Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Neopets Gloats and Cries [Split 2]
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wow, congrats, Daze and Siniri! Those are some big gloats!

Cry: Restocked on codestones to bring me up to 40 of each (enough for ~48 trainings, depending on what is asked for). My bank account is unamused (however, it'll probably be much happier than if I tried to restock again in the middle or end of the Altador cup - I'm figuring codestone prices will go up as fewer people will be doing daily battling, meaning supply will go down).

Gloat: This will likely be my last restock before I make it to my HP goal, as I've got 60 (or less) trainings to do!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:52 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Dang, Daze, congrats on the Kadoaterie avvie!

RE gloat:

An Alien Aisha gives you a Super Nerkmid! Maybe it's time for a trip to the Vending Machine....

I guess prices are highest now because of reset? Or did I already miss that?

Edit: Dark faerie quest. 2 HP for my battlepet (the equivalent of 4 red codestones for 635 NP)? Yes, please! And thank you very much.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:27 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Thanks Pickles, Siniri. :)

I hope your training goes well pickles. It is a really big accomplishment when you hit training goals.

The Alien Aisha must have been in a real good mood recently! Congrats on your nerkmid Siniri. You are correct in thinking the prices rise at reset. It is a real good time to sell if you are not going to use it.

I used mine, got the avatar, but no great amount of nps, so no trophy this time.

Gloat: I got 2 trophies at reset.
Third place at Sorcerers' Skirmish (I tried desperately all day to get gold, as my high score is a reset gold trophy score, but I just couldn't get that score again). Frustrating!!

Second place at Double or Nothing (This was a spur of the moment attempt, as I hate these type of games, so I just sat watching tv and just kept clicking through 2 hours of my movie until I hit a trophy spot).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:23 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I forgot to actually sell the nerkmid. Doh! And I won't be around for July's reset. Double doh!

Gloat: I've made about 1.5M in the Food Club over the past week or so. No huge wins, but a lot of 20-something:10 to 40-something:10 wins, which add up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:36 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Won a Scroll of Knowledge from the WoK. :)

A nice little upgrade for my Scroll of Nova.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:46 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I've made another ~3M in stock sales (mostly) and Food Club this week. I might beat inflation and earn enough for collateral for an MSPP eventually* -- except I don't know how I would actually turn that into collateral because of trade/auction limits. Guess I'll worry about that bridge when I get to it.

*Eventually being another 5 years at least at the rate I'm going...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:24 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I finally found my 'magma time'. I knew it had to be a time when I am usually in bed. So I am pulling another all nighter, and while I was playing KQ, I kept trying the Magma Pool, and finally at 4.15 am my time, I got in.

I don't really like magma pets, but now I can get rid of bad paint jobs the lab might give (, ie, the last one was Swamp Gas).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:21 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Wow, Daze, you must really hate a color to get up at 4am to get rid of it!

I just made another 1.7M in the stock market. I'm actually nearing the point where the bank boon might pay off better than the stock boon.

My Food Club streak has continued. I would have gotten at least a silver trophy (tied with my current) had I started holding when the streak began. Ah, well. The NP are sitting pretty in my bank, at any rate.

Cry: I only got one "third round" monthly competition game, even though I won all 3 first-round games. (And last month I didn't "place" in any of the tournaments.) At least they were all move-or-lose wins, though the Kacheekers one was actually played out a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:34 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'Island Mystic' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Yay! Another random avi down.

Quote:
Wow, Daze, you must really hate a color to get up at 4am to get rid of it!

I was still awake, I pulled an all-nighter, so I tried for it and was lucky enough to get it on that night. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:31 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I actually mapped out all my Moltara worm times over a few days when that daily first came out. I've since lost the final, but I have my pink and black times mostly memorized. It's a little annoying if I can't get them at my usual times to try to find the white one, but the pink and black times are all between 8am and 12-something am for me (and I'm pretty sure that's in the early part of 12-something; I rarely miss all the other times to have to rely on that one). The pink can be tricky because it only appears between 10:45 and 2:50 pm, with one extra time at ~8:10pm, which means I can easily miss all of them (see: yesterday, when I just plain forgot to get the pink one). My Magma time is 5:30 or 5:40pm, I think, which is lucky. Maybe I should magmatize Grainne just because... It can't look any worse than her current color she's been stuck as forever.

