Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Freaky Factory Help Needed
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:17 pm 

Anyone know of any hints, tips, or codes for this game? I get 1100 points and run out of time. is their a code for time, like their is a code for snowmuncher for empying your belly?( buuuurrrrrrrrp)

:( but my siggy and avatar were brandon boyd!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:07 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I sort of doubt it. I usually run out of time too because it seems to be weighted so that if you have two vats that are full, you get tons of those blobs and a very low amount of the empty one, which is usually the one you need. It frustrates me to no end... And people are like, "Yay! Freaky Factory! So easy!" gah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:47 pm 

First off, unless you have a superfast computer, play this in low quality. It'll run much smoother, which is VERY important considering how much timing matters in this game.

In levels one through four, make sure that two of your vats are full before you make your first toy (that is, make sure that if your first toy must be red, fill the yellow and blue vats to the top first). And don't drop anything into that final vat unless you'll have at least enough left over after that first toy to make one more of the same color(s).

The key in scoring for the first four levels is the consecutive bonuses and time remaining. I have level-by-level targets that go something like this:
Level 1: 140 (10 toys)
Level 2: 320 (13 toys)
Level 3: 450 (15 toys)
Level 4: 610 (18 toys)

If you can fill up the two alternate vats in level 5 (20 toys), do so, but it's not so important.

If you're in level one, haven't made your first toy yet, and you're down to 3/4 of the starting time, just hit reset.

Don't ever pass up a glowing blob. Upgrading toys on the line can mean another 40 points, especially in higher levels.

Never just let an angel blob pass you by, even if it's just to add one unit to one vat. If all of your vats are full, drop it on a toy if possible, since that's a bonus.

Never let the grundo thief steal a toy, unless doing so would make it impossible to drop a 5-unit blob in a vat that really needs it. That's two-and-a-half toys, the grundo thief can only steal one at a time.

That should get you started. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:44 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

More tips:

Watch out for the death blobs and soap blobs. They are evil, and very necessary later in the game, respectively.

The purple wiring is not just for show. That sneaky purple Grundo somehow manages to elude attention time to time. If you have great aim, you can conk him in the head by dropping something on him to save time. It's also very funny. Hopefully that helps.

Try to memorize size of a blob to tank ratio. This helps you to save clean work space. Same thing with momentum of the blobs to make aiming easier. Also, you shouldn't use freeze blobs if you can help it, because then you slow down the incoming rate of blobs.

Time the use of glowing blobs carefully to maximize profits.

Post subject: Re: Freaky Factory Help Needed
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:05 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

It's rather ironic that I wrote a guide for FF and yet had so much trouble with it today.
*Makes a sandwich and eats her words*

I think that if you do try and wait for the blobs to fill the two vats,you may be wasting time.
If there's a huge parade of red blobs when you're trying to fill blue and yellow, I'd go ahead and fill the red one up rather than waiting for the next alternative colour to arrive.

Thanks for the tips!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:10 pm 

Katdragon wrote:
I think that if you do try and wait for the blobs to fill the two vats,you may be wasting time.

That depends. Early on, not really. In the later levels (level 6 - the level of 23 and above), I fill vats as I see the blobs. Earlier, up through the level of 18 toys (level 4), I fill the two non-use vats first. The real key to scoring high in freaky factory isn't time, it's consecutive toy bonuses, which add up REALLY quickly. The best way to get consecutive toy bonuses is to be sure that you have as much ink pre-set as possible.

Level 5, the level of 20 toys, is dicey. If I feel like I've been staring at a constant stream of one color, or if I feel that time is becoming an issue, I'll switch to the fill-it-as-I-need it strategy. Level 5 is the level where strategy really has to be fluid. Not so before or after.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:02 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Here are some links to some Freaky Factory guides on Pink Poogle Toy as well.

http://www.pinkpt.com/freakyfactory.htm
http://www.pinkpt.com/freakyfactory_sub1.htm
http://www.pinkpt.com/freakyfactory_sub2.htm

Good guide Shapu. Do you mind if I add it to Pink Poogle Toy?

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:13 pm 

Go for it. It's plenty short.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]