Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Oh no..
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:20 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I was editing my userlookup, and I entered the correct password, but I got this message:

You must enter your correct password in order to change your info.

I typed it about 5 times, and it still came up with this. Is somebody in my account? I can't believe this...I can't change my password, either, because I need the correct old one for it to work! Any advice? I really don't want to lose my account. :cry:

EDIT: For some reason it's now working...but still, was this some weird glitch, or was somebody really in my account and decided to...change it back? I swear I was typing the right password in, I tried many times.

<3

Post subject: Re: Oh no..
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

labbiedor wrote:
I was editing my userlookup, and I entered the correct password, but I got this message:

I typed it about 5 times, and it still came up with this. Is somebody in my account? I can't believe this...I can't change my password, either, because I need the correct old one for it to work! Any advice? I really don't want to lose my account. :cry:

EDIT: For some reason it's now working...but still, was this some weird glitch, or was somebody really in my account and decided to...change it back? I swear I was typing the right password in, I tried many times.

Don't worry... It confused me once... If I read what you're saying, you gettin the message that always appears at the top in red... You're fine. (Type in a wrong pass and you should get an additional message)

My Mootix Drop guide here!

Post subject: Re: Oh no..
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:26 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Duke of Earl wrote:
labbiedor wrote:

Don't worry... It confused me once... If I read what you're saying, you gettin the message that always appears at the top in red... You're fine. (Type in a wrong pass and you should get an additional message)

I got the message that says "oops!" at the top, and I kept trying and I typed it in really carefully and it still said that. Then I tried a few times again after I posted this and it worked, but it really scared me. I was just wondering why it was doing that, and not accepting my password in the first place.

<3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:26 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

o_O Well, if you're still ON your account, it means someone hasn't changed the password on you. Whenever someone changes a password while you're on your account, you get automatically logged off (a great way to kick hackers off your account). The fact that you're still on it means its probably a minor glitch. But if you're not feeling that safe about it, try changing your e-mail (with the password) and/or send the e-mail to yourself.

A nice fallback on preventing hackers is to change your e-mail, but do not confirm it. Therefore when you get 'logged out' from a scammer, even if they change the e-mail, for some reason, you are still able to look at the password (or this used to work) from the e-mail account before the unconfirmed one (I hope this vaguely made sense as I cant explain it well) .

Or it could be something as simple as adding a space in the front of your pass (which I sometimes do since I copy and paste my long long passes)

x_x Good luck getting that sorted out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:19 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

caps lock might have been on. :roll:

~Tell me...~

~~~~~~~Do you speak~~~~~~~

~~The Language~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Of flowers?~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]