Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: December "Events"
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

A Couple of December Holiday Events have cropped up (aside from Advent Calendar, even!):

Holiday Dream Neopet Giveaway!
News wrote:
The Holiday Dream Neopet Giveaway is back again and this year it is extra magical! ;) To celebrate our 15th birthday and the 55th Neopet, we have decided to select 55 winners this year! 15 of the winners will be those who picked Vandagyres as their dream Neopet. Visit the Dream Neopet Giveaway page for a chance to transform one of your Neopets into your dream colour and species! Make sure you enter by 1:59 PM NST on the 19th (Friday). Our 55 lucky winners will be chosen to receive their dream Neopet on Day of Giving morning (the 25th). May all your holiday wishes come true! :)
Giveaway Page wrote:
To celebrate our 55th Neopet and 15th birthday, we are going to grant extra Neopians the Neopet of their dreams! All you have to do to enter is select one of your Neopets and your dream species/colour combination. If you're one of the winners, that Neopet will be magically transformed into your dream combination. (Through the power of holiday magic, we hear!)

Important information:

You must enter by 1:59 PM NST on Friday, December 19th. (This page will disappear after that!)
You can only enter on ONE account. It doesn't have to be your main, but you can't enter on more than one account or you will be disqualified!
If you win, any customisation items your Neopet is wearing will be placed into the closet automatically after the transformation.
If you select an unconverted Neopet to enter, the Neopet will NOT stay that way should you win the giveaway. All winners/transformations will be converted.
Fifty-five winners in total will be randomly selected and will wake up to their dream Neopet on Day of Giving morning (December 25th). We'll be sure to announce the winners in New Features.
That's it! Good luck!

Also:
Quote:
The Charity Corner is here! Granny Hopbobbin is looking for a little help making the holidays bright for Neopians in need. Visit to donate items from your Inventory, and Granny Hopbobbin will reward you in return! Also, if you make the list of Most Generous Neopians, you will get a special surprise on the 5th of January. :)

If you have many NC items on hand, now you have a chance to give back this holiday season! Donate a gift basket of NC items to needy Neopians at the Gift Basket Centre. To get started you'll need a roll of Basket Wrap for each set of three NC items you decide to donate. Once you've donated, you'll receive a receipt in which you can exchange for exclusive NC item prizes. Happy Holidays!

ETA: There is apparently a DAILY QUEST involved here! (With the Adopt A Neopian) that awards a special item prize.

FAQ:
What is Charity Corner?
The Charity Corner is run by Granny Hopbobbin. This kindly Neopian wants to help make the holidays bright for Neopians who are in need. You can visit the Charity Corner to donate as many toys as you would like, and Granny Hopbobbin will pass them along. Additionally, your generosity will be rewarded by Granny Hopbobbin herself! Make sure to claim your prize whenever you make a donation.
How long will Charity Corner be available?
The Charity Corner will open with the day’s New Features update on December 15th and will stay open until 11:59:59 PM on December 31st.
How do I donate NP Items?
Go to the Charity Corner main page and click on the button marked Donate NP Items. Once you select that option, you will now be able to donate toys to Granny Hopbobbin! Pick the toys you want to donate from the drop down lists. You can only donate five items at a time. All five items have to be in the same rarity range.
How many rarity ranges are there?
There are four. The ranges are as follows: 69 and below, 70-79, 80-89, and 90-99.
Do I get anything for donating items?
Yes! The rarity of the items you donate reflects the rarity of the item you will receive in return.
How do I Adopt A Neopian? How does this work, exactly?
First, go to the Charity Corner main page and click on the button marked Adopt a Neopian. Each day, you will see a request from a Neopian who is down on their luck this year. These Neopians will ask for five specific items. It is up to you to find out what they are! (Hint: those five items won't just be toys!) You can only adopt a Neopian once per day, but you will receive a special prize for fulfilling these requests.
Do I get anything for participating in the Adopt A Neopian programme?
Not only will you get a unique prize per each request (once per request), you will also receive an additional reward for completing at least *8 of the 17 quests.
*Updated 12/17 from 15
What is the Most Generous Neopians board?
Your donations will be recorded by Granny Hopbobbin. The top 10 most generous Neopians will receive an extra special prize at the end! Additionally, all remaining players who have made at least a single donation (NP, NC, or Adopt A Neopian) will receive a small reward.*Added 12/17

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Last edited by Pickles on Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: December "Events"
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Thanks Pickles!

