Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:30 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Okies Cranberry: http://img59.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... rry3xk.swf

Hmmm if the sky changes... perhaps I should write a page that you just dump the get_star_data jumble in it and it....*scribble scribble scribble*..hmmm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:32 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Thanks darkfire! :)

*Stares at her system*....Hmmm....I think I see the little dipper....

You know what just occured to me?

If we are all looking for the same 12 constellations....Wouldn't they share some commenality visually? (they might be rotated...but the basic points would still be around, ya?) So maybe if we try to visually do some comparing, we might find something.

It wouldn't work by comparing coordinates, because of the rotation/different spots type thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:35 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

darkfire wrote:

That's awesome; thank you so much! I'm already frustrated with the telescope and I did NOT look forward to mapping the sky myself. :)

I still think we're missing something... it's been seven (actually, almost eight) hours since this was released, and no one anywhere has found a constellation yet. And I still don't know what the gems on the ceiling mean!

Post subject: After much thought...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:38 am 

Well I been going back and forth with the get star data, and the star map itself. And have come to the conclustion that honestly its of no use. I believe it is the placement source code that is used to MAKE your star map that you see. Just like in another game i play which is a space simulation that has a X and Y axis being three dementional space,unlike this, it had few other factors..But in the coding if you were to want to put in anything new you had to code in the space for it. I think the star coords that you seee in that are just the source code for the map itself, hince why as you have all noted that the coords are diffrent for everyone as the maps are diffrent for everyone, because that code is what is determining your star oreintation.

I did a bit of moding for that game so to me that coord list looked very familiar thou it didnt have all the dementional coding and graphical placement coding etc...etc. that it did but still looked oddly familiar.

Oh and hi im new here, names john nice ta meet yall.lol

My evil twin is my best friend. My good twin is here, he's my worst friend. Hey you cant hate me and be my best friend, fine were no longer friends! WHAT? I take it back I like you. No you dont your just saying that..*Looks round.*IM talkin to myself...

Last edited by UncleJohn on Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:39 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I'm seconding to the one who said that it might be ½ and ½ and they'd be changing, because I keep getting these two sets of coordinates. They are always the same two. (have checked it every time.) and I haven't gotten any else.
I'm now pm:ing darkfire both so I can compare the starcharts. (As someone just said previously, no use comparing the coordinates.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:40 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I just compared the file that darkfire gave me (thanks again!) to what I had mapped out before.. and the new image seems to be rotated 180 degrees and inverted... Does anyone else see this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:42 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

trinity_infinity wrote:
I just compared the file that darkfire gave me (thanks again!) to what I had mapped out before.. and the new image seems to be rotated 180 degrees and inverted... Does anyone else see this?

Oh, I thought it was just me. I highly appreciate the spiffy map, I thought I was going insane when I couldn't match things up to test stuff out!

Post subject: Possable.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:46 am 

I believe that it is possable that the stars are not changing but the oreintation is, 180 or more or less. That would also explain why the star coord changes when some one refreshes it. I bet you if you refreshed and had the data change, then refreshed the star view that you would see that it too has changed. As I said I think there one and the same. One is a text view, the other is a picture view. There by the coord list would really not help that much.

There has to be a Key to this some where that will unlock things for us to match up the coords. I dont think that key is the gems, or the TCG's as some one by now would of gotten least one match. I believe there is a astrological chart or book some where since and I quote.

"The starts dont seem to match any KNOWN coordinates" there by indicating that there is something that knows the coordinates.

Also dont forget folks its TNT and april fools day aint far off, and you gotta remember when TNT uses the word MINOR...You never know how minor they mean.lol Just so ya know my account is questdrifter on neopets so i been round awhile, if ya look you can see I did take a small part in another plot.lol Thou I got fed up and forgot bout it, this one im stickin through with thou..Cause its intreaging..

My evil twin is my best friend. My good twin is here, he's my worst friend. Hey you cant hate me and be my best friend, fine were no longer friends! WHAT? I take it back I like you. No you dont your just saying that..*Looks round.*IM talkin to myself...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:51 am 
PPT God
PPT God

trinity_infinity wrote:

I'm not sure mine is the same rotated and inverted, but then again I am trying to do it with my eyes (fairly reliable) and not a program. Still, I am going by the very few red stars and I think I would notice even as much of a "girl-brain" (less apt at visualising orientation changes) as I am.

But mine are definitely different. Two views of the sky; two halves of day.

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:57 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

trinity_infinity wrote:

Yep! I have a very recognizable cluster of five stars at my 0,0 point, and they were showing up wrong in the swf map. I took a screencap, rotated it 180 degrees to the left, and mirrored it, and now it all matches up perfectly. When I save the screencap the colors dim, though. :(

Post subject: *Looks at clock.*
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:59 am 

Well its late and I think ill check in tomarrow.. If no one has found anything else by then, im going to default to my april fools day idea and laugh if it turns out to be cause man itll be the best/worst prank they have ever done.lol And they have pulled some good ones in the past.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:02 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Can anyone give me a quick hint how to do this (for myself or otherwise)?
Are we seeing, like, alternate views of Altador and Talador skies or what?

I'm scared. :oops: Connect-the-dots used to be fun as a kid but not now!

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PPT Student
PPT Student

I defy mapping! If I could go five months without ever mapping my temple and still finish near the top, I see no need to map stars.

I know you need at least 6 stars to make a constellation, but I can't seem to connect any more than 6 stars. Does anybody else find this to be true?

I also think the fact that the trading cards for the heroes all have constellations on them, will play a part, but I haven't seen any really convincing matches yet between the cards and the gems.

Post subject:
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

hmm it could be that theres some error in my coding I'm just checking that up now. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:05 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

anjuna wrote:
Are we seeing, like, alternate views of Altador and Talador skies or what?

I doubt that.
As far as I know Altador was known as Talador, but the name had to be changed because of legal reasons.
So they are the same.
I think it's just how the sky looks at different times of day.
What bugs me, is I can't figure out a pattern with the changes. Because sometimes it changes for 15 minutes and sometimes for hours. >:(

Cilian wrote:
I know you need at least 6 stars to make a constellation, but I can't seem to connect any more than 6 stars. Does anybody else find this to be true?

I think that's the same for everyone, at least for now.
A theory just popped into my head, and I doubt it even myself, but what if we have to find them in some specific order and the first would be one of those with 6 stars?

Last edited by lischu on Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next