Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Restocking Rare Items?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:03 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I've just returned to Neopets from a break, and I've been trying to get into restocking for a while now.

Is there a guide anywhere estimating reasonable prices for Codestones, Faeries, and other rare trinkets? I never know what to sell my items for, nor do I know what would be a good deal when buying them. I buy from other user's shops, as my internet isn't quite fast enough to restock (up to 2MBps, average download/upload of 50KB/s), however, I'll be moving onto Sky Broadband shortly, which is up to 16MBPS - a lot faster!

Thanks!

PS: Other than codestones, faeries, and map pieces, what else would be a good idea to buy? I did restock pizzas for a while, but I always found the main shops were empty. (Which sucks,. I don't even bother with them any more. I can't seem to ever find a shop with items in it)

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Restocking Rare Items?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Wearable Items (Clothes, backgrounds, and random items). The places to go are Uni's Clothing, Mystical Surroundings, and getting your 10 free items from refreshing at the Second-Hand Shoppe (don't pick up the Pile of Dung or the Ultra Fashionable Potato Sack). :)

As for pricing, I don't know of any guide. I usually use the SSW for that. Sorry. :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Yes its best to use the shop wizard to stay up to date on prices because a list would be old in a short period of time.

*Spring forward, Fall back*

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:28 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

neobeth wrote:
Yes its best to use the shop wizard to stay up to date on prices because a list would be old in a short period of time.

When I sell my items, should I sell them for the cheapest on the wizard, or about halfway? I'm never sure when I buy/sell.

Say, if the cheapest on a search was 1150.... and the most expensive was 1900.... Should I buy it for 1150 and sell it for 1500? Hehe.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I think that's really up to you and how fast you are wanting to sell the item. I generally put it at the lowest on the SSW.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

littleboy6326 wrote:
neobeth wrote:

When I sell my items, should I sell them for the cheapest on the wizard, or about halfway? I'm never sure when I buy/sell.

Say, if the cheapest on a search was 1150.... and the most expensive was 1900.... Should I buy it for 1150 and sell it for 1500? Hehe.

It really depends where you are on the shop wizard, it helps to be near the bottom of the particular group you are in. Also like pinkflamingonewsgirl said, depends on how quickly you want to sell the item. Also I would stear clear of codestones right now, we are due for the bimonthly giveaway in a week to 10 days, unles you sell what you buy right away.
Other than that its best to experiment and keep notes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:37 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

neobeth wrote:
littleboy6326 wrote:
neobeth wrote:

It really depends where you are on the shop wizard, it helps to be near the bottom of the particular group you are in. Also like pinkflamingonewsgirl said, depends on how quickly you want to sell the item. Also I would stear clear of codestones right now, we are due for the bimonthly giveaway in a week to 10 days, unles you sell what you buy right away.
Other than that its best to experiment and keep notes.

What's this about a giveaway?

Yeah. Just sold my codestones. I can't believe a Main sells for nearly 10K!!! A lot has happened since I've been gone!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Its a once every 2 months giveaway, you get 1000 nps and a free codestone, been 4 so far.
http://www.neopets.com/wordscramble
Answer for #21 woowoogrub, Answer for #22 pandaphant
Answer for #23 yooyuball, Answer for #24 snowmuncher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:01 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

neobeth wrote:
Its a once every 2 months giveaway, you get 1000 nps and a free codestone, been 4 so far.
http://www.neopets.com/wordscramble
Answer for #21 woowoogrub, Answer for #22 pandaphant
Answer for #23 yooyuball, Answer for #24 snowmuncher

Oh, that! I've done the first three.. I'll have to do the fourth when I'm unsuspended, though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

omg! I didn't even know about that! Does someone usually post a link for that or what?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:27 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

pinkflamingonewsgirl wrote:
omg! I didn't even know about that! Does someone usually post a link for that or what?

Yeah somebody usually posts the new answer when it comes out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:03 am 

I love it when those come out, then codestones really deflate and I can afford training. But they get used up quickly, and prices climb up again.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]