Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Weekly News Thread: 3 March - 9 March
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:47 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

4th March

* The Alien Aishas have come up with some ummm... wonderful new foods including licorice-pork flavoured ice cream and peanut butter prawn and mayo cupcake.
ImageImageImageImage

* There are five new Poems on display.

* A new Caption Contest has begun and it is Mystery Island-themed.

* akopperdude is this week's Minigolf Spotlight award winner with their level - Stuck in the Undergr .

* This is the last Stamp that collectors will need to finish off their Shenkuu Stamp album.

* Congratulations go out to Tempeltanz and flipflopblubber! Each has proven spiffier than the rest in the Customisation Spotlight. Voting for this week's contest has begun. Good luck to this week's entrants!
ImageImage

* Don't forget to submit your Gadgadsbogen themed spotlights and art!

* As the fighting continues, no one is quite sure who is winning...

* Test your creative writing skills with this week's Story Telling.

Allwen stared at her reflection in the mirror and let out a sigh. After months of using the best grooming products she could find, her hair still looked like a mess. Why couldn't she be a Uni like her sister Tati and have a long, flowing mane? But no, she had been born a Krawk, with wayward spikes of hair that were almost uncontrollable.

* The latest Sketch Background features a Mootix!

* Today's Pet Spotlight award goes to a Gelert called Gooseberry_Valen.

* Kauvara has created some new morphing potions for the Uni.
ImageImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: Weekly News Thread: 25 Feb - 2 March
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:16 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

5th March - Gadgadsbogen

* The trees on Mystery Island are sprouting brand new fruit and the celebrations are just beginning!

Happy Gadgadsbogen Day!

* An Island Paint Brush, a Moehog, and a visit to the Rainbow Pool may leave you with something special.

* stealth_commander is the winner of the User Lookup of the Week with a rather fruity lookup.

* The official word on the new fruits has just been released and they're already on sale in the Tropical Food Shop!
ImageImageImageImage

* This week's Gallery Spotlight goes to peri0neo for their gallery - Mystery Island Luau.

* The Acko, Magaral, Kimbi and Millipod can all now be painted Island at the Petpet Puddle.
ImageImageImageImage

* Now this looks like a rather relaxing Surrounding.

ImageImage
Mmm... this fruit looks tasty!

* There are new Poems in the gallery!

* You can now don a nifty tropical Buddy Icon.
ImageImageImageImage

* There is a new Mystery Pic competition. The answer to the last one was Caption Contest #867. 126 people guessed correctly, earning them 15,874 NP each.

* These School Supplies look almost edible!
ImageImageImageImage

* The Meridell Castle Spotlight for this week goes to ttrouble_2 for Look Out Tower.

* The Art Gallery has been updated with a new page of Gadgads-themed art!
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:29 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Ohh those school supplies are colourful. Me likey!

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Anyone got the names of the new Tropical Foods?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:04 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

6th March - Gelert Day

* The Clothing Shop thinks that Gelerts need something special to wear today!

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
Oh... these clothes are neat!

* Today's Site Spotlight goes to korked and Nirvela for Nirvela's Fruity Patch.

* This week's PPL award has been given to the Millipod. Well done NiNi, Tentacruel, Saucer, dawson, and all the others.

* We just added some Poems for Gelert Day!

* Keep your Neopet amused with one of these new Gelert-themed Toys.
ImageImageImageImage

* We have a new Better Than You today. Can you beat Taelia at Let It Slide?

* Show your friends that you adore the Gelert with one of these new Buddy Icons!
ImageImageImageImage

* Kind ol' Cap'n Threelegs be givin' free swashbuckling lessons to any Gelert that goes to his Academy.

* Now you can learn How to Draw Kanrik!

* If you want a chance to have your videos viewed by others on Neopets why not submit them?

* There are some new pictures in the Art Gallery today.
ImageImageImage

* The Lenny Conundrum competition will continue for yet another week.

* Gelerts can now be painted Desert and Split at the Rainbow Pool.
ImageImage

* This week's Pirate Cave Of The Week award goes to Tresure, designed by flamy96191.

* Yum! These Gelert Biscuits from the Bakery are sure to make any Gelert happy.
ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:36 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I love the gelert bone outfit. Makes me wish I had a gelert. The uni parade stuff is really pretty, too bad it wouldn't work for my uni though because he's a boy.

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:11 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Yeah me too. I think it is totally hip and happening in a far out hip and happening way. We all need to have it.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:25 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Ah, about time for some Gelert clothes. I can totally see my gelert wearing most of the bones outfit (I doubt she'd wear the glasses...lol). The desert gelert is rather interesting as well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ahh, I love that tiki type gelert and the desert gelert. <3

And I love the flatfruit rubber/eraser from the previous week, and the peachpa calculator. The rubber looks yummeh :roll:

Phlameseeker wrote:
Anyone got the names of the new Tropical Foods?

