Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Dare 2013
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Daze wrote:
Congrats Blue. :)
...AAA's Prize
Orange Negg

That's interesting. I received a Blue Negg from AAA
Now, isn't that ironic? :P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:09 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Naaww.. that is so cute... A Blue Negg for Blue. :D

Day 15 Bruno's Backwoods Breakaway.

I got Chad's score. The prize (Neovian Strength Potion) is selling for over 300K. It gives +4 strength.

Day and Date prize was +2 speed or Vial of the Deep Forest (multiple use - Defends 5 earth and 5 dark).

I took the speed again, but bought the other item to shove in my SDB.

I haven't played this game in ages, so didn't quite make AAA's score straight away, so will have to try again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:32 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I managed to get AAA's score on my second run-through, finishing two levels I hadn't ever played before (with only 2 lives). On the last level I played, I only got 8 of the potions because the ninth was hidden behind a trick wall (you had to tap your wand on a certain brick and tickle the pear while holding your nose), but because I deposited each level's potions at the cave only after I'd collected them all, I was able to beat AAA by depositing the 8 I had collected. I then tried the trick wall but of course got killed while trying.

AAA finally gave me the relaxing Kiko Lake background. So pretty! But I put it in my gallery right away.

I just checked all the games, and I still need to beat AAA in four of them: Kookia, Attack of the Revenge, Crisis Courier, and Shenkuu Tangram. Better get cracking and stop slacking!

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tally ho. I used JN's picture guide for the levels I didn't know, and made it to a 3250. Another one that was pretty easy, and didn't take a ton of time - which was nice, as I've got a lot of cleaning to do today.

Took the movement - and remembered to change to my battle pet first, and went ahead and bought the other item while buying Abi's for this game, too. Caught up with buying all the extras, wahoo.
AAA gave me Essence of Drackonack. Ironic - a strength booster with a strength booster... ;)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:42 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 16: Freaky Factory.

I did get the avatar for this years ago, but struggle with the game now. I did finally manage Chad's score.

Hurrah!

This was your prize for defeating Chadley (and a nice trouncing it was):
Abigail's Prize
Friendly Soap Bar

Chadley's Prize
Factory Failure Figure

Day and Date Prize
Freaky Factory Tubing Garland

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:49 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I managed to beat Chad on my third game, but it'll take more practice to get AAA. *sigh* Make that 5 games where I still need AAA.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've been practicing this one for a few days. Of course, I've been able to get over 1200 the last several days on my second or third try. Today it took me 6-7 tries to just get over 1k. Finally did it though. AAA gave me a Basic Potion Brewing.

Not looking forward to tomorrow's game. Hope the scores aren't *too* high for it. I've been practicing...but still.

ETA: All remaining games seem to be all known now, if anyone is interested:
Thursday: Virtupets - Escape to Kreludor
Friday: Terror Mountain (Team challenge day) - Ice Cream Machine
Saturday: Neopia Central - Spellseeker
Sunday: Kiko Lake - Kiko Match II

These have been guessed based on the following found items:
Escape to Kreludor Cereal
Spaceship Galaxy Bundle
Ice Cream Potion
Spellseeker Wizard Beard
Cheery Kiko Balloon
Giant Kiko Cookies of DOOM

Credit: neoboards

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Thanks for the heads up Pickles. :)

Day 17: Escape to Kreludor.

Definitely Abi for me. My highest is a couple of hundred below Chad.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

This game is evil, evil, evil. I knew it was coming, and I've been getting progressively better. I managed to get an 1185 this morning while Mr. P was entertaining Little P, but AAA's score...I'm just so not sure it'll happen. It'll be a darned shame if I only miss out on this one game, though!

Looks like AAA is coming back tomorrow, hence why all the sudden we'll start having "normal" daily dare games again. Dunno what that means for Chadley's scores, etc, but yeah.

