Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Dare 2013
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:00 am 

Administrative Note:

Due to the site crash and subsequent loss of data, the posts between August 1 and August 6 were lost forever. This thread has been painstakingly restored through all available Google cached pages, but posts between those dates were missing and could not be restored.

~Blue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:26 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Today is another Double Dare. Maths Nightmare. Chad: 2600, Abi: 1000, AAA: 4200.

Tips: Try Maths Nightmare on Division/Potato Counter difficulty - end of round 3 and 7 the timer resets. Get passed round 10 and you can use this cheat "letimiyasleep" to reset the timer again.

Also, your send-able score is double the game score, so if you have 1300 in the game, it doubles to 2600, which is enough for Chad.

My highscore is 3600, so hopefully I can do this one.

Edit: Managed 5720 and got AAA's prize.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:31 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yay, an easy one! I had to play it twice because I forgot to challenge Chadley before I played the first time. Both times I came in 40 shy of my high score of 5880.

I chose the strength boost after checking the price of the plushie (18.5k now, but I suspect it will fall later today, before rising again). AAA gave me an orange negg this time.

I do not even understand the high score table of this game. I suppose you must play on a harder difficulty than potato x division. The avatar seems so impossible (I read one guide in which they got it with an assistant punching the equations into a calculator for them while they typed the answers in, which is of course cheating).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:41 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Siniri wrote:
I do not even understand the high score table of this game. I suppose you must play on a harder difficulty than potato x division. The avatar seems so impossible (I read one guide in which they got it with an assistant punching the equations into a calculator for them while they typed the answers in, which is of course cheating).

You only need to be in the top 50 when the trophies are given out. I got this avatar when it was released and before today my high score was only 3600. Of course, 1st of the month is always the best time to try. :)

For a trophy spot, yes, playing on the hard difficulty (braintree) gains you more points.

On a side note, I wouldn't consider using a calculator cheating. After all, most would use an anagram solver for Eliv Thade. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:05 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Daze wrote:
You only need to be in the top 50 when the trophies are given out. I got this avatar when it was released and before today my high score was only 3600. Of course, 1st of the month is always the best time to try. :)

For a trophy spot, yes, playing on the hard difficulty (braintree) gains you more points.

On a side note, I wouldn't consider using a calculator cheating. After all, most would use an anagram solver for Eliv Thade. :)

Top 50 right now is in the 7000's. I forgot to try this game on the 1st. Maybe next month.

It wasn't the calculator that I thought was cheating so much as the extra person helping them play the game. If you use the calculator by yourself, no big deal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, that was easy. Probably too easy for the AAA score - the AAA prizes are going to deflate like mad today. On the other hand, it was nice to not have to spend a ton of time on it, and now I can take a much needed nap while Little P does.

Blue, if you wanted a Chadley day to get your silver, this would be the easiest we've had so far.

Siniri wrote:
It wasn't the calculator that I thought was cheating so much as the extra person helping them play the game. If you use the calculator by yourself, no big deal.
Yeah, having a second person to help does reek of cheating on this game.

One thing I have noticed (in case the rest of you haven't) - this DD is not picking the "standard" games. We've skipped a lot of the ones that are "regulars" - Dubloon Disaster, Faerie Bubbles, Faerie Cloud Racers, Kass Basher, Turmac Roll, Ultimate Bullseye 2 (to name the ones off hand that have been pretty regular, but we've already done the worlds they are from).

That being said, though, the AAA scores of games that we have had in previous years have been 1.5 to 2 times (or more) the previously needed AAA scores, with most of them leaning on the 2 times side... :o

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Thanks Daze for the Division/Potato tip. Thanks also for the "Your score send is 2x the score you get" tip as well. I played once and got a meager 2,000. But then, that is of course 4,000 sent. Plenty enough for Chad :)

For what its worth, I now have 2x Chad. Chad's Kookia score was a cake-walk compared to last year's AAA score. My "awful" score of 60k was easily better than Chad's.

I still need to go back for Skirmish. I'll do that after I re-read a guide. I know it's an easy 7k with the right strategy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:12 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Today's isn't too bad. The guides say to try not to miss any targets, but even if you miss on the early rounds (easy to do), you can make up for it in the later rounds. I set a new high score of 4127, finishing the game. I focused on not dying, and ignored the laser, slow-down, and enlarge power-ups. I only got the others if I could do so safely (trying really hard for the shield).

