Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Neopets on Ebay
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:16 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Okies. Has anyone on here ever used the Neopets ebay store? I ordered a set of plushies, but apparently, cause I'm Canadian, I'm gonna get slammed with charges the second the cursed box finds its way to my porch.

So... I would like to know, has any NON AMERICAN ordered from the neo ebay store and been slammed with extra charges? How hard is it to refuse to pay said charges? I would rather send it back than pay close to $80 for a $20 american plushie set.

I am so angry right now... this needs to be made apparent before a purchase is completed. Whats the point of my paying $20 in shipping, only to be charged $30 more later??

*insert strong words here*

Set by WIS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:24 pm 

>_> Yer, Canadian import fees/taxes SUCK, don't they?

The only way to avoid them is if you ask the seller to label your purchase as a gift. Gifts deemed to be under $50 won't be taxed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
As an American, I still find their prices unreasonable. I feel for your import dilemma. I wanted to order some pretty cheap items from Japan a few months ago and shipping on one item alone was US$80! Got to love the free market economy.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject: Re: Neopets on Ebay
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:06 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

krisgp wrote:
Okies. Has anyone on here ever used the Neopets ebay store? I ordered a set of plushies, but apparently, cause I'm Canadian, I'm gonna get slammed with charges the second the cursed box finds its way to my porch.

So... I would like to know, has any NON AMERICAN ordered from the neo ebay store and been slammed with extra charges? How hard is it to refuse to pay said charges? I would rather send it back than pay close to $80 for a $20 american plushie set.

I am so angry right now... this needs to be made apparent before a purchase is completed. Whats the point of my paying $20 in shipping, only to be charged $30 more later??

*insert strong words here*

the duty depends on how they ship it
most purchaes around 50 or so will only have like 4-5 dollars duty on them

Check out my Gallery
Neo User

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:45 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I think that is terrible. I ordered from the Ebay store because there is no outlets in this part of the US. I thought it sucked that I had to buy a lot of other things in a package to get a pink poogle, but ultimately ordered it anyways. The wait was loooonnngg. Almost 2 months!

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:28 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I have to say, in general on ebay lately, the shipping charges have been pretty awful. I think it's a way for sellers to try to make up for all the fees they get charged (a fee to list, a fee based on what the item(s) sold for, then if you use paypal, there's yet another fee for that).

But the Neo merchandise? I am in the US and seriously wanted to buy one of their sets (I'm missing 2 of the disco aisha plushies - the big interactive and the standing up one), and they had the standing aisha -- and I saw the pink poogle too! But their shipping fees are way high. And I've heard plenty of complaints on how long it takes to actually get your items from them.

You might just be better off buying from individual sellers (with good feedback). The shipping may still not be great price wise, but there's a much better chance the seller will ship out of country by saying it's a gift to at least help with any duty fees. I know I am happy to do that, especially with smaller items.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:00 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I called UPS and got a confimation that the charges should not be more than $15 CAD. Its still a heck of a lot, but not as much as my dad was saying.

You're telling me it could take 2 MONTHS to get here? What the heck? That's not cool at all... 2 months... This is the LAST time I do business with Ebay.

I bought from the neo store, not from a normal seller, so they can't send it as a gift.

It better show up before 2 months...

Set by WIS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:04 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

krisgp wrote:
I called UPS and got a confimation that the charges should not be more than $15 CAD. Its still a heck of a lot, but not as much as my dad was saying.

You're telling me it could take 2 MONTHS to get here? What the heck? That's not cool at all... 2 months... This is the LAST time I do business with Ebay.

I bought from the neo store, not from a normal seller, so they can't send it as a gift.

It better show up before 2 months...

I realize you're buying from the Neopets store on ebay, not from a regular seller, like you or I would be. So, with them being a business, I guess they have to fill out all the duty forms.

As far as the time it could take to deliver - that has nothing to do with ebay. They're not the ones shipping, they provide the space for someone else to sell (and buy). I've sent and received things from Canada. Sometimes it takes days, and I've had it take 2 to 3 weeks using the same shipping method. Then again, I've had the same thing happen just sending something small across country!

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Kinda sort of not on topic. I lost out to a Kass action figure a while ago, but managed to snare a Grarrl Gladiator. I didn't have any problems with my seller, I can give your their name if you like, but the toy was awful. The sword and scabard didn't fit onto its back and it cannot hold the halberd, spear?, in either hand. Oh, and it can't stand up on it's own either. It only cost me 15 bucks altogether, but I was ticked at little problems that could have easily been fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:46 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I realize that they are not the ones shipping it out, but this whole thing just seems to cause unneeded hassle... why can't all the costs be up front? (probably cause most people wouldn't pay it... )

I emailed mailto:ebay@neopets.com and asked them if it has been shipped and when I can expect it to arrive.

In regards to quality Huggles, I am extrememly pleased with the plushies and back pack clips, which is why I was willing to shell out the cash. My shadow kougra has been VERY, VERY well loved for the past 3-4 yrs and is still in good shape. A little rough around the edges, and the tags all wore off long ago, but in general, Shadow is still in one piece. He's survived 3 summer camps, 1 set of wisdom teeth extractions (on me, not him :D ), a trip to France and me sleeping with him every night for the past 4 yrs. This is why I wanted to invest in the white kougra.

Set by WIS

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]