Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jumpstart Transfer update - BIG news
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:31 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yeah, I think it's only ~250k-300k excess overall, but it might be as much as 610k excess. Regardless, I submitted a bug report with what I remember. I hope TNT has an uncorrupted file somewhere they can check. If not, I guess they might take the full 610k -- which would, even in the worst-case scenario, not make it the biggest loss I've had to a glitch. What's 360k in the long run?

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:55 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Tonight, I was automatically logged out and had to log in, but I was able to do so without any issue :)

My bank account and on-hand cash seem ok, and my SDB seems close enough at Items: 5,871 | Qty: 17,017.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:33 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I went to check the status of my ticket, and the system that lists outstanding tickets is down. I checked my e-mail and had no reply. I'm not going to walk around with 600k+ out, and I'm not going to not play for who knows how long just because of a glitch, so... I hope TNT doesn't try to take all the NP I've earned since the reboot on top of the 600k.

ETA: And Food Club is currently down... You can see past winnings, you can see the current pirates, you can click to make bets on the current pirates -- but you can't actually bet on the current pirates (you get an error message that you haven't selected anything even though you have). *sigh* Today was going to be a nice day to bet, too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:39 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Can't change prices on my shop, either. I can put items in just fine, but I can't alter the prices of existing items.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:45 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The site search bar is also not working. They did a great job on bug-testing, eh?

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:07 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I was able to place my Food Club bets. TNT figures it's better to have some things functioning even if a few things aren't working (and by a few, I guess they mean "most" -- Flash games and KQ aren't working, either -- but who needs to earn NP?).

ETA: I placed bets, but the round hasn't ended -- and it's numbered sequentially after Wednesday's, so it seems I didn't miss a tourney on Saturday, either (which means this round has now lasted at least 3 days...). Oh joy oh joy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:41 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

What did they bug-test before putting the site back online? Because they didn't bug test buying items in shops, buying items in users shops, submitting scores on flash games, searching the site, updating shop prices, logging on, that Neopet pictures were loading all body parts intact, editing petpages, removing more than one item at a time from safety deposit boxes...

A side effect of the inability to buy is that a bunch of 'easy to sell' items have deflated greatly - presumably some people don't understand why they're not selling and are aggressively undercutting each other's prices. If you happen to be online when buying suddenly works again, you could make a mint - dubloons are priced at around 50 NP at the moment. Some shops have them for 1 NP.

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:16 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Hmpf. I used the SW to find some cheap dubloons, but the first shop I went to (from the SW), I get the following:
Quote:
Oops! Error: You were referred here from a non-Neopets page. Looks like somebody was trying to cheat you! Try another shop!
This happened with several shops. Also happened when clicking the user's name and going back to their shop from the user lookup page shop link :(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:35 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Wow, Jelani, thanks for the info on that! I'll be busy at work this week, but I hope I can get some things at least a little deflated. (Blue, that's the shop error everyone sees. It means it hasn't been fixed yet.)

Nothing seems to have changed since yesterday. Tally-ho, TNT. I don't remember the last transition being nearly as buggy -- but I guess the site was quite a bit smaller back then. (Then again, it's not like site-searching or user shops have changed since then...)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:43 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Flash games are working okay for me but they're not resetting number of plays-- I maxed out Meerca Chase right after the site came back online and now it's telling me my max scores are posted. I haven't tested this because "taking advantage of glitch" is bad, but since it also isn't registering number of plays on the count below the game (the in-game count works fine, but the one on the game page doesn't update), I suspect it also isn't stopping you from submitting more than three now. Not going to try it, but it wouldn't surprise me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My ticket hasn't been looked at yet, either, Siniri.

I'm becoming more convinced that the 3 items I'm missing are NCMall items. If/when I have a chance, I'm going to go through all of them and try hard to figure out what's missing. I wish my SDB database was up to date. Sigh. I just don't have that kind of time with two kids under the age of 3!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:22 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I suppose it is the new normal for my pet to disappear from all pages?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:53 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

CW, I can (or could as of yesterday evening...) "send" scores in Flash games, and it would all look normal -- except I noticed my NP didn't increase.

The Food Club round finally ended at sometime today. I won 56:10 again, so I've now got nearly 1M NP! Woohoo! Going ahead and collecting to put it in the bank; tomorrow is the start of collecting for a trophy. TNT might come collecting their 600k at some point, but hopefully they won't take more than that. They have to figure I'm still earning NP, right?

Since I'm home from a 13+ hour work day, I'm going to have to figure what else is working again tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Got a response to my ticket:
Quote:
Thank you for writing in!
We appreciate your feedback throughout this transition.
Our developers are looking into the issue and hope to have it fixed soon!
Thank you for being patient with us :)
This means they're acknowledging the missing/extra items/neopoints now. :)

I've pretty much just been running dailies, and dumping everything into my shop. Unfortunately, this method isn't going to work much longer as, heh, my shop is starting to get full.

I figure TNT will get things working as quickly as they can. I've not got a lot of free time lately anyways, so I'm OK with them taking their time to get things right.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:07 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I am of the opinion that they should have kept the site offline longer in order to properly bug test it. It's pretty bad for their brand to ship a really buggy product, and I think it's going to give a lot of players a bad impression of jumpstart. "They've taken away our habitarium and our petpet park, and now they've stopping me buying, selling, and playing games!" - taking an extra few days to fiddle around with things would have been less damaging in the long run.

question? check the dex

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next