Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Random Contest -- Neopian Gift Wrapping
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:18 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Quote:
PRESENTS!

Huzzah. If you celebrate the holidays, we hope you have at least one gift left unwrapped for this contest. If you don't celebrate anything this season, you can just use any box you lucky stiff.

This week (actually, 2 weeks!) we're asking you to wrap a gift. But not just with any old wrapping paper. That'd be too easy. We want you to wrap a gift with the best Neopian wrapping paper ever. Now, since no real-life Neopian wrapping paper exists, you'll have to create something, but we're sure you can do it.

For easy random contesting, here are some instructions:

- Get a box of some sort
- Wrap the box in some wrapping paper
- Decorate said wrapping paper on said box with Neopets, Petpets, or anything Neopian that you can think of. Make it look like a gift straight out of your favourite Neopian world.
- Bonus points are awarded if you can shape your gift like any Neopet that isn't a circle with arms/feet.

Lawyerbot puts away his REJECTED stamp and says:
- Make sure you have adult supervision when doing crafts
- ICH MAG USUKIS UND WEIHNACHTSHOSEN!

Congrats to all the winners of the last one.

I am NEVER doing another Random Contest again. :cry: I really thought I might get in on this one with my entry because I was so proud of it. 2 weeks of hoping shot down the toilet. :cry:

Elric's LDP Fun Pics
Visit Petfinder.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:24 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

:hug:'s elric, there there, here have a blowdryer to use for non-burning-of-the-snow-entries of course ;)

Ooooo this contest sounds fun! I might have to enter and break my thing of only entering the ones that require voice stuff ;)

Hope it doesnt count against us if we suck at wrapping :oops:

Awesome Set by DM!! :D

:) Neo44392 on Neopets^_^ Neomail me for neopets premium invites :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:30 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Random Contests are getting more and more disappointing me to me. I never place and I ALWAYS submit something. Usually things that take me the whole week. I put over 20 hours into my ice sculpture!

Image Image Image

Last edited by stampsyne on Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:34 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Ok, since I recognized the second comment from Lawyerbot as German I went to freetranslation.com and translated it.

ICH MAG USUKIS UND WEIHNACHTSHOSEN

to....

I LIKE USUKIS AND christmas pairs of pants

Maybe that means we have to make wrapping paper with designs of Usukis wearing apparently "christmas pairs of pants" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:35 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Thanks for the hugs, archer, and stamp, sorry you didn't get in either. What was yours? I don't remember if I saw it or not.

I could enter with a wrapped up body cast of Adam that is identical to him with intricately drawn faeries on the paper with ribbon made of the finest asparagus fibres, but I still wouldn't win, because my place would be taken by someone's entry of a square box wrapped in white paper with a single Neopets sticker that they bought at the Limited Too.

Sorry if I sound bitter, but I worked my heinie off on this one, and I really really really loved it! :cry:

Elric's LDP Fun Pics
Visit Petfinder.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:39 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

anchororange wrote:
Ok, since I recognized the second comment from Lawyerbot as German I went to freetranslation.com and translated it.

ICH MAG USUKIS UND WEIHNACHTSHOSEN

to....

I LIKE USUKIS AND christmas pairs of pants

Maybe that means we have to make wrapping paper with designs of Usukis wearing apparently "christmas pairs of pants" :lol:

:roflol:

Interesting, maybe lawyerbot is the usuki shopkeeper in disguise ;)

So they want us to make neopian wrapping paper and also in the shape of a neopet, wonder if we can use the neopets gift tags...

I'm just trying to think of how to get a moehog shaped box :P

*ponders how to do it*

Awesome Set by DM!! :D

:) Neo44392 on Neopets^_^ Neomail me for neopets premium invites :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:40 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Elric wrote:
Thanks for the hugs, archer, and stamp, sorry you didn't get in either. What was yours? I don't remember if I saw it or not.

I could enter with a wrapped up body cast of Adam that is identical to him with intricately drawn faeries on the paper with ribbon made of the finest asparagus fibres, but I still wouldn't win, because my place would be taken by someone's entry of a square box wrapped in white paper with a single Neopets sticker that they bought at the Limited Too.

Sorry if I sound bitter, but I worked my heinie off on this one, and I really really really loved it! :cry:

Not to sound mean or rude or anything, but if I remember correctly your entry was the undecorated snow uni. You said yourself in the last thread that you were concerned your uni might be disqualified because it wasn't decorated, and you knew that was a requirement...so what are you upset about?

Also, if that wasn't a requirement then I think that uni should have won the random contest, i can tell you put a lot of effort into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:02 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

It's hard to know what the RC judges will go for, you really have to do it for the fun of it, not just the trophy. One big thing is being able to show you put a lot of work into it through your pictures and entry text. If they've got 30 entries that are all similar, the one that goes that extra step will stand out ;)

There was that time I had to eat my jellybean pizza up before it went bad...and I didn't place at all -someone else had a more pizza-y version, mine was pink cheesecake in a cookie crust. I should've gone the disgusting cheese and jellybean route. *burp*

It's a subjective contest, isn't it. One thing they definitely mention a lot is that they prefer entries that make them LOL :D *remembers the Flashdance Foreman and giggles*

I still don't have a clue what I'm going to do, but I do have a giant box and tons of craft supplies :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:32 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Ok. My wrapping sucks. I made a very cute kookith looking box, but thought it was too ... overdone.
So I did this instead. Evil Meepit Plushie strikes again!

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:45 am 
PPT God
PPT God

*sigh* i really wish the snow pet thing lasted...and i looked at the fine pring before sending it in. APPARENTLY, i misread the submission entry, and i put in my snow pet in for the gift wrapping... :cry:

oh well. i'm sure someone will do a much better job than me with wrapping. ;)

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]