Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Too many neopets :( And I love them too much!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:31 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I've got to my 4-pet maximum, and stupid me doesn't want to lose/change any of my pets. However, I still want to have a pet for labbing.

What I'm thinking of is moving one of my neopets to a side account. I know it's not suggested, but has anyone else done this before with success? I know it's a chance thing with losing the pet in the process, but do you think it's worth a try if I really don't want to give any of my 4 pets up yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:49 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

"Has anyone else?!" People do this CONSTANTLY. They make whole threads for it on other forums. But yes, it's not uncommon for someone else to adopt the pet and refuse to give it back.

http://www.bogleech.com
http://scythemantis.deviantart.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:01 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Scythemantis wrote:
"Has anyone else?!" People do this CONSTANTLY. They make whole threads for it on other forums.

I'm sorry I haven't seen any other threads on this. I'm only apart of this forum and no others.

Scythemantis wrote:
But yes, it's not uncommon for someone else to adopt the pet and refuse to give it back.

I know that. I didn't ask that. I was hoping to find someone who does/has move/d pets to a side account and hear their experiences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:07 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Hi Sarah :)

Well, I do know of people who have successfully moved pets, it usually involves using 2 browsers and having the second one open to the adopt page with the pet name typed in (and making sure you have the np to adopt!) and/or having a friend you really trust with im and trying to transfer that way, and the friend is there to grab the pet if you're too slow, something glitches, etc.

Personally? I've only moved a pet once - an unpainted, very low stat common pet. Guess what, she got nabbed! I did get her back, but it took a few days of the other person hemming and hawing and finally trying to get me to "buy" her back and me saying never mind and btw they were going to be reported for trying to sell a pet. Next day I get a sweet as pie neomail with the time the pet will be in the pound.

All in all, it is a huge risk to try transferring a pet and I really wish there was a way to move pets between your OWN accounts (with the same email addy) only. But I guess even that would be abused :(

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:03 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I've transfered LOTS of pets by myself, and I have never lost one (yet) *knocks on wood*

I am always a nervous wreck when I do it. The last few pets I've moved were a plushie cybunny, a fire and an island eyrie. I hate transfering because of the fear of losing a pet.

I use two browsers, Internet Explorer and Firefox, so I can be logged into two accounts at once. I use the quick adopt url and make sure I have more than enough np out for the pound fee. I make my windows half in size, with the one I am using to pound the pet on the top, and the one I am adopting it on on the bottom. That way I have to move my mouse only a little to get to the refresh button on the other browser... because the longer it takes you to get to the other browser, the more chance you have for someone else to snag the pet.

Merry Christmas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:29 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yep, lots of people do this all the time -- either to transfer pets between their accounts or to send a pet to another person. I've done it a few times myself, most alarmingly with a Faerie Pteri and a Maraquan Buzz (the Buzz was twice -- the first time to a lab account with the Scientist for a quick gender change).

One popular way seems to be a two-browser transfer with the receiving browser being Firefox or Opera (or if you're paranoid, Firefox AND Opera), since both of those broswers can auto-refresh. One sets the recieving browser(s) to autorefresh on the quick-adopt link, then abandons the pet in the sending browser. This eliminates the brief pause between hitting the abandon button and beginning to hit F5 in the recieving browser that changing the active browser entails.

Note: It's still not clear to me whether this is considered a violation of the T&C or not: the reason that autorefreshing in hopes of random events or to attach a petpetpet is considered a violation of the T&C is because it means you're "having your computer playing Neopets for you when you're away." When autorefreshing to adopt, this isn't the case: you're at the computer playing the entire time. I've never heard of anyone being frozen for using an autorefresher when adopting, but you use at your own risk.

When I transferred the Faerie Pteri I happened to have access to more than one computer. I manually refreshed on the adoption link in the recieving browser with one hand while clicking the "abandon" button on the other computer. If you have multiple computers that might be a good way to do it: it avoids the questionable legality of the autorefresher, and you can refresh manually faster than an autorefresher runs, too.

You don't say what kind of pet you're transferring. If it's not a painted pet then the risk of transferring is minimal if you use the adopt URL (NOT the search, no matter what anyone says: that's just asking for problems) and don't do something like not have enough money out to adopt. (I'd actually take out quite a lot extra, in case of Tax Beast or mewing Mutant Kadotie REs.)