I found in the charity corner, the items you're donating must be in your active inventory. It does filter toy #2-5 to the approximate rarity level after selecting toy 1.

Prizes I have received so far:
Pine Fresh Potpourri (uncommon)
Yellow Rock Slices
Sour Candy Hearts (uncommon)
Pretty Kyrii Purse (wearable) (ultra rare)
Dashing Flotsam Fin Cover (wearable) (very rare)
Xweetok Repairman Slacks (wearable) (very rare)
Brightvale Guard Training Manual (rare)
Hissi Herder Staff (wearable) (rare)
Black Licorice
Transparent Rose Soap
Stego
Sour Blue Slushie
Fetch! Stamp
Hazelnut Techo Truffle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:27 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Wow, the daily quest items inflate quickly. Thankfully I have a lot of pirate stuff in my gallery, so I didn't have to pay 99k for some pirate hat toffees. If they ever deflate again, I can always put them back in the gallery -- there's so much stuff in there, no one's going to go "oh, but you don't have X!"

I was going to just sell overinflated stuff and not trade anything in (the prizes should deflate while the junk things inflate, so it makes sense), but some of the prizes are worth a lot, so I might sell high and use some of the still-cheap stuff.

Can you use multiples of the same item?

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:37 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I was just noticing that, Siniri. The Pirate Hat Toffees are showing on JN's database for 11NP. You cannot find them on the SW for less than 89k!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

SSW showed a whopping 10 (8 of which were in one shop) for 99,999 this morning...which is what I ended up paying, ugh.

Yes, you can submit multiples of the same item.

Based on the FAQ, the item you get is based off the rarity of the items you donate. So, if you donate 5 in the 90-99 range, you get an item in the 90-99 range.

Thus, all of the used to be junk 1np plushies/toys in that range are now worth 20k+. This includes....
Maraquan Shieldmaiden Plushie
Maraquan Charger Plushie
Mutant Koi Plushie
Space Fungus Action Figure
Boochi Pinata
Carnival of Terror Clown Sprinkler
Wind Up Chia Clown
Tyrannian Skeith Plushie
Tyrannian Acara Plushie

So. Moral of the story is, GO GET YOUR BATTLE DROPS EVERY DAY RIGHT NOW!
I think I'll actually be switching over the the Koi Warrior or something else for the remainder of the month, especially since Nerkmids and Bubbling Fungus are really low in price right now.

I had 23 Space Fungus Action Figures rotting in my SDB, so I traded in 20 of them...should've kept them. Got 3 items worht less than 10k, and one worth 94k. I'll be selling any R90+'s that I get from now on.

Also, I have updated the first post with the FAQ for the Charity Corner. There are some pretty important notes in there! (I highlighted one in particular in red...)

This event, though, is probably doing a great lot of good for TNT's database system. Turn in 5 items and get 1? Must be cutting down on the item count pretty fast!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Ugh. Complete 15 of 17? I feel compelled to complete these, too. Sigh. This is going to be spendy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:48 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ugh, hopefully not, Blue. We've got 2 choices:

1) Be online at midnight NST and snag quest items while they're still cheap. (3am for me, but it might be worth it... it would just involve going to bed at 8-9pm... and then I'd be able to leave to go to my parents' house early in the morning this weekend and avoid some holiday traffic.)

2) Help each other out. I do have many junk items in my SDB, so I can pass some extras along to PPTers as needed to help you guys complete the adoption quests (and hopefully have some left to sell, too). Hopefully we've got enough variety between us that none of us will have to spend too much.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:37 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Pickles wrote:
Thus, all of the used to be junk 1np plushies/toys in that range are now worth 20k+. This includes....
Maraquan Shieldmaiden Plushie
Maraquan Charger Plushie
Mutant Koi Plushie
Space Fungus Action Figure
Boochi Pinata
Carnival of Terror Clown Sprinkler
Wind Up Chia Clown
Tyrannian Skeith Plushie
Tyrannian Acara Plushie

Thanks for the heads-up, Pickles!

Tidy profit so far.