Waterberry, Honeyplume, Turnla, Pluburb, I think. I checked the image URL and that's what it says.

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:41 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

7th March

* A few Petpets are getting a more colourful outlook on life from the Petpet Puddle.
ImageImageImageImage

* There has been some problems with submitting to some of the spotlights this week. The problem should be fixed now, so please submit your spotlights! :) On the same note, the current Random Contest will not end until the 14th.

* You can now learn How to Draw Cylara!

* There is a new Mystery Pic competition. The answer to the last one was Scorchio Day 2005 Background. 204 people guessed correctly, earning them 9,804 NP each.

* The Book Shop seems to have found some rather... tatty books in the back room. Ah well, you can still read them.
ImageImageImageImage

* deeidleman's The Lily Pad has just won this week's Neohome Spotlight. Well done!

* Can you think of something witty for our latest Caption Contest?

* Ruff the Walking Carpet has been given the latest Petpet Spotlight.

* If your Neopets needs a few healthy snacks you might drop by the Healthy Food Shop.
ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:45 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

8th March

* The newest issue of the Neopian Times has been released! Keep your eyes open for great stories and adventures like Observations of the Wild Gobbler and Spooky, Slightly Smaller.

* This week's Neoadventure Spotlight goes to amypuff for Escape Geraptiku!.

""Hello, and welcome!" A cheery tour guide calls, "I'm Cherri, your friendly tour guide today. On this tour, we'll be visiting the most exciting spots on Mystery Island..."

* If your Neopet is travelling around Terror Mountain, they should try some of these new foods from the Super Happy Icy Fun Snow Shop.
ImageImageImageImage

* The Random Contest will continue for another week! Good luck to all the entrants.

* The latest videos are out and ready for you to view on Neovision! Why not take a look at some of these great videos like Zifa's Nap or Magic Trick. Congratulations to the winners!

If you want a chance to have your videos viewed by others on Neopets why not submit them?

* This Coffee-themed Shop Blog will warm up your shop, gallery or webpage in no time.

* Neopets might not mind their bruises as much when they see these adorable new ice packs from the Grooming Parlour.
ImageImageImageImage

* The next round of the Beauty Contest is about to begin! Head on over and vote for your favourite.

* Are Gorix and Cylara really ready for what is next?

* Well done makanaoaloha! Your level - Path of Danger and F has just earned you this week's Faerie Caves Spotlight award.

* Keep your papers together with these cute paperclips from the Back to School Shop.
ImageImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: Weekly News Thread: 3 March - 9 March
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I thought those paper clips were daggers at first. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:18 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Quote:
Hey TNT, what happen? Someone set up us the bomb! ~kingturkey
We get signal.

How are you gentlemen !!

from the editorial... it was just to dang funny to me I had to make sure this was mentioned!

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:36 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Browsing the web, playing on random pet sites, talking to my friends, amusing myself...
Quote:
Whenever I have a question to submit for the Editorial I'm always left staring at the options for what subject my submission falls under. The options seem insufficient for most of my questions and I always choose "random stuff." Do you have any plans for adding more options in the future? ~sq1432
Considering the fact that your question actually just reminded us that we have the ability to sort by subject matter, you really shouldn't fret about it at all. x_X

Also from the editorial. I found this one rather amusing myself. :P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:14 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Complete editorial from this week:

Quote:
Is there a problem with the Stamp Collector High Score Table? I have 398 stamps but my high score is listed as only 25. With this stuck, I can never win a trophy for it. ~litlangeltoo
To register your score for the Stamp Collector High Score Table you need to visit your overview page via your stamp album or the Neopian Post Office. Once you visit that page your score will appear on the table. Also, please note that the Stamp Collector High Score Table resets each month, so you'll need to visit your overview page monthly to register your score.

Hey TNT! *throws jelly at you so it doesn't hurt* I was wondering if you could possibly send one more score after you challenge either AAA or Abigail in the Daily Dare? This is because I sent three scores for Volcano Run and, after challenging Abigail, I wasn't able to beat her because I had already sent three scores. This upset me a lot because I knew I now wasn't eligible for the "Uberiffic" prize. ~simply_gummy
D'oh! :( To avoid having this happen in the future, please be sure to check the Daily Dare each day before sending your score three times on a Flash game while the event is going on.

'Sup TNT, I have a question. Why do some slushies move and others don't? It's always bugged me. ~cheeselovers7891234
Some just prefer more active lifestyles, we guess...

Hmm... where are my leg warmers?

