Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Jumpstart Transfer update - BIG news
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:56 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

T minus five minutes. I have finished my dailies for today and placed tomorrow's Food Club bets (forgoing 38NP in interest -- not sure why I always stress myself out placing bets in the morning or at lunch -- oh, yeah, the odds change).

Hopefully we'll have a better-working site tomorrow morning!

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Site is still down, but TNT posted notices on FB and Twitter right around the planned downtime ending (I think it was 10:15 or so my time, so shortly after the downtime was scheduled to end).

Quote:
NEOPETS DOWNTIME UPDATE: It looks like we are looking at just a few extra hours of downtime before Neopets.com is brought back online. Sorry for the inconvenience! TNT will be updating everyone here and on our official Twitter page as soon as the site is back up and you’re able to reunite with your pets and Neofriends - stay tuned! http://budurl.me/NeoTwitter

Quote:
SITE MAINTENANCE: We're looking at a few more hours downtime. TNT is just finishing a few last minute tech updates to the site - stay tuned!

JN also posted some more details on their Ghoul Catchers post:
Quote:
While we had TNT's attention, we also asked about the Elephante in the room... the lag!

They wish they had a great answer for it and a date on which it'll stop, but they don't. They're taking an iterative approach to fixing things, one step in which is the downtime we'll be seeing tonight.

One of the big challenges with fixing the lag here is that they have terabytes among terabytes of data that needs to be migrated with each change they make. To give you a better idea of what that means, when they're releasing code to fix an issue causing lag, they might also need to copy over the database to fit the new style of code. We were told this is over 45 million rows of data in some of their database tables, so fixes and moves can take a while simply because it takes lots of time to copy data over.

That being said, they have their programmers working around the clock to fix things. (Remember, we saw that downtime last week around 1am local time, meaning someone from TNT was up at 1am running a fix!) They also assured us that they're feeling the problems as well. All of their admin tools are just as slow as the site is, and it's making their job more difficult as well. So, fixing the lag is a top priority for them, and we at JN are optimistic that it's something we'll see a solution for sooner rather than later.

ETA: There was a brief (announced) downtime last night (from what I'm seeing, it was less than an hour?) and now Neo is ZIPPING along! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA2: Another downtime.
Neo News wrote:
Site Downtime Tonight! - We have made some progress earlier this week during our scheduled downtime. However, we do still require some more downtime tonight to continue our optimization of the site. Neopets.com will be unavailable starting at around 9 PM NST, and is scheduled to return sometime after midnight. We will keep you updated on any changes (if applicable) through our official Facebook and Twitter pages. As always, we thank you for your patience during this time!

TNT wasn't kidding when they said they'd be having several. I'm amused that they're only calling the progress from earlier this week "some" - it was a massive difference to me! Mr. P thinks that they lost all their database optimizations when the transition happened, and that they're having to put them back in slowly but surely.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:16 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, the lag did improve, but it seems to be back for me. And a lot of things re-broke after last weekend's extended downtime, so I'm glad they're taking the site down to try to fix them again.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

There was apparently a lag prize that went out this afternoon (I wasn't on as the kids napped weird today), but it caused problems so they took it back off. Hopefully it'll be working on Monday - it looks pretty awesome!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:41 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Aww, man! I just read about this and was trying to get the RE, but I guess I missed the window. TNT set it up as an RE, so people were getting it more than once. I think it was probably supposed to be a one-time thing. I guess it was an RE so that you didn't have to go to the news to find it... Will TNT ever be able to execute something as planned without a hitch again? Find out next time on "As Neopia TurnsWobbles off into the Abysses of Space."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Just got my lag prizes. Ironically enough, it took forever to load my inventory after I was awarded them...
Anyways, it's running faster again, but I'm still waiting on the NC portion. I understand there's a delay in that.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:38 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Just got mine, too -- on my side first since those guys were hungry, then again on my main because I needed to do dailies there. Of course, now I need to transfer NP before I can feed my side pets...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:55 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I got mine, too :)

I forgot about my side... I suppose I should go over there and feed my pets! That 20k will go a long way to feed them. Heck I'll even put them up at the neolodge for a month :D

ETA: LOL, my side now has 20,160NP :P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

From what I understand from the neoboards, if collected on a side, the lag prizes need to just stay on the side. But yeah, 20k will go a long way in keeping side pets in the hotel and happy. :)

The NC took a while to show up, but it's finally there.

