Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Neopian Health Care Crisis
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:10 am 

Important items in the pharmacy need Neopian government controls. The current system of health care provision amounts to extortion. Neopets expects you to tend to your pets and is rumoured to punish you with bad random events if they are not cared for. Third-party vendors take advantage of this system and users' bonds with their virtual pets to rob people blind. If your pet is sick, you WILL pay me THIS much, they say (paraphrased from some actual comments in the Trades section). The result is that the poor cannot afford health care for their pets.

Neopets obviously wants to help the poor maintain their pets. They provide all sorts of daily freebies for food, a free $2k every month for pet maintenance, and, if you manage to somehow not find all those freebies, a soup kitchen. Yet they have forgotten about health care for the poor.

I believe the items in question from the pharmacy should be purchased "by prescription only". In other words, your pet should have the illness before you can buy it, and, even then, you should only be allowed a quantity of one cure each time a pet gets sick. Or, better yet, just get rid of the items altogether and have people go to the hospital where the pet will be cured instantly and the owner pays a reasonable medical bill.

The current system helps no one. It does not deflate the economy, since the money paid does not go back to Neopets and is just moved between users. However, it does teach how to push drugs and use people's affections for great profits to the point of being unethical even by my capitalist tastes.

And that's my rant for the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:44 pm 

some1 likes to post non-sense -.-

RIP Eddie 1967 - 2005 11/13/05[br]
Warriors Die , But Legends Last Forever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:46 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

... you already posted this o_O

http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22326

Petpet Central

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]