Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Cookie Grabbers are Back!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:44 pm 

Kurisutaru wrote:
I'm still hearing of people being cged. I haven't had any problems personally, although when I was trying to buy codestones last night I got an error message saying the amount of the item couldn't be reduced so that stopped the transaction and it also said that was a good thing because the item might have been duped. Hopefully that's not going on as well as the cgers! I'm also hoping tnt takes care of this soon. :(

I got that error message a couple weeks ago during a 1 np sale. I think it's just an error for now.

People are still getting CGed :( If TNT disabled editing your shop coding, no new CGers can be added, and after a while, everyone with a CGer already in their shop will be iced. Then, TNT can safely put a filter in and prevent any new ones from being added when they lift the ban.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I had my shop description cleared. Maybe TNT is trying to do something?

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Hmm my shop description is still left intact. Are they actively clearing shop descriptions with certain codes on them?

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:31 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Shoyru_Lover wrote:
Hmm my shop description is still left intact. Are they actively clearing shop descriptions with certain codes on them?

Mine is fine as well, but I don't use any graphics or anything, just plain text. Hopefully they're trying to isolate the codes that are causing the problems and will get this squared away soon. :)

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:04 pm 

Kurisutaru wrote:
Shoyru_Lover wrote:

Mine is fine as well, but I don't use any graphics or anything, just plain text. Hopefully they're trying to isolate the codes that are causing the problems and will get this squared away soon. :)

Mine is also fine. I have a mall banner with lots of code and another banner in my shop ;) Wonder what TNT is doing...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:36 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Can you imagine if someone put a cookie grabber on PPT? :evil:

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:08 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Would it really work tho :X? I always thought to steal the cookies over a user, the code must be placed on the site you want to get the cookies from :X

[center]
Image[/center]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:12 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I think I've been cookiegrabbed last week. This is the message that I get when I try to login:

Quote:
This account has been FROZEN for the following reason:

You may have either fallen for a scam or submitted your account information to a fake login page. If you have submitted your account information to a "Neopets Moderator" or "Admin" scam page, just know that we will not be unfreezing the account. If you would like information on getting your account back, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm a 100% sure that I didn't give my information to a fake loging page or have fallen for any scam, so I'm guessing that I got cookiegrabbed. I don't click on any offsite links, so I'm guessing I might have been cookiegrabbed on someone's user lookup or shop (but I'm not 100% sure of this).

I sent in a form last week, but I haven't gotten a response yet. Anyone know how long it usually takes for TNT to respond? :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

You should send them weekly, until you get a response. If they don't reply after a few weeks, snail mail them.

I don't know if it's aloud, but if I find out it is I'll send a report through Premium for you.

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:56 pm 

You've probably been cookie grabbed :( If you're Premium, I suggest sending in a Premium Frozen Form and explaining your situation. Otherwise, I asked around the Charter boards for advice on what you should do, and here are the responses I got:

Quote:
They'll have to send in the regular frozen form & explain their situation with as much detailed information as possible. Good luck to your friend dude.

Quote:
this same thing happened to a friend of mine. It took her a week to get an email response from TnT. She's still waiting to get the account back (it'll be two weeks on Thursday) but there is a dialog back and forth.

Quote:
Good luck to your friend. There is no excuse for this happening on this site. We are all afraid to do anything.

Quote:
it can take more than a week for them to get to it....i think it took a week and 3 days for them to get around to mine.....i figure they have a pretty long line of accounts to go through....hope she gets it back

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:02 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Just keep trying. I've been frozen... twice. I didn't persist the first time (haha, I think my first post on PPT was to complain about it), but did the second, and it paid off. I didn't get my side accounts back the second time (which sucked, second lab map lost. ._. And MSP Poogle. Now would be lovely and unconverted. And the only pet I'd ever painted... haha) because I was pretty deluded with TNT by this point. It's quite a bit of effort. You'll often find them not responding, or if they do, with gibberish that doesn't help you at all. They can take their time to respond, I once got some mail back, about my account that had been unfrozen for at least a year, easily, saying they could do nothing to help me. Obviously they don't read everything you send them. :roll: Email them a lot. It might not have been cookie grabbing - Neopets are renowned for their unfair freezing. People may say otherwise, but when it's happened to you twice...

Click the wonderful signature. You know you want to.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:45 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Thanks for the advice everyone. :hug:

Should I just continue to fill in the form or really send them emails?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:04 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Keep sending in the form until you get a/another response because at different times of the day different staff members are working. And which staff member reads your form can really honestly make a difference. o_o I've been fortunate to only have good experiences with staff helping me get my account back, but I know some people who have gotten responses from staff members who really don't want look into it and refuse to explain what happened. D; After another response, I'd say email them. I'm sorry about your account =(

Image Image
la la la la BITEZ UR FACE

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3