ETA: TNT has confirmed we can collect them on our sides:
Editorial wrote:
Hi, TNT. Hopefully you address this by the next Editorial, but if not, I was wondering what to do with the lag prizes awarded on (one of) my sides. The Neocash I can't do anything about, but should I discard the items? Should I donate the Neopoints, or is it mine to do with it what I like? I'd just save it, but now my side is too rich to use the Soup Kitchen to feed my 'pets. I'm just wondering how I should handle this, and if it happens again in the future! *knock on wood* ~perfected_cube
It is all right to collect these rewards for the site lag on your side account. We don't want to forbid you from logging into your sides!

Also, more downtime coming up:
News wrote:
Scheduled Downtime! - We are planning on taking down the site this Sunday (2/1) for some much needed work. The site will most likely be unavailable during that night. We will continue to update you on our official Facebook and Twitter pages as we make progress. Thanks everyone, and we hope you have a great weekend!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:04 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

9/11/2015: I decided to play the featured game today (Kou Jong), and it wouldn't load. MoScript also notified me of a blocked script by playwire.com. I temporarily allowed the script, and the game loaded. It looks like JS is outsourcing the games? They're not hosting them on neopets.com anymore, at any rate. It looks to be the same old KJ. I wonder if this has to do with the move towards mobile? (Speaking of which, now that I have a mobile, is the app active yet? Is it worth getting?)

2/18/2016: I meant to post this when I first received it, but I had the following response to a ticket last month when my Geos game glitched (it told both of us it was the other's turn), with the ticket closed under "solution suggested":
Quote:
Thanks for writing. I am sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with part of the Neopets website.

We have read your ticket and have categorized it internally based on the specific issue that you reported. This means that we can always find your ticket (or others with the same issue) if we have more information to share. You don't need to submit a new ticket for this same issue. We can even reopen tickets that have been closed if we need to get a hold of you :)

Since your ticket has been all handy-dandy categorized we are able to distribute and prioritize the issue you have reported. Unfortunately we will not be able to give you an exact date of when this problem may be fixed (since any time frame is subject to change) but we are aware of it and appreciate your report!

Issues that impact the whole site will be fixed for everyone at the same time so you don't need to worry about being left out :)

Unfortunately if you lost Neopoints or Neopoint items as a result of this issue it is unlikely that we will be able to replace them :(
It's like they don't even have time to read the tickets anymore and just copy-paste that answer... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think the JS team has a lot more on its hands right now than dealing with (rather old) game glitches.

Class Action Lawsuit Against Neopets

I've been having a few of the more secondary glitches: it randomly stopped awarding me my collectible cards back in June, and I haven't been receiving scratchcards/collectibles since right before mid-Jan. I opened a ticket, and the collectible cards are already fixed, I've gotten my Jan collectible (this was submitted before the Feb one came around). They're working on getting me the missing scratchcards and the missing Feb collectible, and I've been getting fairly quick response times on the updates I've submitted.

JS really ended up with the short end of the stick with all the transition messes - I don't think the original site and/or Viacom ever really took care of the programming nightmare that it was running on, and now JS is trying to get things to run properly...and having all sorts of issues as a result.

I'm just hoping that the lawsuit doesn't take down Neo...though it quite possibly could, depending on how things play out. :(

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I always did feel the focus on continually making new content rather than making an impressively balanced product was a failing of Neopets. There IS something pleasing about always seeing something to to play with, but when the playground itself is riddled with troubles...? I am otherwise The Sad to know legal troubles abound...despite what my go-to emoticon says... :evil:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7