Anyways, my best tips are:
Make sure you get a purple or white gem on the first two levels. And that you can get to them. The extra life or extra 50 points helps a LOT. Restart if you don't get them. (Even if it's purple-purple, that's still an extra 100 points. I know a lot of people on the boards are restarting if they don't get an extra life in the first two levels, too.) The other power-ups are pretty worthless in the first 2-3 levels.
Use "empulse" to destroy everything in a 1-square radius. It won't destroy comets, but it doesn't leave debris, and can be very useful on later levels.
The only way to get rid of comets is to get a blue power up which will "downgrade" them to a stationary meteor. Watch out, as comets can kill you even if you kill the last ship. (EX: comet is one space away, you shoot the ship, the comet still kills you even though the level should be over.)
On the later levels, try to get to one of the corners. Yes, warping is dangerous...but if you can get a clear path to a corner, you're likely to kill a lot of the grey ships on the way and keep away from the comet. (If you do this, aim for a corner that has no comet.)
Other than that, once you kinda know the patterns the different ships take, you can use that to your advantage. The rest is unfortunately luck.

Good luck, everyone!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:46 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Actually, even though it looks like the comet is killing you, you don't lose a life (or at least I don't).

My first score was a 1060. It took forever to get over 1k again (1020), and then not too long and I got a 1080. *sigh* I don't even care about AAA; I just want my gold.

Oh, and I get a purple for the first 4-5 levels. If I get an extra life, I use it to see if I get a purple (unless it's level 4 or 5, then I hold on to the extra life). Otherwise, I start over.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:30 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Pickles wrote:
Looks like AAA is coming back tomorrow, hence why all the sudden we'll start having "normal" daily dare games again. Dunno what that means for Chadley's scores, etc, but yeah.

Yep. Heading to DD this afternoon, I got a popup with AAA saying,
AAA wrote:
Oh, Sweet Irony

Looks like my little sister has been running a gaming event without me! And now she wants help. Well, summer camp was getting old anyway. It should only take me a day to get over to Daily Dare

I also made a huge mistake yesterday. Since Freaky Factory was double dare and my high score is ~150 higher than Chad, I went for Chad... And can NOT get higher than 569. Level 5 kills me every time. The last game, I needed blue and a blue blob didn't show up for the last 1/4 of the timer :x

ETA: 618. Gaaa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:48 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Blue, I hope you get FF soon. It took me a few plays before I got back into the swing of it. Take a break; don't get too frustrated.

Finally. A 1220. I don't think I'll be trying for AAA. That game is too much luck. Thankfully, I had 1025 with 2 lives left, with my empulse. After using it, I had 1065, and the purple gem started 2 spaces away from me. I jumped on that bad boy! And actually, you get points for taking out the baddies when they fly into you, so if you're going to die, you may as well go out with a bang, taking as many with you as possible (I find the best strategy is to shoot, instead of move -- more will move towards you, and you might get some combos from the debris).

P.S. I totally envy those who have already challenged Abigail. It makes it a little easier to handle the tough games; after struggling with so many others, there was no way I was going to fail today.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:25 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 18: Ice Cream Machine.

I could have gone for Chad but just got lazy and went for Abi. Her team prize is worth just as much as Chad's, so I haven't lost anything.

Hurrah!

You and your partner answered Abigail's challenge, and these were your rewards:
Abigail's Prize
Ice Cream Cone Mug of Cocoa

Day and Date Prize
Brain Freeze - The Story of Too Much Ice Cream

Abigail Team Prize
Ice Cream Scoop Tree

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:04 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

This should have been easy, but my computer decided to stop recognizing my mouse my first game, and then do some crazy mouse-skidding during the next 3 games. Finally managed to beat AAA in that fourth game despite the 3 mouse skids before reaching his score (and another 2 after...). Still pretty quick and easy compared to yesterday. But that avatar is so far away, especially with my crappy mouse...

Most years I get a lot of lag (and therefore instant death) when this game rolls around for DD. Thankful I didn't have any issues today.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:09 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Finally got 697 on FF! Good enough for Chadley. Done. Moving on.

I learned my lesson with FF, and just went with Abi on Ice Cream Machine. My HS is 7,265 but I didn't want to take the risk of taking on AAA. I had a few mouse issues on my game, too, Siniri. However, even after dying 3x in the blueberry round, it was enough to get 3,870 - much much higher than needed for Abi. Best part is: Abi's prize is a nice new mug for my gallery! Yay!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next