Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Neopets Gloats and Cries [Split 3]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:37 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I got booby prize at that location :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:10 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Neopets won't load. I may not get home in time to place my Food Club bets later. *grumblecakes* (And for those who are only on Neopets in the Neopian morning and missed their quest yesterday, this could be problematic, depending on how long the site is down...)

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:40 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Gloat: I found a Pirate Usul Morphing Potion at Anchor Management today B)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Something Has Happened!
ImageYou are now eligible to use 'Blumaroo Court Jester' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

NEVER. AGAIN. King Skarl. NEVER AGAIN.

Now I have no excuse. Time to start tackling the 10 game avatars I still have left, even if most of them are way out of my league.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:58 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Congrats, Pickles!!

ETA...

Gloat: Picked up a Pirate Techo Morphing Potion at Anchor Management today :)
Cry: They're not even worth 2k! :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gloat: Finally recouped in my bank account from my big purchase last fall. A chunk of this was from selling P/B's that I won from redeeming 147 Golden & Platinum Nerkmids I'd saved up over the last year.
While I actually made more than by selling the individual nerkmids (by about 2 mil) by redeeming them...
Cry: I still didn't end up with a high enough score to upgrade from bronze on the first day of the month. Sigh.
Also, my bank account, while happy with me for recouping, is not so thrilled that I just spent almost 2 mil restocking on codestones so that I can start actively training again.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:27 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Gloat: Picked up 10k at Forgotten Shore today 8)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:08 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Gloat: met my March bank goal 5 days early thanks to selling 33k shares of SSS. Woot! (My monthly bank goals are based on FC, Trudy, and stocks only, and they're basically a way for me to keep track of how many years before I reach my eventual goal of being able to pay for my FC bets entirely with my daily interest... I didn't hit February's goal until more than a week into March, too, because I had no stock sales in February and had invested heavily in quest items.)

(And yes, I did mean years for my long-term bank goal... It takes a lot of NP to make my bets each day!)

Edit: I've already made nearly 33k from the wheel boon today thanks to a morphing potion from Excitement. Woot!

Funny RE during my winning spin:
Quote:
Nigel the Stockbroker Chia says "Have you considered investing in [TEFV]?"

I've bought stocks nearly every single day throughout nearly my entire time on Neopets, and I'd never heard of TEFV before... Sure enough, it's one of the bankrupted stocks you can't buy! So no, Nigel, I haven't considered it.... :roll:

...And I just won over 400k from Food Club. Double woot!

Edit: Day 6, and I'm nearing 100k from the wheels (of course, I was 2 days ago, too, and I've basically broken even for the past 36 hours -- though ~14 of those were spent sleeping, of course).

Just won 2k from buried treasure here: http://www.neopets.com/pirates/buriedtr ... ml?207,242

Edit: I just sold my second paint brush languishing in my SDB. Between great FC luck, a stock sale, and these paint brush sales, I've now surpassed my May bank goal halfway through April (even my modified May goal based on beating March's goal). I've reduced the time needed to reach my long-term goal (see above) by a month. And that's despite spending half a million on a stamp yesterday and starting to restock quest items in my SDB in anticipation of next year's Faerie Quest event.

Edit: While seeing what else I could sell from my SDB, I realized the grumblebug I have would work perfectly with my pirate poppit. I got out all my pant devil attractors and 213 other junk items (the bug was item 217 in my inventory). After a short time of refreshing, the grumblebug disappeared. I was thinking I got lucky and it attached quickly, but nope -- the pant devil snagged it. :cry: Why do I have to have the kind of rare luck that lets me hit the less than 0.5% probability option? All I can say is a big fat *grumblecakes* (or should that be *grumblebug*?) and goodbye to the 250k (that I never actually spent...). Don't know when I'll be bothered to buy another one. I'm coming up on a million NP lost in the last few days. *sigh*

P.S. Someone else really needs to gloat or cry here already!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:00 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Gloat: I bought a Faerie Floss Cocktail for 28k, before the stamp thing was sorted out and the prices exploded. It's in my gallery 8)

Apparently, these are the real thing... According to the penguin who says feed me, The very girly Fairy Floss Martini has vodka, blood orange, raspberry and vanilla syrup which makes it a touch too sweet but the fairy floss is definitely fun to eat...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:08 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Cry: I've lost nearly 1M NP this week from a combination of bad luck/not paying attention:

• 500k to buy the team challenge DD stamp I should have easily gotten had I noticed the button first
  • 250k (according to JN, or 1.8M according to someone on the TP) for the grumblebug eaten by the pant devil
  • nearly 200k in Food Club today because I didn't realize I was trying to place 11 bets until the 11th one didn't take -- and that was definitely one of my top 3 bets, so I wouldn't have considered dropping it....