ETA: 1119 on Attack of the Revenge today. Slowly creeping up there. Haven't touched Kookia; I loathe that game so much.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Uuuugh. After over an hour of playing, at least I beat Chadley's score.

The other thing to know... DO NOT PRESS SPACEBAR in between levels. It automatically fires a shot at the start of the round, which hits a building and thus destroys your streak. Clicking the mouse will work instead.

I may or may not try this again today. I'd like to beat AAA...but this was much much much ickiness for me.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:57 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

115.8k on Kookia. I can't get over ~37k for the first round, and the fourth round freezes on me, making me die. Guess I could try it at the library at some point, but I don't know. That game is too dependent on one's computer/connection speed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kookia is a bugger. I'm assuming you've tried different combos of resolution and size, Siniri?

Made it. 3085. I now loathe that game more than trying to get the AAA score for Kookia. Much. Much. More.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:16 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 12: Crisis Courier. Chad: 4000, Abi: 1200, AAA: 10,000.

My all-time highscore is 3975 and that took me almost all day last DD to get. Never again! Abi it is.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:36 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

My high score is 4175. I just got a 2125 on my first attempt, and I lost all my lives due to mouse malfunctions and adjusting to the new game play. I think it shouldn't be too tough for me. Apparently they slowed down the YY in the game, which makes it a little easier (but also decreases the amount of bonuses you can collect -- watch out with the mutant YYs, the first time I got one, it ended before I reached the end of the line of baddies I was killing = lost life).

ETA: You may want to beat Chad on your first game, then try for AAA. Some people are having their AAA scores reviewed. (That's not going to be a problem for me, since I have to get 150% higher than my all-time high to beat AAA.)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Okay the change in pace actually threw me for a loop. I thought it was just me, but that really didn't make sense cause I've gotten a faster computer since the last time I played it. On the other hand, the slow down DID make it easier once I got used to it, and I beat my previous high score by nearly 3k, sufficient enough for AAA. He gave me a Broken Stained Glass Window Background. Meh. My worst prize yet.

Also, I finally got the guts up to try that stupid Qasalan Caper game again and managed to have a good run the first time through...saw my score went just barely over 2400 (2406) and just ended the game and sent it before I started losing points to Lyins. AAA gave me a Tyrannian Flora Foreground. Also, meh. I've definitely had better prizes than these two.

On the plus side, now I'm back to having beat AAA in everything. Wasn't sure I was going to be lucky enough to get the Qasalan Caper one or not.

ETA: for Crisis Courier, don't forget that "kingaltador" gives you an extra life!

ETA2: For anyone interested...it seems like some of the upcoming games are (based on items found - some of which have the game name in the item name):
Shenkuu Tangram (tomorrow - Shenkuu)
Magax Destroyer (either Mon or Tues - Haunted Woods or Neovia)
Escape to Kreludor (Weds or Thurs - Kreludor or Space Station)
Freaky Factory (Weds or Thurs - Kreludor or Space Station)
Spellseekers (next Saturday - Neopia Central)

There's not much option for Kiko Lake - it'll either be Kiko Match or Tubular Kiko Racing next Sunday.
That leaves one Haunted Woods or Neovia (Mon or Tues) game unknown, and the Terror Mountain (Friday) game unknown.

Credit: neoboards and JellyNeo

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:29 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

5105. New high score without even really trying to adjust to the new settings or get all the points (I lost all but 1 life by the end of round 2 thanks to mouse skids and losing power-ups, so I played rather conservatively after that). I think AAA is possible, but I'm pooped (I was in training all day).

I took apart my (optical) mouse because it's been acting up so much lately. I had the mouse for about 6 months before my cat died (in 2007), but the area under the scroll-wheel was full of cat hair. After cleaning out the hair and dust (and removing the scroll-clicking spring, which had long ago fallen out, and had wedged itself under the circuit board), the left-clicking issues and spontaneous "the mouse is getting no signal" issues seem to be gone. (Though the mouse nonrecognition issue comes and goes, so I'll have to see if it's really gone for good -- I'm hopeful it might have been caused by the loose spring bouncing around).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next