Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Neohomes 2.0 - Open Beta Has Begun!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Try as I might, my computer can't handle the new format. So every time I try to load my new room, Firefox just freezes and I have to close it out in a veeeerrry slow process before trying again with the same results.

Oh well, I don't mind sticking with regular Neohomes for a while.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Neohomes 2.0 makes my FF browser run ungodly slow. And it's not like I have a small amount of RAM, either. Clicking and dragging to tile floors is....really painful. It usually takes me a few tries because the darn thing keeps lagging/momentarily freezing.

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:28 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Well, the new Neohomes certainly look nice, but until they get most of the bugs worked out, I'm probably not going to play with mine too much. First there was the massive lag, now I get error messages virtually every time I try to save any changes. ("An error has occured." Well gee, that's helpful. :roll: ) That includes changes in the preferences, too. I turned off the shadows and animations, and it says they're turned off, but I still see shadows. They're bizzare ones too; it looks like everything's hovering just slightly above the floor, as if it were a giant air hockey rink or something. That might work on the Space Station, but in every other location, not so much.

Through a lot of perserverance and a couple of lucky breaks, I was able to move some furniture and my pets into the Neohome on my Haunted Woods-themed side account (incomel, for the curious). I stuck in a few compatible things from my old home just to see how they looked; I was a little disappointed by the Meowclops Head Pillow. It looks way too flat, literally. The Dragonbuds are tiny now. While they're nice, I'm still gonna miss the giant carnivorous-looking things that dominated most of Rugosa's precious little garden in the old house. :evil: The Rock Trees probably could've been a little bigger, but they're fine otherwise.

I haven't even tried to paint the walls yet. Doing the floor was bad enough with the lag, and when it wouldn't save once I finally got it right...well, yeah, had to quit to save my sanity. I also created a home on another side that was Lost Desert themed, but apparently I did something to really mess it up because it won't load without an error message now. I'm not sure why, all I did was move the house itself to a different place on the property and stick a table outside, then save it.

Anyhow, yeah... I'm just going to wait. Too bad though, because I really like how most of the furniture's properly sized now and that you can actually SEE it, instead of just a rectangle. That's not so bad for like, a cheap set of drawers or a table or something, but for an item like the Exotic Dresser, I want to see all the details on it. Also like the idea of our pets actually being able to live in the Neohome. While I'm thinking about it, I hope that sometime in the future we'll be able to choose from two or three different "prefab" homes from each world, or at least be able to paint the outsides of the one we have now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:05 pm 

What has happened to my old furniture from my old neohome?
I have started my new neohome but all of the old furtnitue that I had has dissappeared.
Could someone please help me here as I has spent a lot of neopoints on my furniture for the old neohome, is it possible to get it back and put it into this home?
Thanks

Saz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Your old neohome is completely separate from your new neohome. Therefore, all your old furniture is still safe and sound in your original neohome. :)

On your userlookup, under your neohome, there should be a link to "Visit My Classic Neohome." On the main Neohome page, click on the button that says "Classic Neohomes."

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:27 am 

When they say that at the end of the Beta testing your home will be deleted and you can start again will all of the furniture that has been bought and placed inside it be deleted aswell or will they just put it all into you inventory?

Saz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
After testing out things in your Neohome 2.0, I would move everything back to your inventory, just to be safe. You never know what could happen.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Oddly enough this was a topic on the new episode of the PPT Show.

I think they look shiny and nice.

I never say anything is nice. It's just such a nice word
*brain implode*

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:01 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Nice as in "accurate?"

Sorry. I've been reading Good Omens again.

ImageImage

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6