Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Update on Morphing Potions debacle
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:51 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I've just been linked to this petpage from a friend - I'm unsure as to whether it's real or not (said friend says it is), but figured I'd give people the heads up:

http://www.neopets.com/~mystthorne

It's an email from a support member to a user, in response to what I assume is a question about them. Text is as follows:

Hi,

Thanks for writing! We know this is very confusing, so I'll try to explain. It seems that limited edition Neopet morphing potions (Draik, krawk, poogle, etc) will only work if the pet you use it on is already that species. For instance, a pink draik morphing potion will only work if the Neopet is already a draik.

Eventually all limited edition morphing potions will behave this way. The potion will not disappear if your pet refuses to drink it, it simply will not morph your pet into that species.

The exception to this is transmogrification potions, which will work on any species. Morphing potions for species that are not limited edition will continue to work normally.

(The rest is the standard 'If you have any other questions...' form letter that support emails have).

Ugh. Not impressed at all. Way to combat inflation, TNT. If they HAD to do this, I would've preferred that it was the other way around - didn't work on normal pets, but would work for limited edition pets.

Thoughts?

Gone, forever.

Post subject: Re: Update on Morphing Potions debacle
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

So if this is real, morphing potions still would change your pet from species to species just not to a limited edition pet?

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:57 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

If you mean that say, a Green Chia MP would transform your uni, then yes.

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:58 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
We know this is very confusing, so I'll try to explain. It seems that limited edition Neopet morphing potions (Draik, krawk, poogle, etc) will only work if the pet you use it on is already that species.

The only confusing parts are in that reply. Come on, "It seems...." Either it IS going to be that way or a mistake has been made.

Why didn't TNT tell us why the decision was made?

That is the only thing that erks me - it seems even TNT don't know!

Besides all that, I am happy that draiks (and to a lesser extent the other LE pets) will be a little harder to get. To me it seems that Draiks are more available and less LE than a chomby or a poogle. I have a draik and and not many were around a few years ago, but now almost every second person has 1 or more - that hardly seems LE to me.

But I must say I am sorry for those who will lose out on nps because of this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:04 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Nah, its still a dumb idea, and makes no sense in reality. I have a Draik TP, but I'm still unhappy at the change. Its nonsense, imagine if you had been holding onto a Draik MP for once you had finished Labbing (like I am with the TP, only reason I have the TP is because it was the cheaper option at the time). I know you can push n pull logic til it fits the act, but this is unbelievable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Thanks Alex for the clarification.

Daze wrote:
Besides all that, I am happy that draiks (and to a lesser extent the other LE pets) will be a little harder to get. To me it seems that Draiks are more available and less LE than a chomby or a poogle. I have a draik and and not many were around a few years ago, but now almost every second person has 1 or more - that hardly seems LE to me.

But I must say I am sorry for those who will lose out on nps because of this.

It seems that Draiks have become in the eyes of Neopians, one of the ultimate pets to have. I think there are two avatars in which a Draik egg or a Draik is needed (correct me if I'm wrong) so I can see if you are a big time avatar collector how they would be needed.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:09 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

euphoniumgirl_17, there are 2 Draik avatars, but you only need to own a Draik for one of them. Perhaps you're also thinking of a Krawk avatar?

I don't mind Draiks being hard to get - God knows I worked hard for mine - but I think they're making them near on impossible now to obtain.

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Alex wrote:
euphoniumgirl_17, there are 2 Draik avatars, but you only need to own a Draik for one of them. Perhaps you're also thinking of a Krawk avatar?

I don't mind Draiks being hard to get - God knows I worked hard for mine - but I think they're making them near on impossible now to obtain.

Do't! Oh ok thanks Alex. I'm probably getting mixed up with Krawks.

I'm working towards a Draik myself and I know it's going to be really hard to get one now. But in the end I know I will be completely broke :lol: but I'll feel good once I reach my goal.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I have to agree with most above: it makes no sense.

Seriously, though, what's the point of having a morphing potion if you cannot actually use it to morph your pet? I can understand that the Draiks should be rare and all, but why did they bother to even make new Draik morphing potions if they essentially are just Draik-specific paintbrushes?

Logical? No. Someone at TNT needs to have their brain checked for making a decision like this. Seriously.

While I (thankfully) am not in the position where I'm trying to get one of the LE pets, I can't imagine how people are feeling who are trying to lab their pets and then morph them back.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:41 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I think this was in the editorial in the last nt times.

Visit twinskiesnavigator.com and themeteorites.net

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
That is INSANE. Why would MPs act that way? It makes no sense and turns MPs into species-specific Paint Brushes as Pickles said.
What's next? Retiring all Paint Brushes?

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:35 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

In my mind it's absurd. How were morphing potions making Draiks too easy to get? It aready cost millions of NP to get a Draik before this happens. That's hardly easy to get. The reason a lot of people have Draiks isn't because Draiks are easy to get, it's because a lot of people like Draiks and are willing to put forth the effort to get one because they're HARD to get.

Stupid, stupid move on the part of TNT... if the email is legit. I'm a little suspicious, since the quoted text groups Draiks and Krawks with Poogles as "Limited Edition" species. Draiks and Krawks aren't LE. They're "Restricted," which is a rather important difference. (More LE pets are periodically released, often on that species' pet day, which is not true for Restricted pets. Similarly, you can get an LE pet from one of the Mysterious Swirly Potion, but not a Restricted pet.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Moongewl wrote:
What's next? Retiring all Paint Brushes?

Quick, knock on wood! That probably isn't too far off in the future with all of the customization mess.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I can't help but laugh at this whole thing, the fact that I paid for my Draik Transmogrification Potion in pure through the TP and now they're 11m+... I guess it's just absurd, not funny.

I'm leaning toward person-who-answers-editorial-this-week was misinformed, and the email is a fake. It just doesn't make sense from any standpoint. Except that the pets should be harder to get, which kind of punishes new players and I thought that's who TNT wanted to cater to most these days.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

metalmario wrote:
I can't help but laugh at this whole thing, the fact that I paid for my Draik Transmogrification Potion in pure through the TP and now they're 11m+... I guess it's just absurd, not funny.

Really? When did you buy yours? Mine was about 1.1 mil i think, and I think my Mara PB was about the same back then. Considering selling the TP for training and weaps, but really dont want to risk the price never coming back down again, n not ever being able to afford it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next