I personally have to say that I love seeing the chosen UL spotlight each week. I also love to enter. It seems, though, that the ones chosen all appear to be similarly built. The new layout allows so much freedom for revamping the ULs, but I have yet to see a UL chosen that HAS been revamped totally. :( My favorite way to make ULs is to completely rearrange them... but it seems as if my hopes of winning a UL spotlight is destined to fail if this trend continues. *sigh* Why do the judges not like revamps? ~ickle_pengu
By all means, please be as creative as possible! We can only spotlight what we're sent, and if all we get sent is a lot of what's popular... well, then that's what gets put up. :-/ Keep in mind, though, that there's often thousand of entries to look through, so sometimes it's difficult to find one as unique as you describe.

Hey TNT, just wondering: does each member of TNT have their own account? If so, do they play games and own a shop like other normal accounts? *Holds supreme pizza in front of TNT* Better than a cookie! (: ~nicaus
Each member of TNT has a staff account that they use for official site business. A good number of us also have playing accounts, which we use to enjoy the site just like you guys do. This means that, if we want a plot trophy, we need to do the plot just like everyone else. Those of us that got through the 3mods of the Sloth plot are now working right beside you (and using your guides!) to test Space Faerie Tokens. Remember, though, staff will NEVER ask you for account info or claim they are employees on an account that is not clearly marked as a staff account.

Is it okay to make money on my main and my side account by playing games, as long as no money is transferred? Thank you. (And look! I didn't give you anything! :D) ~1_1_2_3_5_8_13_21_34
No, please only make Neopoints on your main account.

Whenever I have a question to submit for the Editorial I'm always left staring at the options for what subject my submission falls under. The options seem insufficient for most of my questions and I always choose "random stuff." Do you have any plans for adding more options in the future? ~sq1432
Considering the fact that your question actually just reminded us that we have the ability to sort by subject matter, you really shouldn't fret about it at all. x_X

Hey TNT, what happen? Someone set up us the bomb! ~kingturkey
We get signal.

How are you gentlemen !!

Are you allowed to get the concert avatars on your side accounts? ~lhunar
We don't see why not. Just buy the ticket on your main account blah blah blah. (You know the drill!)

Wouldn't it be sad if this got me in the Editorial but an actual question didn't? ~muffinhead777
Yeah, that would really stink. :(

Why is there a newbie board? I thought it made sense when I looked at it, but once I clicked on it it was all useless junk. Nothing was related to newbies at all! Is this just to get people away from spamming the help board or what? ~muffinhead777
Haha, tricked you with that last question, didn't we? Sorry muffinhead777, we couldn't resist! Anyway, yeah... the Newbie board is erm... special. The last time a board got that bad (General Chat) Sloth blew it up, but then it just infected the other boards (hence, the reason why the newbie board is in the state that it is). :-/ We'll continue to discuss amongst ourselves the best solution for boards such as that.

I know it's been a while since the LDP, but during the revamp of the Lost Desert, did the Lost Desert Calculator disappear? If so, could you bring it back? I could then have an excuse for being on Neopets when my maths aren't done! =) ~lapstop
Yes, the Lost Desert Calculator was removed from the map during the revamp, despite several of us whining about it.

*shifty eyes* Shhhh... don't tell anyone

Hello TNT. I'm an intermediate Neopets member with a lot of goals. One of my first goals is getting enough NP to buy a paint brush. What I've noticed is that, comparing now to the times that my older, more experienced guild members can recall, there are almost none in circulation, or the demand for them in the market is so high that players have raised their prices a few hundred thousand NP. Now, releasing more PB's for the sake of the whining masses is wrong, but with the ever-growing number of Neopets members and the fact that painting one's Neopet is still a very staple goal of the site, I worry about the newbies and players like myself who haven't a clue as to how they're going to catch up to Neopia's ever-rising prices. Please help or advise, and thank you for your consideration. ~vulpes_fulva
We were just discussing inflation a bit this morning, actually! We, too, are concerned with the skyrocketing prices of paint brushes and codestones. While we don't want to make PBs easy to get, we do think they are getting quite ridiculously overpriced. We're currently discussing ways to help bring a bit more balance to the economy.

**Special Notice**
We had to delete our current database of poem submissions, so if you have written some quality Neopets-themed poetry, or haven't received a rejection/accepted notice, please resubmit! Also, please note that "quality" poetry does not typically start with, "Roses are red, violets are blue..." This message has been brought to you by your friendly Neopian-poetry-reader-judge-type-person.

Further useless rambling: Wait what...? Violets are blue. That makes no sense. Wouldn't they be considered, you know, violet coloured? Also, hey Viola! It seems you're a plant genus in addition to a musical instrument!

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next