Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Neopets Gloats and Cries [Split 1]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:58 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I was clicking through the Food Club results and was all set up to win 48:10... as long as Bonnie, with an 83% chance of winning, actually won the final arena. Instead, the only 13+:1 pirate (<8% chance of winning) won -- the one I didn't even put any safeties on, because his chances were so low. So that 48:10 turned into 0:10.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:06 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In Shenkuu, munching on Mint Rolls and drinking Black Cherry Tea.
Sold many stocks of SHRX after realizing that it dropped 20 points today. I could have earned more, but hey, what's there to complain if I have more NP now to invest?

Plus I got 15,000 NP from the Fruit Machine. Today is a pretty good Neo day!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:04 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I won ~380k from a safety playing Food Club today. When I went to deposit it, Dr. Sloth handed me a quiggle transmogrification potion. While trying to price it (couldn't find one on-site, but JN says 100k), I got a Fire Faerie quest and +2 str for 9.8k. Which means that 380k is suddenly worth 530k! Woohoo! Not bad for only spending <15 min. total on Neopets today!

ETA: I just got the Feed Florg avatar! Woohoo! Final score: 261. That one was a long time coming. After you reach a certain skill level, it just comes down to luck, really. I also won 34:10 (~190k net) in Food Club today.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:20 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
10k at the Forgotten Shore today :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:08 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Quote:
Round Bet Info Amount Odds Winnings
5202 Shipwreck: Gooblah the Grarrl
Treasure Island: Scurvy Dan the Blade
Harpoon Harry's: Buck Cutlass
7904 NP 8:1 63232 NP

Hidden Cove: Ned the Skipper
7904 NP 96:1 758784 NP

Lagoon: Federismo Corvallio
7904 NP 24:1 189696 NP

Total Winnings 1011712 NP

Yep. I won huge in Food Club today! Going to try for a trophy upgrade this week by hanging on to this win; if I can average at least 16;10 the next 7 days, I think I have a good shot at 2nd place.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Siniri wrote:
Yep. I won huge in Food Club today! Going to try for a trophy upgrade this week by hanging on to this win; if I can average at least 16;10 the next 7 days, I think I have a good shot at 2nd place.
The appreciation I have for your success is grand, though my mood doesn't show it too well. Regardless, I'm happy you have netted big, and hope you jump over this next hurdle with ease. :evil:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:11 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I won a Pirate Draik Egg from the Forgotten Shore. :)

I can't even sell it for 2 mill. :(

I know I should be so happy to win anything decent, but I feel kind of sad that I have to sell it for under 2 million, when before they could be won so easily you can sell between 10 - 15 million.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:37 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
10k at the Forgotten Shore today :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:03 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm in the running for a 3rd place trophy in Korbats Lab! At the rate I'm slipping down the score table, I probably won't actually get the trophy, but I hopefully have the avatar locked. Here's hoping I see it tomorrow morning! That would be my second game avvie this month (I got the Feed Florg one recently)!

ETA: Woohoo! Avatar unlocked! With over 15 places to spare.

ETA 8/5: I just got my first wish fulfilled! I've been wishing at least once a day for the Mysterious Forest Clearing background since it was released, and I finally got it today. I need better things to go with it, but I love the lighting:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:58 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Congrats on all your good fortunes lately Siniri. :) I really like that background. I might try for it myself (haven't won anything from the WW yet).

I don't know whether to gloat or cry about this - I have 5 weapons worth 1 million+ nps all from site events, which I don't need, so I have been trying to sell them.

Two of them I let go for 200K cheaper than the going price and the other 3 wont sell for the price I have on them.

What is the point in making enough event points to buy them, when you can't sell them and make a profit? Might have to re-think what I buy next time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:41 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Daze, I think a lot of people are unloading weapons now that the war has ended and they've realized they can win boons with minimal sets -- red codestone prices are finally dropping again, too (despite people leveling up quickly to transition into reds since training with 1 red is cheaper than training with ~3-4 regulars right now). So I think it's just not a good time to sell. We'll probably have to wait at least a year or two before the next plot with battling, so I don't know if it's worth it to you to wait that long. (TNT has also been giving out a lot of really nice weapons lately in pretty big quantities, which makes old plot prizes depreciate since there are cheaper alternatives. If this trend continues, the prizes may not go back up too much even during a plot/war -- though the war inflation seems to get worse each time, too, so I don't know.)

