Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: TNT downsizing
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:03 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

So, there has been speculation on Reddit that some of The Neopets Team has been let go (unhappy news, especially given the bugs).

As well as the Reddit OP's personal correspondence, this stems from snarkie's recent tweet, thus:

@snarkie wrote:
If anyone is looking to hire content geniuses, designers, monitors, producers, et al, please do tell. I have awesome folks to send your way.

question? check the dex

Post subject: Re: TNT downsizing
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:19 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Posted on The Official Neopets Team Message Board:

A Message from JumpStart CEO, David Lord Posted: 9 Mar 2015 - 12:35 pm

To our Neopets Members and Community:

Unfortunately, a recent restructuring of our resources means a number of respected employees working on Neopets are no longer with the company. JumpStart appreciates each and every one of our employees, and it was a sad day to have to say goodbye to our friends. While it's disheartening to see team members leaving the company, we are incredibly thankful for everything they have done to create Neopets.com and the passionate community that surrounds the site.

Moving forward, we want to make it absolutely and unequivocally clear that we are committed to Neopets! Neopets is NOT CLOSING in any way. To the contrary, we plan to produce new content, update the site, and dedicate valuable resources towards improving site functionality, including lag and site stability. In fact, the recent launch of Neopets Ghoul Catchers on the iTunes and Facebook platforms confirms our dedication to launching new and exciting content for existing and new Neopets users.

As we move forward and establish new goals for Neopets, we want the community to know that we are fully committed to the success of Neopets. We will work to support, improve and expand Neopets with our best resources and most creative minds. We thank you for your unwavering support of Neopets and we believe you will be as excited about the future as we are.

We wish all of the amazing former Neopets team members the very best life has to offer and we are grateful for their time at Jumpstart.

- David Lord, CEO of JumpStart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:31 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Interesting. Same message appeared on Facebook about 2 hours ago. Only time will tell how sincere or accurate that is. Maybe they wanted fresh ideas and figured this was a way to do it?

More likely, the former TNT staff made more money than the new JumpStart people and... *snip* [/cynical]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:18 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Yes, Blue, I think you're probably right about the cynicism. That, or JumpStart doesn't like the Neopets culture. I know we were all so hopeful for the site when JumpStart bought it, but thus far...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:54 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Hmm. I'm not sure what to think. In many ways, Neopets has gotten bloated and stale over the years, and it really needs some major innovations. I know TNT tried with things like KQ, PPP, and Habitarium, but they were also afraid to cut anything (because everything has its fans). It doesn't say the entire TNT was let go, just a number of them. I think fresh blood could do the site a lot of good -- as long as they retained enough (and the right) "old" TNT to make sure Neopets stays "Neopets" and doesn't lose its roots.

Only time will tell. I hope they were given decent severance packages and a lot of notice.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:45 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I am hopeful for the future and shall remain optimistic!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:41 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The post just seems full of empty promises. JS have had Neopets for a year, and instead of anything getting better or even just keeping the same, the site is getting run-down with site glitches not being fixed and games being taken down. No new content, no New Features. This leaves me with questions:

1. If the CEO knew he had to cut jobs, why wasn't a plan put in place to keep the site running once the jobs were cut?

2. Why has the site been left to fall apart?; if (and I quote):
Quote:
we want to make it absolutely and unequivocally clear that we are committed to Neopets! Neopets is NOT CLOSING in any way. To the contrary, we plan to produce new content, update the site, and dedicate valuable resources towards improving site functionality, including lag and site stability.

3. Wouldn't it have been more prudent to do all this before the site falls into ruin?

4. Why is JS taking so long to accomplish even 1 of their promises?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:40 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Good points, Daze. I agree that it's very troubling that the site has been so broken for so long -- and that they seem to be breaking it worse as time goes on. And the timing, coinciding with the launch of Ghoul Keepers (which I still haven't had time to try) is troubling.

I suspect they might have bought it for the name and the "world" (characters, stories, etc.), but Neopets as we know it might soon cease to exist -- becoming an amalgamation of platform games and apps. I really hope not, but I don't know.

Daze, I think you should share your questions/concerns with JS.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:05 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

At this point Siniri, I am just waiting to see what happens. After losing my main and sides last year, all the fight has gone out of me. I was playing again for fun (and recuperation time), but all this BS is taking the fun right back out of it all.

To add to the whole mess, Neopets on Facebook is now listed as an APP Page and not an Entertainment Website.

Neopets may remain online, but it will a husk of a game if all JS are going to do is use the licensed name to produce knock-off apps of other well known mobile/FB apps.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]