For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Bizzare, Disturbing or Distasteful items

Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:56 pm

So I'm at the Igloo Garage Sale and a deeply discounted "Stick-O-Mynci" catches my eye. Of course I need to buy it because it's probably the strangest item for sale at the moment.

Stick-O-Mynci

Description says: Chunks of Mynci on a stick roasted to perfection.

This seems a little disturbed. Chunks of a Neopet roasted on a stick... How many other items of equal or more disturbing nature are out there in Neopia?

Let's post them here - Picture and actual Neopets description, please :evil:

Re: Bizzare, Disturbing or Distasteful items

Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:35 am

There are a lot of similar items from the Wheel of Mediocrity (I guess Tyrannian foods?). And I'm pretty disgusted by some of the gross foods; a few make me want to vomit, and I have to look away. And anything snot...

I actually like the chia/lupe candy descriptions, though -- they're pretty funny, but probably disturbing to some.

I can't think of specifics right now, though, and no time to troll for links!

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:25 am

Nice topic Blue. When I first started playing, there were a few that really disturbed me. Particularly the Scab Cake.

Scab Cake - A nice fresh scab sandwiched between two halves of victoria sponge.

This item leaves me shuddering every time I see it. NASTY!!

Toe Nail Soup - A crunchy filling broth with a strangely cheesy taste.

Really, a cheesy taste! Gross.
~~~
With the earlier items, you can tell that the direction of the site wasn't completely known.
Items such as the Stick-O-Mynci and the Toasted Quiggle Legs are quite macabre for what the site has become.

Toasted Quiggle Legs - Eat them quickly before they hop off your plate.

Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:50 pm

All the Spooky Foods are intended to give a sense of unease to players, due to the fact the majority of them claim to be made of other Neopets. That this is true or not (the Halloween prank with a spaghetti bowl)...is uncertain... :evil:

Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:09 am

This would actually be an interesting gallery theme: Edible Neopets. (You'd have to omit items named for pets but not allegedly containing their components...)

Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:06 pm

One of the gourmet food items always grossed me out: Dr. Backwash. The description is "The only thirst quencher on the market that quenches twice!" Ugh. So nasty.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:12 am

Lemoran Fruit Leather Socks: The tastiest socks to wear when you put your foot in your mouth are made from fruit leather!

...There's something about that that is just...not right.
Topic locked