Also, certain items are currently broken (especially stealing items), so if you're trying to sell any of those, definitely hold on until TNT fixes it. (Yeah, my heavy robe of thievery is totally worthless right now...)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:28 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Whoo! I can't believe it. I only wished for this yesterday, after seeing your post Siniri. :)

Congratulations! Your wish has really come true! That donation of 21 NeoPoints you made to the Neopian Wishing
Well was worth it, because you have been granted the following item : Mysterious Forest Clearing Background . It will be in your inventory when you go to
Neopets next. Thanks a lot, and hope to see you soon! The Neopets Team

I usually try and sell my weapons before a plot, which I did before the Obelisk War (sold quite a few then), but these last couple I have been trying to sell on and off for years. I think only a collector will want them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:37 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Congrats, Daze! I'm now wishing for some stamp that everyone else is wishing for. Even if I only get a wish granted every few months, I still come out ahead.

Cry: Dr. Sloth took 20% of my NP. Since I'd just emptied my shop till and collected my Food Club winnings and was headed to the bank to deposit them, 20% was over 50k. :(( I guess my gloat should be that I made over 270k 219k from shop sales and Food Club.

Another gloat: The krawken retreats in a hurry, leaving behind:
Pirate Petpet Paint Brush

The last time I acquired one, I splurged on a poppit for my Pirate Ixi (and used the brush), so I'll be selling this one. Anyone here interested? I'll offer it at a discount.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Finally got the Spacerocked! avatar. I've not been trying overly hard, just playing 3x a day (if I remember), but breezed by it with a 14,220 yesterday. Promptly beat it again the next score I sent as well. Go figure. :P

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:41 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Crappy annoying day on Neopets. Food Club got me a 20% loss for the day. I spun the WoE and Grainne caught a disease (I was battling while doing dailies, too... so I still need 14 of my prizes). Then the WoK and HS refused to heal her (the HS has refused 5 times in a row). Then I tried to play catch up in DD while waiting for the next springs visit, and all the games are laggy and glitchy, and there's only one day left. And I'm sick and tired and just want Grainne to heal so I can get my battles done and go to bed. The cure is up over 8k, and even a cooling potion is 6k. But that's still less than the lost battle drops, most likely. 6 minutes til my next HS visit. *sigh*

Oh, and not really Neo-related, but it happened because of my frustration. Apparently you can hit ctl-alt-[arrow key] and it will rotate your screen. Why you'd want to do that, I don't know. When I figured it out and put it back, it had resized all my Windows and changed my screen resolution, so I had to fix all that. Arrrgghhh.

P.S. This is the gloat and whine thread, right? I've done a lot of gloating lately; I'm due a good whine. Normally the above wouldn't bother me so much, but my patience was already worn thin, and then it all happened at once. Neopets was supposed to be a quick relaxing way to unwind before bed, not a stress-inducer.

ETA: "All of your Neopets gain fifteen hit points. I am getting better at this!! :)" No, you're not! You're not a fairy, you're a witch. Humperdink! Humperdink! Humperdink!

ETAA: Failure at the HS and WoE, but the WoE kindly gave me 5k, nearly enough for the cure (not counting the cost of spinning it twice), which I snagged for 5097. Got ~23k in codestones, so it was worth buying the cure to get the battling in. Next time: finish battles before spinning WoE or playing Expellibox.

ETA 8/19: I just won 192:10 on Food Club (so the max possible winnings, 1M NP). Yippee! I could try to sit on it for a trophy, but there's not that much left in the month, and I'd probably need another 2M over the next 7 days to even get silver, at this point (I already have bronze), which I have a less than 50% chance of doing given my long-term bet history. And I'd give up ~2.4k in interest attempting it. Besides, my bank account will reach a nice round number if I deposit this... Okay! Decision made! Gloat: highest amount in the bank I've ever had!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next