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:29 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, I got up at 3am. It didn't work. I was searching for the premium-exclusive item within 1 minute of the release. I saw one at 5k and one at 90k. The lag cost me both; now they're unbuyable. TNT, that's just absolutely ridiculous. I understand wanting to shake up the economy, but instead you're just saying "eff you" to loyal members who don't give you money. It makes me want to just quit your entire game. This is beyond moronic, and TNT better fix this by making an alternative item work for today's quest, or something. Between this and the quarter-day first round, many people have already used up their grace period, and it's only day 3. No one's going to be playing your little reindeer games soon...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I've already missed the first two days and have almost written this one off as something I won't be doing. I had planned on coming home last night to complete the quest (and I found a Pirate toffee hat in my SDB). However, reality was that I came home late and still had too much work work to get done this week, so I ended up doing "real" work until 12:30NST instead.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:54 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm willing to pay up to 100k for the pencil case, but no more. I guess I'm still in the running for the 15/17 prize, but not if this keeps up. I'm not sure I'll be trying at 3am again. I was searching for the case within a minute, and I still failed because of the lag.

Blue, you might want to do at least 1 quest in case the avatar is for participation. If you care about avatars. And if there's a more reasonable quest than today's.

P.S. I hope it was clear from my last post that my anger is at TNT, not premium members. It's not their fault, and I don't blame them for following the principles of supply and demand.

P.P.S. I have extras of all the other items required today, if anyone has a pencil case but needs anything else. I would like to sell them while prices are high if no one needs them (so will probably sell when I get home from work, around 4pm NST).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:56 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'm probably not playing, but then I have actual real life at the moment-- a real cat to take care of, with relatives coming into the house to protect her from. (She's *painfully* shy; a house with people other than me in it is going to terrify her.) Between that and the holidays I'm just not going to have time to deal with this thing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Uuuugh. I checked in while doing a 3am feeding (2am NST) and was very disappointed to find they'd used a premium scratchcard prize. Yes, they're usually junk items, and I've been selling them for less than 10nps. No, I didn't have any in my SDB.

I am making attempts to snipe them off the SSW - I've missed several already, but managed to snag one for 25k! I will continue to snipe throughout the day if possible - if anyone wants one, please PM me. The next one I snipe is reserved for Mr. P, but I'll be glad to try for some for y'all, too.

ETA: Just snagged a second one (at 99,999). Will continue to snipe in case anyone else wants one.

ETA2: TNT has changed the number of quests needed to complete for the prize. Instead of 15/17, the FAQ now says 8. Wahoo!

ETA3: Another update to the FAQ is that everyone who does at least one donation (of any type) will get some sort of small reward. So even if you're not going to participate in the adoption things, at least donate 5 cheap toys once!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:25 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
Blue, you might want to do at least 1 quest in case the avatar is for participation. If you care about avatars. And if there's a more reasonable quest than today's.

Yep. I collect 'em. I'd kick myself if I didn't go for it.

Pickles wrote:
ETA: Just snagged a second one (at 99,999). Will continue to snipe in case anyone else wants one.

Me too. I didn't have any in my SDB.

Pickles wrote:
ETA2: TNT has changed the number of quests needed to complete for the prize. Instead of 15/17, the FAQ now says 8. Wahoo!

I don't know if that's good or not. I'd written it off, but now I still have a chance, so I guess I'm in...
Hmm. I wonder if they read my post above?

Pickles wrote:
ETA3: Another update to the FAQ is that everyone who does at least one donation (of any type) will get some sort of small reward. So even if you're not going to participate in the adoption things, at least donate 5 cheap toys once!

That's good. I was up to 3 on day 1 for regular donations. I had a bunch of BD drops and donated a bunch. I did notice that the prized appeared to be "better" when the rarity was higher.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:40 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I just went through the first 3 pages of toys in my SDB and priced everything I had more than one of (well, not special/retired items because they're not eligible).

Anything worth less than 100, I donated. Anything worth over 100, I threw in my shop. The big winner: Tyrannian Skeith plushie at 28k. Going to battle in the Tyrannian arena tonight!

