of them, she had, but she got a lot smarter from the effort!)

I'm still debating if I'm going to use my prize points on Kau Sandals or not - if I do, it'll be to "gamble" on getting better items rather than sell.

Other things that can net you R90+ donation items (from dailies):
Coltzan's Shrine (Buried Scroll, Deserted Desert Scroll)
Grave Danger (Zombie Handbook, Tablet of the Zombie, Carrot Sculpture, Neovian Darkfall)
Wise Old King (Brightvale Castle, Brightvale Maps, Cartography For Beginners, Keeping The Peace, King Hagan + others, I think)

I hope the avatar isn't for donating every day - I think I missed donating anything on Sunday, but I could be wrong.

ETA: People started getting the avatar. So far, it seems random. People are getting it who have donated every day so far, but plenty of people that have donated every day so far haven't gotten it. Some people are getting it at really low numbers of donations - others are well over 1,000 donations and still haven't gotten it.

If it is random? Seriously, TNT? Doing a random avatar for a short-period event? You're going to have a LOT of people hacked off with you if that's the case...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:19 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'Fall Charity Corner' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Donation #370.

I starting donating on the first day and have been donating every day, and only just got it now with the last 4 lots of books.

The screen didn't scroll up when the avatar popped up, so I would have missed it if I didn't check.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

You are now eligible to use 'Fall Charity Corner' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Whew! Got mine on Donation 552, my first for today. I wonder what the actual requirements were? I'm sure I've donated every day but the possibility of maybe nothing on Sunday, but who knows?

Once you get it, it stays at the top of the screen until you refresh, looks like. :)

ETA:
NT Editorial 701 wrote:
Hi! *eats charity corner donation* So many of us are getting sleepless nights because we just can't figure out how to get the Charity Corner avatar. Can you give us any clue at all?! Even a hint, would be appreciated. As much as it's fun being detectives on the avatar chat, trying to figure out what the conditions of getting the avatar are, it's too stressful for some of us *rips out hair* Have a good day :) ~ m0nster_rancher
Hi there *takes slow step backward* Since you asked so crazed nicely, I will give you one small hint to debunk some theories I've seen floating around... It is NOT random. We wouldn't do that to y'all for a two week event, come on now! It has been active the whole time, it wasn't seen until the past couple days because no one was eligible until then. That's all you're getting out of me though, good luck!
Haha, well, at least that shows they're not crazy. ;)

ETA2: So, I've been reading any books that I get from this to my main pet (and selling them if she's read them), but this one really cracked me up. I'm not sure how I've missed it before, but:

Book title: That Is Like Such A Boring Book
Description: Well, read it anyway!
:lol:

ETA3: Apparently once you get the avatar, the notification stays on the page, even if you refresh...so...you'll definitely know if you get it.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:47 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm at over 900 donations. I've just about cleaned out my SDB (except I left one of each book in there, because I didn't want to figure out what Siofra had already read).

Still no avatar. Seriously, JS? It's been over a year, you should really learn how to run an event already.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ugh, Siniri, that stinks! How long have you been donating? I would've thought you should've gotten it by now.

I'm currently at 1111 donations, and likely will not be donating any more. I hope it's enough for the gold trophy. If not...well, I don't have *that* much time.

I beefed up my neodeck collection starting about halfway through (and stamps, for the like, 2? new ones I picked up), dumped all the grooming items in my SDB, read any new books I could to my main pet, and have been selling just about everything else. Overall, I probably evened out on the NP I spent on Blumaroo books. I probably could've made a ton more by selling all the clothing items I sniped the first day, but the gambling part of it was kinda fun. I've got 10 items on the trading post right now, and am basically refusing to sell them for ridiculous prices. (The one I have sold covered and then some the NP I spent buying all the other items, so I can afford to take my time on the others).

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:36 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Apparently, you need to donate a total of 7 days (consecutive not required) to get the avatar. I started far too late to get it - only 5 days :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:09 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Bah, thanks, Blue. Pretty stupid.

I stayed up until 3am to make 974 donations. Probably 26 away from the cut-off for something or other. Oh, well, it's just pixels.

And now I have a whole SDB full of books to read to Siofra, next time Seekers win. I got rid of pretty much everything that she'd already read (and wasn't retired/special).

I got an R99 stamp in my first few donations. Guess I should have stopped there.

Ah, well, I've been sick, so it was a good distraction, and my sleep schedule is a bit messed up right now, so it wasn't hard to stay up so late. I should really go through my stamps and put them in my album/gallery/trades.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:21 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah. Just pixels indeed.

JS wrote:
There you are! The Charity Corner is closed for this year, but you can still redeem your Donation Receipts as a reward for all your generosity this season! Please choose your rewards below.

You have 0 donation receipts

Bah.

I hope you feel better soon, Siniri.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:54 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I managed 1100 donations.

Neomails have gone out for rewards.

Quote:
How Charitable!

Your participation in the Charity Corner event this season did not go unnoticed. Granny Hopbobbin was so impressed by your generosity that she has sent you a silver trophy for your user lookup, as well as 5,000 Neopoints, 200 NC and two exclusive items! Doesn't it feel good to give back?

Got silver trophy and 2 prizes *cough*, I lightly call them prizes. Wait to you see the images. LOL.
Illusens Floral Notebook
Dress Up Sloth Doll

This message is for NC Participants, so they can still redeem their backpacks.
Quote:
There you are! The Charity Corner is closed for this year, but you can still redeem your Donation Receipts as a reward for all your generosity this season! Please choose your rewards below.

You have 0 donation receipts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Also got the silver. So far the lowest reported with gold is over 2k donations. That's well over 100 donations a day, sheesh. I guess some people have that much time, but...not me.

The third prize for gold is a Mauve Magic Background, and they got 250NC instead of 200NC, apparently. Someone claims to have been offered 10mil for their background.

I think the avatar also had some sort of consecutive day or 24-hour time period requirement or something (based on looking at the neoboards), in addition to a total number of days donated, or a lot of people would have gotten it sooner than they did.

Hope you feel better soon, Siniri! And congrats on the R99 stamp! The best stamp I got was only a R96. I definitely made a pretty good try for one, though, especially since I've been starting to go for some of the stamp collections that have avatars associated with them. Here's hoping there's a CC that involves food! I'm definitely saving all my R90+ on that!

ETA: Oops, I did actually get a R98 stamp. I keep forgetting about it. Still, wasn't any of the "big" ones. Ah well.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:04 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

bronze trophy for your user lookup, as well as 2,000 Neopoints, 150 NC and an exclusive item

I have a feeling the cut-off was 1000 donations. Oh, well. I ran out of time. Who cares? Not me... JS has drained all motivation I have for the game. Not sure why I even bothered, except it was kind of fun cleaning out all those useless clothes (most of which I got from the 2 CCs...). I actually got a number of items for my gallery, if I can ever be motivated to do anything with it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:49 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Huh. I expected to get nothing, but I was wrong.

TNT wrote:
Your participation in the Charity Corner event this season did not go unnoticed. Granny Hopbobbin was so impressed by your generosity that she has sent you a new participation medal for your user lookup, as well as 1,000 Neopoints! Doesn't it feel good to give back?

how 'bout that?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]