I guess I should get on topic. Congrats on the avvie, Daze. Gloat: I made a new record balance in my bank account. Cry: I might lose that balance with my Food Club bets today; I've only made 36:30 the past 3 days because of two days of nothing.

ETA 6/20: I'm 2 moves away from winning my Kacheekers game. I'm up 7 pieces, including 2 kings, and their only moves result in me jumping them in 1-2 moves. And they won't give up. *sigh* At this point, there's no strategy, no mistake I could make, nothing for them to possibly learn by dragging out the inevitable. I wouldn't mind so much if it didn't keep glitching and undoing my turns. Maybe I'll actually get a trophy this month, but who knows...

Last edited by Siniri on Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Not really a gloat or a cry for me (though definitely a cry for a poor unfortunate other user):
I was pricing codestones, and saw one at 1np, so I ran to the shop and snagged it. Suddenly a ton of super expensive items (read: high-end battledome weapons, a MP, etc) started populating in the shop at 1np. I was like....!??! I missed the first batch of them just in shock, but then it occurred to me, this wasn't right. I've seen Mr P do this a ton of times - think he had selected to remove one, when he was actually pricing at 1np each. I checked the shop source to make sure there wasn't any scam code in place - there wasn't. Then, I snagged as many as I could until the shop started correctly pricing items. Once I saw the 1np items were no longer happening, I neomailed the user, asking if they had *meant* to put in a ton of items at 1np each. Sure enough, they hadn't - it had been a glitch with refreshing! I'm happy to say I've been able to return at least *some* of the poor Neopian's lost items, though I really wish I could've grabbed them all and gotten them back to them! (The other user insisted on giving me one of the items I'd saved for them in the end. If I thought it wouldn't have been rude, I'd've sent it back, too!)

A gloat for myself, though: 5 more trainings (including the one currently in progress) at most before I hit my battle pet's HP goal! :D

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:14 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Argentiisiima got lab zapped into a Shadow Xweetok! I've now fallen so in love with her that she's not going back to the pound for someone to take, though, which means the end of my pet-fostering.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

HUGE gloat:
:) :) :) I made it to my training goal!!! (With 23 extra codestones, which I'm now selling off - mostly at a significantly higher price than I paid for them as they've gone up due to the AC).

My battle pet is now sitting with a plethora of hit points, the max boost in both strength and defence (and then some), and a fairly decent set. Whether or not I'll continue training, I'm not sure at this point. For sure, I'll be waiting for codestone prices to go back down again before I even consider it. Bring on a real battle plot...with increasing hit points...and let's see what she can do! :D

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:22 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'm not seeing the connection between the AC and the codestone price rise-- it's not a battle plot; why does it do that?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:22 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Congrats, Pickles! I really should spend more money on training so I can start zapping again.

I won 104:10 (over 900k) in the Food Club today. I wish I'd started saving on the 24th (30:10) for a trophy run, but since I probably won't have computer access next week, I decided to try not to play what-ifs and collect every day so I don't accidentally lose out on the winnings.

My bank account is so flush right now thanks to a lucky Food Club month + some stock sales. I think I've made at least 5M this month, and it wasn't that long ago I was 10M poorer. Craaaazzzzy. I really wish I'd started Food Clubbing earlier; it's fantastically fun, super-quick, and the best NP earner I've ever found, especially considering the time I put into it. And I finally wrote some tricky long formulas in Excel to auto-calculate nearly everything for me -- all I have to do is input the day's pirates, starting odds, adjusted odds, and the potential bets I'd like to make (also semi-automated thanks to autofill and having all their names typed above each column in hidden cells, so I only need to type a few letters), and the bets with the highest odds and best payouts are highlighted for easy selection -- and I even have any bets that cost less than my max (due to the 1M winnings cap) auto-highlighted so I don't overbet. I can input info into my spreadsheet, pick my bets, and make them in less than 10 minutes. And I average more than 60k a day (over the long-term) in pure profit for those 10 minutes of work.

CW: many people are skipping daily battling (and Keyquest, too, I'd imagine) due to the AC, so there are fewer codestones being generated from those activities. I guess they're still training though, so decreased supply + stable demand -> higher prices.

ETA: 96:10 in Food Club today. I'd be sitting on 230:30 for 3 days' of holdings, which would be an amazing position for a trophy run, except I probably won't be able to collect on the first. At least the NP are making my bank account even prettier.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next