Painted pets are riskier -- and the more expensive the paint job, the greater the risk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:34 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

everconfused wrote:
All in all, it is a huge risk to try transferring a pet and I really wish there was a way to move pets between your OWN accounts (with the same email addy) only. But I guess even that would be abused :(

I wish there was too - but hey we can't have everything :) It's so sad how basically everything these days that would be a good idea has such a big chance of being abused, so they're never introduced. It would make life easier though!

DarkAngel wrote:
I've transfered LOTS of pets by myself, and I have never lost one (yet) *knocks on wood*

I think the way you say to do it helps your success rate too :) I'll probably have to move them myself, so I hope it will go okay. You might be very lucky - or you're just super-skilled at pet moving!

bgryph wrote:
Painted pets are riskier -- and the more expensive the paint job, the greater the risk.

Thanks for all your tips - I really appreciate it. All of my pets are painted (Maraquan, Skunk, and Checkered), so I can see that yes, it's a big risk. I'd be moving either one of my Maraquan pets, or my checkered pet, so I have nobody to blame but myself if it goes horribly wrong, haha. I'm still considering whether I want to try or not. But I'd be moving my least favourite pet, so I guess I could survive if it went wrong :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:48 am 

Well, I've moved lots of pets- a desert Kougra, a desert Peophin (auto adopted/frozen =(), red Gelert, starry Pteri, a couple of Hissis, and a high-ish stat yellow Eyrie...

The trick is to do it late at night, and get the sequence in as fast as possible. Have the windows layered- the abandon window on top, the login window with the pass already entered poking out from beneath it, and the quick adopt link, with the pet's name in it, in the bottom browser window. (Make sure you have enough NP on the receiving account, and that the account is old enough to get the pet, first)

Then, abandon the pet, and as soon as you've hit the button the fifth time, immediately click the log in button on the second window, then click anywhere on the third and smack f5 (the key at the top of the keyboard)

Voila, transferred. ^_^ I wish you luck.

I can WRITE STUFF! YAAAAAY! *runs around like an idiot*

Zalika: ...I don't know her. Really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:27 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I've successfully moved two- a checkered gelert, and a robot aisha.

And those are the only two I've tried.

I myself used the two-browser trick. Almost flawless, unless you have a slow connection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:05 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Do it on asparagus or mutant day then it'll be much easier.

Save the trees! Don't do homework!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:16 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I've moved a lot of pets, both for myself and other people. I used both the two browser method and the two pc method at the same time and had a record for months of not losing any. Then I lost two (one was maraquan, from what I've seen one of the easiest ones to lose) and I have never transferred any of my "for keeps" pets since. Incidentally the maraquan one was grabbed by an auto adopter - nothing protects you from those.

To be honest I would never move any of my main account pets. I have many many pets and because I used to like labbing for fun I just saved up for another (2, heh) lab maps for other accounts. Good luck if you decide to transfer though, just make sure you don't tell anyone your account or pet names so no one is trying to snipe them. Hopefully there aren't so many auto adopters around now with the new rules ^^

Petpet Central

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:12 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Using the two browser method, I've transfred the following pets:
Blue Bori
Blue Zafara
Silver Shoyru
Green Uni
Christmas Zafara
Maraquan Eyrie
Island Xweetok
Yellow Eyrie
Yellow Kougra
Faerie Kougra

Haven't lost a pet yet. ^^

I'd suggest if you want to transfer any pet important to you, to do a practice transfer first. Get a pet on a side account that you don't mind losing and try to transfer it to another of your accounts with room.

Once you do it once successfully, it's easier to be more confident.

Okami Fangirl <3 Eternal Ordeal Oekaki
Neopets: zafara_fan_8000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:30 pm 

I've used the 2 browser method many times. Allways works so far, even on slow connections, but is risky whatever way you choose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:58 pm 

If I was you I would lab. Im a risk taker! Im lucky im a risk taker, because I don't know how to transfer pets, and all of that nonsense. :roflol:

Sarah, go back to your room, play with your toys, forget about the 404.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:05 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I recently bought the lab, and I had to transfer a pet in order to use it. All my transfers have gone perfectly well for me, though that may be because my pets are all low-level and regular colours. (the highest-risk petI ever transferred was a Maraquan Kyrii, lvl 1, and it went fine)

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next