For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Re: Jumpstart Transfer update - BIG news

Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:34 am

Jelani wrote:I am of the opinion that they should have kept the site offline longer in order to properly bug test it. It's pretty bad for their brand to ship a really buggy product, and I think it's going to give a lot of players a bad impression of jumpstart. "They've taken away our habitarium and our petpet park, and now they've stopping me buying, selling, and playing games!" - taking an extra few days to fiddle around with things would have been less damaging in the long run.

Eh, I figure it's a toss-up. They leave the site down completely too long, and people leave because of that, too. I don't think they were expecting quite as many bugs as have been found, though.

I don't remember enough from the last major transfer, but there were people on FB saying it took upwards of 3 months to finish getting the server transfer bugs out when it was moved to viacom.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:21 am

I don't remember enough from the last major transfer, but there were people on FB saying it took upwards of 3 months to finish getting the server transfer bugs out when it was moved to viacom.

I think they're having you on! There was no server move when Viacom bought the site.

I expect the difference was that Viacom bought Neopets Inc. in its entirety from Doug Douhring and his investor conglomerate, whereas Jumpstart bought just the site and intellectual property from Viacom, and not all its material assets (e.g. servers).

Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:39 am

Jelani wrote:

I think they're having you on! There was no server move when Viacom bought the site.

I expect the difference was that Viacom bought Neopets Inc. in its entirety from Doug Douhring and his investor conglomerate, whereas Jumpstart bought just the site and intellectual property from Viacom, and not all its material assets (e.g. servers).

Haha, that's quite possible, and also makes sense.

In better "news"...
Good News! We have been able to fix a few things and we are continually working to fix more. *reaches for a bottle of water* Phew! We are still working on getting some site spotlights up and running again, so we apologize for some missing content (and broken Mystery Pic... sorry!). We will try to catch up, though! Meanwhile, here are a few of the things that we fixed:

User Shops: You can now purchase items from other players' shops. Yay!
Auctions: Auctions should be working correctly again. Items that were stuck because of an unsuccessful auction and/or NP that was in escrow because of unsuccessful bids are now being released and confirmation messages are being sent.
Create a Pet: If there are any Poogles left you should be able to create them. (And any other Neopets you want, of course.)

We are currently working on unlocking accounts that have been locked by too many tries logging in etc. We are hopeful that you will all be back and playing Neopets on your main accounts very soon. Thank you so much for your patience, everybody! :)

Word on the neoboards is that the games are starting to work again, too. I haven't had a chance to check that myself.

Now, if only they could get stocks back up...I've really wanted to sell COFL at various times in the last couple days! ;)

Oh, yeah, and this:
Scores Galore is here!!! Hooray! Now until October 5th, you can send up to five scores per game every day. :) Head on over to the Games Room and start playing!
Now that it's working again (I'm assuming), this is a nice way to make up for the days we haven't been able to play. :)

Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:44 am

I missed out on taking advantage of the people who kept trying to "underprice" the SW, not realizing that shops just weren't working. I heard there were dubloons and codestones to be had for a few NP, but when I just went to finally buy a Mag, the cheapest was 200+ more than the last time I bought one.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:00 am

Siniri wrote:I missed out on taking advantage of the people who kept trying to "underprice" the SW, not realizing that shops just weren't working. I heard there were dubloons and codestones to be had for a few NP, but when I just went to finally buy a Mag, the cheapest was 200+ more than the last time I bought one.
I did, too, as I was away from my computer for the majority of the day, and by the time I had a chance to check in, all the prices had re-stabilized.

On the plus side, my shop is now priced (mostly), and I've earned a tidy sum from codestones, etc, that I've been collecting from the battledome over the last couple days!

Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:14 pm

I was online at the time the shops started working. Every bargain went in under one minute, seriously.

Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:14 pm

Hah, I'm not surprised by that, Jelani.

In more better news, the stock market is working again! I didn't get to sell COFL at 70 (where it was last night at some point that I checked), but 65 is still pretty decent when I normally sell at 60! Cheers!

Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:31 am

Well, TNT has removed the extra 611k from my on-hand NP (I finally decided to just leave it there after I had to cash in on Food Club). They even took the exact amount out, leaving me with my 15k to buy stocks (yay! though I missed my COFL sell point of 70 -- hopefully it will go up again). I really do need to check my gallery and SDB though (at least for the expensive stuff and NC items I remember having)...

(Even without that extra 610k, my bank account is sitting very pretty thanks to those big Food Club wins before I started saving for the trophy. Food Club and worm times are still off; today's Food Club results haven't been announced yet -- though chances are I'll only have a small win if anything, because there just wasn't a way to bet safe and bet big today. I'm just hoping everyone else gets small wins, too...)

Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:25 am

Siniri wrote:Well, TNT has removed the extra 611k from my on-hand NP (I finally decided to just leave it there after I had to cash in on Food Club). They even took the exact amount out, leaving me with my 15k to buy stocks (yay! though I missed my COFL sell point of 70 -- hopefully it will go up again). I really do need to check my gallery and SDB though (at least for the expensive stuff and NC items I remember having)...

(Even without that extra 610k, my bank account is sitting very pretty thanks to those big Food Club wins before I started saving for the trophy. Food Club and worm times are still off; today's Food Club results haven't been announced yet -- though chances are I'll only have a small win if anything, because there just wasn't a way to bet safe and bet big today. I'm just hoping everyone else gets small wins, too...)

Glad to hear they took the extra nps out! I've been leaving my extra out, even though it's no huge amount like yours, but that would've really bothered me if I had that much extra. They still haven't gotten rid of mine, nor has my SDB returned to the right number...but I'm guessing they're looking into this lot of issues now, based on the fact that they've done something about yours. Here's hoping!

Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:48 pm

Bah. Now I'm not sure they took it out. I might have accidentally deposited it the night before... I can't remember. Well, TNT will hopefully have a record of how much I've earned since then, and they'll either take it out or not. They can't expect me to keep track of it with so many NP entering and leaving my account each day. I let them know there might be an issue. It's not like I'm trying to take advantage of a glitch. They'll either fix it or they won't, I guess.

Speaking of Food Club, the update times have been late, but at least they've been updating at some point each day... until yesterday. Yesterday's round just never ended. Ah, well, everyone's in the same boat, so I'm still in good position for a trophy on the first, I guess. Just need to check often to make sure I don't miss a round. I wonder if the person is just manually ending each round for us; if so, this round might go until Monday like last weekend's did. It is a bit frustrating that my chief means of earning NP is down, but at least I can buy stocks (my second best earner).

Right before I left for work on reboot day, I got a neomail that I have some NC expiring in 30 days. Since the mall is back up, I guess I'll go spend it. I wish I'd had time to check out the summer shop before it closed... but I can at least get a FQ cookie (or 2 or 3...).

Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:08 pm

The game chronometer is still off-- I can't submit scores for some games even though I haven't played them today.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:46 am

Bummer on Food club not updating, Siniri! Here's hoping you finally get your gold anyways, though!

@CW: Some games are working, some are not (I've run into this myself). For example, Kass Basher, Math's Nightmare, and Snowbeast Snackrifice won't work for me, but Fashion Fever, Catch the Petpet, Tunnel Tumble, and Darigan Dodgeball are working. (Just to name a few, I haven't played a lot more in the last few days due to time constraints).

I haven't tried this yet, but most people on the neoboards are saying that the "mirror games" are working. There are some rules about playing them, but here are the most comprehensive guides I've found about them so far:
TDN's Mirror Game Guide
Poperri's Mirror Game Guide
Please please please don't play both the mirror game and the regular game on the same day!

Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:31 am

*sigh* Still stuck on the same Food Club round. I hope TNT makes the next round last at least 24 hours (i.e., I hope they don't start it when they get into work and then end it at "normal time"). If so, that means we'll only get 3-4 rounds for the trophy run (which should give me a decent shot at gold...). I hope they get those chronometers working ASAP; I keep missing out on the shrine + nearly half my weekly NP earnings.

In other news, I found my black worm at 9:56 today -- so either 1 hour and 55 minutes late, or 2 hours and 25 minutes early. I still haven't found my pink worm (not that I've really been looking, either...). If I ever do find the pink one, it'll be interesting to see whether the black shows up at the same time. And I haven't tried my magma time lately (I'm not usually home at that time of day).

Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:49 am

Great news, the issue with Game Send Scores is now fixed! To celebrate, we have extended Scores Galore so that it now ends on the 12th. Visit the Games Room if you want to try it out!

Just FYI from the news.

Of course, it'd be nice if the trophies were reset like they were supposed to be (I had kinda been hoping to try for a few), and if trophies were actually being awarded like they should be (I think I've been getting the NPs for some of them...every 4th day or so?).

Still very, very glitchy. But at least progress is being made?

Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:10 am

In addition to trophies, I realized I never got any Monthly Competition notices for this month. (I also didn't get my "second" round ones on the 29th for the ones I won first round for in September, not that it mattered since I hadn't gotten any third or fourth rounds that month.) That thing was so broken already, though... although maybe TNT might actually fix it all the way? Or just take it down like IOM and the LC. Oh, yeah, I have that Neopian Times series I need to revise... Hmm... something to do while waiting for the site to come back to full functionality.
Topic locked