Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Neopets Gloats and Cries [Split 2]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:25 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Managed to get a bronze trophy in Test Your Strength. I just need two more trophies to fill up my fourth row.

And I got a battle faerie quest. Since my strength was only brought up to 797 (eek) and it only cost <7k, I went ahead and did it for the HP and defense. I have to weight very carefully any further quests I get.

Cry: Ninja asked for double zeds this morning, so no more training for 24 hours.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:53 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Just restocked a Mutant Staff of Foulness for 10K. :)

I have wanted to buy both this stafff and the Mutant Staff of Darkness but didn't want to pay the high price.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:03 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

With a bang, a Dark Faerie appears. "Get me Purple Sand Rake. Don't ask questions and maybe I won't turn you into a Blechy."

2HP for 2100 NP? Yes, please! And thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:28 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Won my Kacheekers game without any trouble, so assuming we actually get week 2 games, at least in Kacheekers and Armada, I'm moving on. :)

Unfortunately, my Geos partner is a turd. He makes about 1 move every 12 hours (meaning I can't move/lose him), and when I neomailed to find out when a good time would be to finish the game, he wouldn't set up a time. I've tried to catch him via neomail within 5-10 minutes of his last move, but he hasn't responded. If you're not going to set up a time and play the game properly, you shouldn't be playing, and you should have the courtesy to just click on the "I Give Up" option, as these games DO NOT WORK when you only make one move every 12 hours. Mildly irritated. /endrant

ETA: Didn't get second round emails. Geos game is still sitting around. I've completed two shapes and am several moves into my third and he's only done one shape. Maybe we'll actually finish this game by the end of this week? If that even makes a difference...

ETA2: :) Have had ridiculously good luck at the lab lately (haven't lost stats since last month), and just did a FQ quest for only 350nps. My battle pet's hps have been going up pretty fast lately, yay!

ETA3: "Your opponent has not moved in over 24 hours for the third time. Click here and you will be declared the winner." Didn't know that was a possibility, but at least I won the Geos game, even if it took nearly 2 weeks. Dunno what that means in the way of the tournament, as I haven't gotten any more games.

I shouldn't have said anything about the lab luck...it of course started taking away stats as soon as I did.

Going to have to restock on codestones again soon, BUT, I'm totally cool with that, as I've managed to hit an all-time high in my bank account in the last few weeks (thanks to some luck in the battledome, finding/selling a lab map piece, and selling some stocks).

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:04 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Just got an earth faerie quest. Unfortunately, two strengths would bump me to the next codestone level, so I had to turn it down. Good thing I can math, I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:11 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Today must be Dubloon day for me.

Buried Treasure: 1 Dubloon
Coltzan's Shrine: 1 Dubloon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:17 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Red Poogle Morphing Potion from the Negg Cave today.

I mis-bet in Food Club yesterday, and the one bet I left off was the bet that would have won -- 80:10 (which is over 600k for me). That really, really hurt!

ETA: The secret ninja school has been very generous in giving +2 bonuses; it gave them 3 trainings in a row. Unfortunately, that means that Grainne's endurance has caught up to her strength. I can't train anything else until she gains 1 level, but if she gains more than a single level, she'll be bumped up to 3 red codestones, so I'm scared to train her (especially given the school's recent generosity -- I do not want to wake up at 3am trying to lose the Count Von Roo avatar). I've got a stockpile of scratchcards, so I'm just hoping eventually I'll win a level and it goes to her. Two days so far of nothing. It's frustrating not being able to train or lab. *sigh*

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

In a conundrum. Sunday, I got a fountain faerie quest from my cookie. Then I got another one yesterday (!!?!!) which I haven't completed yet as it'll overwrite the current available fountain trip. I'm trying to figure out if I want to get another set of P/B only clothing, or if I want to morph my labbie into the right species for one of the avatar pets and paint it the right color. Guess I've got to decide soon, or I won't be able to get today's quest!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:34 am 
Administrator
Administrator

That's a conundrum alright. Want to make my poogle pink? :P

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
That's a conundrum alright. Want to make my poogle pink? :P
I think TNT said in an editorial that using FFQ for friends was "not allowed" or I totally would. :( Though now I might have an idea on what to get you for Neo-Christmas! ;)

Sigh. My labbie was SO pretty...but then I went and did this to her:
...I *hate hate hate* Quiggles! Bleh! I think their original name was much more appropriate! They do look like frogs that were stomped on!