Here are my prizes (will edit if I donate more):
food: Roast Tentacle, twirly fruit coral lolly (gallery item, yay!), iced bundt cake, organic green grapes, ice milk red tea, strong berry java, lemoran fruit leather socks (gallery, and funny description: the tastiest socks to wear when you put your foot in your mouth are made from fruit leather), watermelon, Fungi Fruit Slorg Slime, Organic Celery, Archaesaurus Tail, Coffee Milkshake, Poogle Spaghetti, Doglecoffee, Twirly Fruit Daisy Lollypop, Lavender Ice Cream, Assorted Gummy Quiggles, Crimson Ham, Snow Slushie, Gravy Smoothie, Banana Blumaroo Waffles, Usuki Iced Cookies, Strawberry Achyfi Lollypop, Can of Pickled Spinach, Speckled Hot Dog, Ugnot, Powdered Green Tea, Lemon Lime Neocola, Marmalade Mince Pie, Mega Neopian Berry Smoothie, Mystery Meat Sandwich, Grey Turnip, Chocolate Meerca Roll, Red Octopepper, Smoked Meridellian Fish, Chocolate Stuffed Pastry, Candy Filled Negg, Vanilla and Chocolate Yurble Cupcake, Jelly Butter, Food Shop Chocolate Charm, Checkered Steak, Pirate Hook Candy Cane, Cheese Xweetok,
grooming: hairspray, sunkissed altadorian lip balm, Tyrowbee Powder Puff, Blue Daisy Brush, Symol Soap on a Rope
school?: Nimmo Lunchbox, Air Faerie Pen
collectable cards: Dreaming, Luperus
books: Nimmos (gallery), Moon Missions, News... in... Space!, kougra tales, maniacal meercas, counting potatoes, Gelert Paw Reading, Dont Bug Me, The Big Book of Karma, Xweetok Grooming, Grape Gummy Book, Flaming Scroll, Dark Eyes the Aisha, The Thief Handbook,
album: Tyrannian Grarrl Stamp,
toys: Toy Sailboat,
misc: Faellie Play Pen
neohome: Gas Lamp,
petpets: Jawshell, Splyke, Kazeriu,
wearables: Lutari Archaeologist Boots, Skeith Sweeper Jacket, I Love Selket T-Shirt (UW), Springtime Scorchio Dress, Ruki Work Shirt, Yurble Noil Tamer Trousers, Elegant Blumaroo Jacket, Yurble Artist Brush

Special R90 Edition: ARGH!!!! DONNA STAMP, Negg Faerie Stamp, moach, mootix, Easygoing Xweetok Hairband , Plushie Yurble Chair, Kiko Pilot Suitcase, Cutout Violin, Kadoatie Glue, Yellow Buzzer T-Shirt, Faerie Imprisonment for Fun and Profit , Techo Wanderer Luggage, Professional Curses, Blumaroo General Sword, Faerie Koi Mobile, Vira Ruler, Cake Recipes for All Occasions, Custard Doughnut, Bronze Gong, Futuristic Lutari Diving Helmet, Winter Scorchio Boots, Rebec, Pteri Poetry, Beating Sloth, Leaf-Sewn Tonu Wig, Trendy Acara Collar and Scarf, Tonu Chef Trousers, Grarrl Head Pencil Topper, Snow Trumpet, Spyder Lights, Suave Pteri Shirt, Captain Scarblade Rug, Scorchio Folk Dancer Tambourine, Colourful Male Hissi Dancer Hat, Jelly Fruit Ring, Hover Stove, Eyrie Mountaineer Gloves, Skree, Organ , Korbat Scientist Gown, Catamara Guitar, Water Faerie Sofa

These were mostly in the lower range, but a few were in the 70-79 range. Someone who has donated over 100 items says that they haven't gotten a single duplicate for prizes.

ETA: I've got spares of all 5 of today's items, so give me a shout if you need anything. (For most of them, I've got 100+.) I tossed 10 of each in my shop at moderately inflated prices; I'll adjust when I wake up if they haven't (or have!) sold. Except the apples; those I put on the TP, of course (and I didn't have 10 spares... I held out 2 additional ones in case anyone here needs one). My computer didn't want to wake up today, so I missed out on buying more apples, but I came very close, so waking up for the 3am steals is possible. Just try to buy at the *bottom* of the SW, never mind the prices.

Okay, back to sleep. I put on my trades when I'd be back, but I bet I have hundreds of withdrawn bids anyway.

Last edited by Siniri on Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:24 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next