Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Too dangerous?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:57 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Recently a friend gave me the entire contents of his Neopets account. It wasn't much by many people's standards (20K or so pure and 6 lab maps). As I am collecting the lab map, I took the pieces of that right away via trades. Just to be safe I used a bounce account, another account of mine that I transferred the pieces to first before sending them to my main account. I want the NP as well, but it seems like such a risk to transfer them with TNT being on a freezing spree. Is it worth it to transfer the NP and if so what is the best method of doing so (trades, etc.)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The best way to transfer the np is through an overpriced junk item in your shop. I really think you should be okay. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't think any transferring of NP is a good idea. Whatever your motives are, it always looks like freezing, and it's never safe. But if you really need a good method, I'd say trades.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I wouldn't do it, except that I got throough fine transferring the maps. Should I maybe write to support and ask them if they could make sure I wasn't iced?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, writing support would only call attention to it in my opinion... Using the shop thing, I've transfered some quite large sums to my gallery account and both accounts are fine. If you don't feel comfortable with it, maybe it isn't worth transfering the 20k?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I really don't think 20k will cause any trouble. People transfer more than that all the time. I'd say either transfer it through your shop or use the trades. Don't use daily items like omelettes or tombola prizes, though. Buy a cheap plushie like the Blue Aisha Plushie (under 10np) or a toy or something and use that. I don't really think you have to worry about 20k, though.

I wouldn't write support about it because you are not supposed to be giving away neopoints to others. You could draw attention to yourself that way when normally it would have just passed by unnoticed.

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:25 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

if you are really worried, you should consider doing it so the isp thingy *i forget what its called* address thing is different, because neopets dos look at that

best of luck if you do try :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:35 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Go ahead do it! I have been transfering items that i ahve foudn to my main account for months ... neopets really doesnt care i guess ... its just a game :D

.:.^By WebKitty^.:.

RAWR! I R BD CHATTER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:42 pm 

If I were you I'd do it. I used to transfer my money all the time, I didn't get frozen, I quit. :) I usually transfer money by putting a junk item in the trade and bidding on it. Of course, that was only with something more than 100k. I think you should transfer by shop.

Credit to shadowfare for the gorgeous set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:52 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Location: The other room, no not that one, tha- yeah, that one
I would suggest the same as previously mentioned, but maybe, you should transfer it to another account first, to be safe, and then transfer it yo yours via trades on another computer. Safest way really.

Feel the rain on your skin, no one else can feel it for you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:21 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Jasujo wrote:
I really don't think 20k will cause any trouble. People transfer more than that all the time. I'd say either transfer it through your shop or use the trades. Don't use daily items like omelettes or tombola prizes, though. Buy a cheap plushie like the Blue Aisha Plushie (under 10np) or a toy or something and use that. I don't really think you have to worry about 20k, though.

I wouldn't write support about it because you are not supposed to be giving away neopoints to others. You could draw attention to yourself that way when normally it would have just passed by unnoticed.

I agree with Jasujo--don't write support--that sends a red flag to them. I transfer nps and items to my gallery account all of the time--b/c the trades are now somewhat risky, I do it two ways. If I need nps on my gallery account, I put something in the gallery's shop which is not a freebie/giveaway item (I use chia plushies--they are cheap) and overprice it--then the main account buys it. To send items to the gallery account, I use the neofriends only auction and "sell it" to myself that way. I think the key is not to do it all at once--just a little bit here and there.

Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:15 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I agree, you should be fine. It isn't even as if you're transferring from one account to the other. I've gone into my guild's account, for example, plenty of times, transferring items to myself and other users and it's never been a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:35 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

i've transfered over 100k to another account through my shop once, and my accounts are fine :wink:

Post subject: d
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:21 pm 

just a word of caution. I think you should wait before you transfer. Be on that account, like everyday feeding pets and somesuch, but dont transfer yet. If TNT sees an account accessed by one IP address, then suddenly another IP address accesses it then transferrs everything(unless your friend has a dynamic IP, then theres no problem i guess)...

I'd say wait about a week of feeding pets on that account. Just to be extra extra careful, if you havent done it already

No shirt, no shoes, and no service -TNT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Considering 20k is a small ammount, it shouldn't draw much attention. Whenever I send myself NPs though I always use the trading post and I wait a while inbetween accepting the offer. I think you'll be fine though.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next