Gloat: I just made 2.2M in the last 15 minutes selling a quiggle transmogrification potion and a mootix, and I'm up nearly 14M in my bank account since April 1 (nearly 9M over my goal for the month)! If I just get my normal rate of earnings for the rest of the month, I should shave another two months off my goal to fund my FC bets and daily stock purchases from interest alone. Assuming I don't go crazy buying a replacement grumblebug...

P.S. Blue, that drink looks as nasty as it sounds. Gross. (Thanks, Mom, for never letting me have cotton candy as a kid, because the one time I tried it as an adult, there was no nostalgia, just disappointment it didn't match my imagination.)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:18 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Nice RE:

A chill runs up your spine and you feel someone behind you. Thankfully, it's just Jacko the Phantom painter here to give you Yellow Petpet Paint Brush. He quickly fades away, and you decide to focus on your new item so you don't get the creeps.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:32 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Cry: With the DD happening this week, I completely forgot to buy my Cheaper by the Dozen stocks since Monday :cry:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:56 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Gloat: I decided to try the Coincidence again because apparently you can win P3s there, and I really want another grumblebug (see cry above). First try, everything cost less than 5 NP (but I had it all in my SDB), and:
Quote:
Nothing seems to happen. Oh wait, check the floor! You might want to catch that Zytch before it crawls away.
It's not a grumblebug, but according to JN, it's worth about twice what a grumblebug is. Makes absolutely everything I've ever spent on the coincidence worth it, even any lost stats.

ETA: Gave it a second try and got +1 movement.

Edit: Got an offer on the zytch that was below current TP but a bit above JN's price, so I accepted it contingent on me getting a grumblebug for less than that. I NMed a few people, and someone got back to me right away offering it at JN's price. Woot! So I've now got a replacement bug, and once I get the NP for the zytch, I'll actually be a few hundred k NP richer! I did not attempt to attach the bug tonight, though... I'm going to wait for the weekend, when I can try attaching it with a bunch of junk R90+ items in my SDB along with it (maybe I should try 1000 items this time?).

Edit: Final NP earnings for the month: just over 19.5M! Holy moly! About 3.5M was from Food Club, another several M (maybe close to 10M?) was from stock sales, and the rest was from clearing out my SDB/selling things I found this month. I've shaved 4 months off the time it will take to reach my goal of funding stock purchases and Food Club bets from interest alone. (And looking at the compounding interest is pretty cool, too: the extra I've saved over my intermediate goals these past two months, about 16M total, will turn into a 23M difference by the time I reach my goal.)

Edit: decided to try attaching my grumblebug. I used JN's IDB to pull out R94+ items from my SDB (the cheapest, obviously), and then I pulled out all my junk fishing items, too... I had the grumblebug somewhere near the middle, and there were 740 items total. When the grumblebug disappeared (after less than 5 minutes), I held my breath, but he attached! Woot! I lost one other item to the Pant Devil, but that's okay. Phew.

Now to get quickstock to play nice and let me put all the things back in my SDB... (It'll only take 11 "select alls," but it doesn't seem to want to load...)

ImageImage
Look at their grumpy little adorable faces! Interestingly, the grumblebug's picture calls it a "fyropinch." Grumblebug is a much better name.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gloats: Picked up 3 new silver trophies last month at score reset...and 3 of the 10 game avatars I didn't have.
Also, got a random FQ quest - 2 levels and 5 hps for 1600nps? ANY DAY! (eh, who cares about the 5 str)
Made two more goals in my bank account in the last couple weeks, though I am nowhere near the concept of paying for food club and stocks out of my daily interest (as it would require having about 2.5 times how much I currently have). I'm not sure if I'll even ever try for that..

Cries: Was feeling so icky that I totally forgot to attempt to go for any trophies yesterday, and it' was probably my last chance to do so in a while. Ah well. Maybe, if I have time this afternoon (hah!) and I'm feeling better (hah!), I'll try for a couple.
Ran out of codestones to train, so I'm going to have to restock again. At some point.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:50 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Gloat: Got 10x my old high score at Skies over Meridell to beat this week's BTY.

Gloat: Just won a prize at the symol hole! My second only, and the first was when TNT awarded everyone who went on Symol Day a prize one year... It was only a Turtum Wind Up Toy, worth about 1k, but it was still really surprising.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next