Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: FAQ: Read me before you post! / Strike Policy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

This FAQ is a bit of a work in progress. If you want to suggest any additional questions, please drop me a PM. :)

General Neopets:
Q: How can I tell how much my pet’s worth?
A: http://neopets.com/process_adopt.phtml?pet_name=PETNAMEHERE.
Replace PETNAMEHERE with your pet’s name. It is case sensitive, and only works when you have less than 3 pets and no neopoints out.

Q: My rare item code doesn’t work… can I get a new one?
A: Contact TNT with this form. ^_^ http://www.neopets.com/autoform_other.phtml?other=rareitemcode

Q: I keep getting the message
Quote:
ERROR : Oops you have been directed to this page from the wrong place! If you KEEP getting this error, chances are you have some security settings enabled that are not letting you play Neopets correctly.

while playing neopets! How do I fix it?
A: Most of the time, this is a problem for people with firewalls. Make sure that neopets.com is an allowed site. If you use Norton, try following the instructions at this link.

Q: How do you attach a petpetpet?
A: The only way to attach a petpetpet is to refresh your inventory until it “hops onto” your active pet’s petpet. It may be a good idea to fill your inventory with junk items in case the nasty pant devil decides to show up. ^_^

Q: Where is the draik nest?
A: http://www.neopets.com/medieval/draiknest.phtml. You can take a draik egg here to hatch if you have less than three neopets. Be warned that you cannot choose the pet's gender! ^_^

Q: Where are the fungus caves?
A: http://www.neopets.com/pirates/funguscave.phtml. If you have a krawk petpet and less than three pets, take it here to become a full-grown krawk.

Q: Where is the hidden tower?
A: http://www.neopets.com/faerieland/hiddentower938.phtml

Q: Do fountain faerie passes expire?
A: Nope! :) Turn in your item and take as long as you want deciding which colour to paint your pet.

Q: Can someone help me with HTML/CSS for my petpage/userlookup/shop?
A: Neopets has a great beginners guide to HTML which should solve most of your problems here. If you have a CSS problem, check out csshelp’s petpage.

Q: Could someone give me the code for the Kreludan Mining Corp?
A: There's no working code as of yet. Stay tuned as it will probably take a role in a future plot.

Q: How long does the wheel of monotony spin?
A:
Neopian Times Editorial wrote:
How long EXACTLY does the Wheel of Monotony spin? - Spazjackbunny
There is no precise time. It spins for anywhere between 30 minutes and 2 hours roughly.

http://www.neopets.com/newnt/index.phtm ... l&week=138

Q: How do I get <insert>?
A: Check PPT's Secret Avatar Page. If you still need help, ask on the stickied avatar thread.

Q: Can I borrow a faerie queen doll/icy snowflake/MSP card/ etc...?
A: Any lending/borrowing of items is done at your own risk. Please keep all queries confined to the stickied avatar thread.

Frozen:
Q: Help! I’ve been scammed/hacked/frozen!
A: If you’ve been wrongfully frozen (let’s face it, if you know you did something wrong, you aren’t getting your account back), use the frozen autoform provided by neopets. You can find the form here.

The form should always, always, always be your first step and should be filled out ASAP after you were frozen. It is helpful to be as detailed as possible when filling out the form especially if you were scammed. Information that you should have on hand when filling out the form should include:
* A list of your neofriends
* The content of your neomails
* Items in your SDB/equipped to your pets/in your inventory
* What you've gotten from rare item codes
* Warnings from TNT that you've recieved in the past
After this you should recieve an e-mail about your account with the address of a staff member you can contact with any further concerns. Be patient and give them a week or two as they probably have many requests to sift through. If you haven't recieved any notification, then you could try to contact a staff member personally. Some addresses that have worked in the past are:
mailto:william@neopets.com
mailto:iris@neopets.com
mailto:evelyn@neopets.com
mailto:darcy@neopets.com
mailto:andrea@neopets.com
As a warning, most of the time this strategy is ineffective because they either tell you that they cannot help, or they direct you to fill out the form (see above) and wait for a reply. Which brings you to your best bet of... snail mail! Write a very detailed (polite!!) letter explaining your situation and why you do not deserve to be frozen. Be sure to include most of the same things that are asked for on the frozen form. Try to give as much proof as possible that you did not do what you were accused of.

Q: What is the snail mail address for neopets?
A: Neopets, Inc
P.O. Box 10060
Glendale CA 91209-3060

More FAQ questions are coming soon!

Last edited by atomicblonde on Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Strike Policy
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Strike Policy

These forums operate a system to dissuade members from abusing the forums and/or each other. Abuse can take many forms and some of us have had first hand experience of this.

The Moderators of this forum have been empowered with the ability to award 'strike' points to members who don't follow the Terms & Conditions of the forum and any other general etiquette expected when taking part in this Community.

Therefore, if members fail to heed the Terms & Conditions of the forum, as we have seen in the past, or ignore requests from Moderators, they can expect to be jumped on.

The Moderators do not have to tell you if you have been awarded a 'strike', but they will regularly report any abuse of the Forum to the Administrators who will take action against repeat offenders.

Incase you're wondering just what might await you if you don't abide by the Terms & Conditions, then there is a simple guide below.

One strike will bring your future actions under close scrutiny by the Moderating team.

Two strikes will interest the Administrators, who will then pay special attention to you, and not in a good way.

If you manage to get three strikes, then you will find yourself banned from the forum for a set amount of time. This amount of time will depend on what you have done to earn those strikes in the first place.

Each strike thereafter, up to a maximum of six strikes will get you banned, again for a certain length of time to be determined by the Administrator dealing with you. When you reach six strikes, you're history. No discussion, no argument. The Administrator's decision is final.

Serious offences against the Forum or other users will result in an immediate ban.

All strikes will be wiped at the end of every month, apart from those with six strikes who will be permanently banned from the forums. The reasons for the strikes being awarded will be kept on file for future reference.

The vast majority of members will never get a strike as they conduct themselves perfectly respectably on the forum. The odd double post or less than three word response is not going to get you a strike. You will get a polite reminder from the Mods that you may want to carefully consider for next time, but if you respond badly to that advice, then they are perfectly within their rights to award you with a strike because of it.

We understand that people who are new to the board may make mistakes without realising it, so minor offences for those that have been here for a week or less will also be given the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks for reading.
The PPT Moderator Team.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]