Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hiatuses and Price Shifts
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:08 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The changes in the Neopian economy over time are fascinating to me. For example:

I've been on Neopets for a very long time on one account or another (lost one when they added the birthdays) and my favorite of my accounts disappeared in the purge-- so I recreated Melisandale and went pricing paintbrushes so she could be pink again. When I found out how expensive pink paintbrushes are now, I looked at all the other Aisha colors and remembered the original plan had been to paint her Disco, but Disco paintbrushes were really expensive back then and pink was pretty cheap, so she became pink until I saved enough to paint her Disco. Now it looks she'll be getting that Disco paint job after all, in her new incarnation something like five years after the first-- because now, Disco paintbrushes are only about 400k on the Trading Post, and pink paintbrushes are somewhere up in the millions.

It's always really interesting to see how the prices have shifted after I've been gone for a long time. I remember still when a piece of the lab map went for only around 10,000NP... but that was a long, long time ago, even before I had the original Melisandale.

What did you come back to see was priced differently?

Post subject: Re: Hiatuses and Price Shifts
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:07 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
That's a great question!

One thing I've noticed over the years: RS-ing books from the shops used to be a safe bet for a quick profit, but that is now no longer worthwhile.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:17 am 

I remember the Christmas paint brush and a few of the transmogrification potions being some of the options for poor neopians who wanted to paint their pets. iirc They were priced in the range of, like, 3,000 to 8,000np or so. :0

This was a super long time ago, though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:38 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Disco paintbrushes are given out by Keyquest now, so that explains their price drop.

The worst for me was when I saved up pretty intensively to buy a pirate paint brush for 12M. I actually beat my goal (thanks largely to stocks, Habitarium, and some luck on Keyquest/dailies) by a few months, buying just before the Altador Cup started. Then the AC prize that year was... a pirate paint brush. Pirate paint brushes are now given out in some of the new Krawk Island dailies, so they're very affordable. Now I'm saving up for an island Mynci, but I'm not in any hurry because I'm saving on training costs by zapping as well as using the academy. I'm sure whenever I do finally morph and paint my pet, MI pb's will be given out en masse, too.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:48 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Blue wrote:
That's a great question!

One thing I've noticed over the years: RS-ing books from the shops used to be a safe bet for a quick profit, but that is now no longer worthwhile.

That's one of the eventualities of most economies: everyone who wants a thing will eventually have it, making the need for mass production pointless. In the real world, we have far too many cars, computers, phones, etc. that the need to continue buying is void. Also, too expensive. Some weeks ago I was wandering a store and saw a simple lamp for $40. I could have bought 3 or 4 for that price at a resale shop.

In terms of price shifts, most of my shocks are from my shop when I need to change the prices around. I've seen items drop in the thousands. Given I never delved too much in the trading market yet, that's pretty much it. Also, on the pirate paint brush story...what? :o

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]