Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: no more top 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:37 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

TNT has taken the down the top 200 part of game hi-scores. Now it only goes to 100. I think that is a good idea because you get nothing for being there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:41 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Thats big fluffy pants! :(

the only place i could ever get to was between 100 - 200. And it made me feel so proud to be there to!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:42 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Well, you get nothing for being on the top 100. You only get a trophy on the top 30..

"How are you?"
The letter from her stopped suddenly..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Maybe they are trying to cut down on space? I will miss the top 200. It at least gave you something to reasonably strive for. Now the bottom scores to get on the tables are even higher. :(

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:11 pm 

Yes I would make it on the table placing in 100-200... I have came in the top 50 before, like 10+ on zurroball! I could have goten a trophy but then neopets wouldn't award the trophies until the next day :roll: :x By the next day I would have either been bumped off the table or placed really low and wouldn't even get a trophy...

Neopets should award a medal for people who make it on the high score table, then you could have a little medal showing that you did :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

roseflares wrote:
Neopets should award a medal for people who make it on the high score table, then you could have a little medal showing that you did :)

I like that idea. They should increase the number of places that recieve trophies as well.

I've only gotten on the Deckswabber (top 50) and Snowmuncher (top 100) high score boards, but I was bumped off of Snowmuncher and I haven't played Deckswabber this month so I can't prove it.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:56 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Taking out the top 200 has taken soo much fun out of neo-pets. I used to collect avatars just cause i was on the top 200, now i don't even bother.
It's too hard to get into the top 100 on most games because of cheaters. they need to increase the number oof trophies given out it's stupid that you can''t get trophies because of soo many cheaters.
Now, only 100 on the list?! That's stupid, they are intentionally making the site less fun for no reason. Even without the top 200 the site is still a laggy B!^@#.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:13 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
evilkitten wrote:
Taking out the top 200 has taken soo much fun out of neo-pets. I used to collect avatars just cause i was on the top 200, now i don't even bother.
It's too hard to get into the top 100 on most games because of cheaters. they need to increase the number oof trophies given out it's stupid that you can''t get trophies because of soo many cheaters.
Now, only 100 on the list?! That's stupid, they are intentionally making the site less fun for no reason. Even without the top 200 the site is still a laggy B!^@#.

If TNT did increase number the trophies given out wouldn't more cheaters get them?

Personally I think there should no Top anything for the game tables and I think the tables should scroll on to a infinite amount of pages to cover everyone who played the game highest scores though which in turn also gets rid of the minimum score. Sadly I think that would put to much stain on however much bandwidth Neopets has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:42 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I don't know, but taking out the top 200 won't make much of a deal, in my opinion. Being top 200 just had your name listed, but that's all. It's not like you're having a big _HIGH_ score. Taking the top 200 will just raise the average highscores on the tables, since people will try harder to get into top 100, and it will make the top 100 more brag-able. That don't mean it will make trophies unobtainable. Beside, there's always a way to get a trophy, despite the cheaters. It's just harder these days. TNT don't have to give out more trophies, although it would be nice, because it's becoming much harder to get one. It's trophies. Trophies must be well earned. And it's well earned when you manage to beat the cheaters with a normal play.

Kudos to wonder weezel for making me this cute set. ^_^

Last edited by Blue Wolf on Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:42 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Combusken BG wrote:
evilkitten wrote:

If TNT did increase number the trophies given out wouldn't more cheaters get them?

Yes and no. Most of the cheaters are already at the top of the list, so most likely more legit players will get the trophies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:12 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yeah, I also noticed. I mean, I think that's alright, because, like you said, people aren't getting anything for eing here. But, When I was listed there, I was sort of...proud. :oops:

New Set By: Moi!
Wishie: Pirate Paint Brush : 137,790 NP/ 1.2 Millions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

There was already another thread about this. It happened awhile ago. ^_^

http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2532

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]