Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Re: Habitarium is going away...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:00 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
This thread started in the Jumpstart thread by Pickles, but the discusseion quickly went OT talking about the Habi going away. I have moved the discussion here...

For the Full TNT quote and the thread regarding the transition, please refer to this post.

Quote:
Transition Update -
...snip...
Side Effects: Unfortunately, because of their size and the work required to migrate them, a couple big things won't be included in this transition.

*Habitarium: Professor Clodbottle is hoping to have a gift for everyone after the move, as a thank you for helping him with his experiments.

...snip...

~Blue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

For anyone that does have a habi, don't forget to discard all your stored eggs for nps. Every 5 eggs = 500nps! (If you're at level 50, that is). I'm going to try and actually run my habi as long as I can, at least for the next week (or until it closes).

ETA: Wow. Apparently I have gotten up to 12 glitched eggs - you know, the kind you can't get rid of but also won't hatch.

ETA2: ROTF. Mr. P decided he'd milk a few extra nps out of habi as well. He doesn't have time to have it open during the day, so he built 40 nests, and has 40 nesters (and 5 workers to repair the nests, plus one random soldier). His poor habi is ridiculously filled with nests.

BlueEdit: This is actually a copied/edited/abbreviated post from Pickles, and is technically not a double post :P

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post subject: Habitarium is going away...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:26 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I went over and checked my Habitarium last night. All of my pets were dead. The kind professor gave me 3 new living pets :P

My Habitarium is currently at level 35 with about 18 "pages" of eggs in my backpack. Are the eggs worth anything if I'm less than level 50, and how do I get the NP for them?

Post subject: Re: Jumpstart Transfer update - BIG news
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:54 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

@Jelani: I think Habi was outsourced, yes. I'm also hoping inflation will settle a little after it's gone as well, though it has been a big help to me in training in the past. I guess I'll have to invest in other options. Maybe it's time to start food club or something.

@Blue: They're worth experience. Once you hit level 50, you get a purple gem (worth 500nps) every 1000XP you make.
You might be able to discard a chunk of them (they're 200XP each) and make it to the next level, giving yourself that level's NP reward (which would be 15750nps for level 36, and 16250 for level 37). Depending on how far into level 35 you are, you might be able to get up to level 37. :)

It occurs to me - if they do the upgrade this week, we'll lose out on days we can collect on boons. Bummer on that!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:57 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, Pickles! I am now level 36 with a bunch of still remaining to discard tomorrow. Note: Do not discard eggs directly from your backpack - no credit will be given. You must first move the egg to the Habi before discarding to get the 200XP each! I hatched about 20 eggs along the way to repopulate my nests, workers to fix the dead nests and a few soldiers, just because :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
Note: Do not discard eggs directly from your backpack - no credit will be given.

Actually, you should be able to...that's how I always do it when I'm clearing out excess eggs. I wouldn't recommend doing more than 8 per "cycle", but it does count them...unless they're glitched eggs. You'll know if you have glitched eggs if, once you clear out all your eggs, you reload habi and some come back. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about them.

Glad you made it to level 36! At least you got *some* of the NPs you could! Hopefully you'll be able to get to 37 before it shuts down, and collect again!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:15 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ah. Patience... It takes a few moments before the XP show up when discarding directly from the backpack. Much better. Thanks!

After discarding all of my eggs, I am a mere 3918 short of level 37. I did hatch about 25 eggs along the way, including 9 nesters. They're all busy making eggs for me to discard :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ugh, the site (Habi particularly) is lagging a ton. If you can't get into Habi, wait 10 minutes and try again. That's what seems to be working so far...

Blue, sounds like you should be able to make it to 37!!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:20 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I just checked in and, sure enough, my Habi is at level 37! ... and I'm now 16,250NP richer :D

P.S. The Habi was flying this morning around 2:00am NST. :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:03 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Congrats, Blue!

I just watched mine die out probably for the last time - I doubt it'll be around long enough for another week's to die. I saved enough eggs to hatch another batch starting on Sunday, because I figured it wouldn't be gone by the time my current ones turned into gems. It was very bittersweet, though, watching them all lay down and then poof into gems. :(

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:31 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Aww. Since you put it that way :cry:

I hadn't played with my Habi for a very long time before now, and I actually had fun with it again. Ah well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:32 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I got frustrated with Habitarium a while ago, and I'm still frustrated enough that I'm not going back to it-- mostly because it required *so much attention*. But it's still sad that it's going away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:02 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Once they over-animated habi (instead of fixing all the glitches, etc.), it just got way too slow and overworked my computer. I did go and use up all my wood to build all the storages I could (for the same XP as an egg), and discarded eggs while my soldiers were building. I probably made about 30k, maybe a little more -- not really very time-efficient because of the lag (and the horrible design). I might have technically made more NP if I'd clicked through all 41 pages of eggs (only did about 10, probably, though I've really no idea since I didn't click through all the pages to see what I had left at the end), but that was way too mindless with the lag. At least buying, putting out, and taking back up storages (and moving p3s), trying to time it so the p3s always had something to build, was a semi-entertaining game of coordination.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:04 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

You can now collect habitarium good-bye things from the habitarium page.

Quote:
Hold on! My datacrometer is blinking! Ah, it appears it's collected all it can from my invention, which means the experiment has come to an end. Thank you for helping me with my research! We learned a lot about these fascinating Petpetpets, didn't we? They really are astounding!

Please accept these gifts as thanks.

Maybe we'll meet again someday. A professor is always looking for new and interesting experiements, you know.

I have never so much as loaded habitarium, and got given the Habitarium Goodies Chest, which I probably will never open.

I understand there is a habitarium site theme, though - so presumably people who played more (or at all) get better prizes.

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:17 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

That chest is full of amazing things, apparently -- including an animated squid petpet (way way cooler design than the turpandowl) and a snowman petpetpet. I haven't opened mine either, but I need to attach that petpet to one of my guys -- probably the (future Maraquan) Shoyru.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next