Ah well, avvie obtained.
Quote:
Something Has Happened!
ImageYou are now eligible to use 'Island Quiggle' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

<morphs her back into a Kougra and debates actually buying a snow p/b just because that random lab zap the other day was actually pretty nice> ...since when were Snow P/B's only 12k? Seriously? <buys for the heck of it and redresses her up to look pretty again> <smudges memory of her being an Island Quiggle for about 5 minutes out of my mind>

ETA:
Cry: Got a Battle Faerie Quest today...for an item that was released a week ago. Needless to say, I had to turn it down. Ah well.

ETA2: Codestone prices are up a bit again. Took 2.1 mil to restock up to 20 of each. Of course...I only had a single Sho left in my SDB. Ah well. Back to regular training!

Also, BLEH. Lab turned my pet into a yellow techo. Ew, ew, ew!!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:54 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

After several days of trying scratchcards, I decided to take the risk of training Grainne's level. I've never been so thankful to only get one level before! Now I'm training her defense. Only ~30 trainings to go to get everything evened up, and then I can start training HP (and soon after, labbing) again. And then she'll retire from defense training, because armoured neggs will be cheaper at that point (I've been hoarding negg tokens, so she's already good for 11 trainings). (I guess I should check the prices of other training alternatives, though I'm pretty sure that's the only one that's cheaper than 3 reds.)

Today's gloat: won 2500 NP at the Fruit Machine (which I've heard several people recently get stat boosts from, for big wins -- guess I'm glad I haven't gotten any of those).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:08 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Major gloat: I have a Pink Poogle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:30 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I just calculated the cost per stat of item training for all the available items. The cheapest defense training is armoured neggs at 41.6k/stat (followed closely by bbq porkwich, at 46k/stat). For strength: bubbling fungus at 25.6k/stat (followed closely by jar of forest earth, at 32.4k/stat). For movement: scroll of the ancients at 49.6k/stat (includes 1 strength, which was valued at 25.6k off the price, and 2 intelligence, which was valued at 0NP), followed by Illusens forest essence at 66.7k/stat. The cheapest HP is snegg at 80.4k/stat (includes 2.5 movement, valued at 49.6k/stat off the price), followed by Faerie Queen negg at 120k/stat. The cheapest level is Irritable Genie-In-A-Bottle at 175k/stat, followed by super negg at 190k/stat (includes 2HP and 2 movement, valued according to the above off the total price).

The average cost per red codestone is currently 17,367, so it's better to item-train strength starting at 2 reds (whoops... though when I checked, bubbling fungus was more, and I never actually *trained* strength, it just ran away all on its own). It's better to item-train defense and movement (movement is assuming you also want strength) starting at 3 reds. It's better to item-train HP starting at 5 reds (assuming you also want movement; if not, it's better to codestone-train HP). And it's always better to codestone-train level.

In short, what this means is that once I finish training my defense and movement to the next boost, and tip over into 3-red training, I can zap away as much as I like, not worrying about balancing my stats, since I'll be item-training everything but HP and level, and the ninja school will force me to keep those trainings "balanced." (At least until I approach 5-red territory, at which point I'll consider whether I want more movement and whether I should switch to item-training HP.)

Since I'm already at the max boost for everything, I probably won't actually train strength/defense/movement anymore, but I might start buying the items as an investment (and in case more boosts are released, so I can either sell or train up). So this is a gloat to celebrate the fact that I'm (nearly) into the magical HP/level only training, where gains are rapid.

Last edited by Siniri on Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Good info there, Siniri! By Bubbling healing goo, I'm assuming you meant Bubbling Fungus? I may start looking at hp training by neggs here soon - I'm quickly approaching the 5 codestone trainings (like, within the next 3 weeks or so). I'm pretty much not actively training anything except level and HP now, at any rate, though I would like to eventually get my mov stats up to par with str and def. It's getting there, just slowly.

Anyways, Gloat: Won 10k off Faerie Caverns today...and then another 10k at the Forgotten Shore. :)

Bigger gloat: Managed to get lucky enough this month to upgrade my NBL trophy to gold. Yay! No more waiting for pure dumb luck on that one anymore! :D

Cry: Not likely to get any monthly tourny trophies, as I didn't even get a second round (5th week) neomail for a game I actually played and won first round, and didn't get into the third round at all (3rd week). Sigh. Guess I'll try again...

ETA:
Quote:
Congratulations. You came in 3rd in the Armada Competition. You have won a trophy and 2500 NP's. The Multiplayer Setup Admin
Huh? I played and won one game...?
I'll take the trophy anyways, but wow, buggy!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:26 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Third place in Armada (should have been a first; I won two games outright and won the other two by move-or-lose) and third place in Geos (not sure why I got this one, but whatever). I now have 4 full rows of game trophies. Woot!

P.S. The 5k is nice, except that I had one random event during one of my Armada games -- a mewing Kadoatie, whose owner I had to pay 5k to take it away. So it was actually a wash. Still, trophies are nice.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next