Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: -no js-
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:47 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Just now I was writing a neomail to a friend and wrote "It was the same person who had originally created this guild."

However, what showed up was "I -no js-this guild."

And one of his messages came back to me with a -no js- in it as well. He said " I only wrote 1 message because I figured she would delete anything else."
but it came to me as "I figured she would -no js-"

ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE?

What the smurf is -no-js- and why are innocent messages getting blocked? :x

Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I dunno, but it's blocking a bunch of img src tags on my petpages too. *grumbles*

I hope they get it fixed soon, I have updates to make. :x

Post subject: Re: -no js-
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:13 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Morningstar wrote:
Just now I was writing a neomail to a friend and wrote "It was the same person who had originally created this guild."

However, what showed up was "I -no js-this guild."

And one of his messages came back to me with a -no js- in it as well. He said " I only wrote 1 message because I figured she would delete anything else."
but it came to me as "I figured she would -no js-"

ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE?

What the smurf is -no-js- and why are innocent messages getting blocked? :x

I just neomailed someone 'It was the same person who had originally created this guild.'

And they received 'It was the same person who had originally created this guild.'

What else did you send to them? Was there something inside html tags? &gt; &lt; ><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:20 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Sounds like the filters are on the fritz! :o

You should just submit a bug report and see if you get an answer or it gets fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

They were having a problem like that on one of the neoboards I was reading. Their theory was that maybe neo's playing around with the ability to copy-paste things, to cut down on chain letters. (They had tried to copy-paste a message, apparently.) They also said they'd had a bunch of java applets open, so maybe there's a problem with using java while typing neomessages? Another option, obviously, is that they're changing the chat filter. Some of the blocked things are pretty rediculous, so maybe they're tweaking the sensitivity.

Last edited by amarise on Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:34 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

o_O Whoa, I just updated my petpage and I got that error. It doesn't like the "Jester" avatar, it seems.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:38 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

BoriYeltsin wrote:
I just neomailed someone 'It was the same person who had originally created this guild.'

And they received 'It was the same person who had originally created this guild.'

What else did you send to them? Was there something inside html tags? &gt; &lt; ><

No, I didn't send anything inside any html tags. And, in his return message, he didn't have anything inside any html tags either.

amarise wrote:
They were having a problem like that on one of the neoboards I was reading. Their theory was that maybe neo's playing around with the ability to copy-paste things, to cut down on chain letters. (They had tried to copy-paste a message, apparently.) They also said they'd had a bunch of java applets open, so maybe there's a problem with using java while typing neomessages? Another option, obviously, is that they're changing the chat filter. Some of the blocked things are pretty rediculous, so maybe they're tweaking the sensitivity.

I had a bunch of firefox windows open. But nothing was cut and pasted. It was just such an innocent message about a guild that my friend and I were interested in. I honestly thought it had something to do with my saying "originally created." Perhaps original creation has a religious context?

And my same friend just got a warning for saying the words "laid off" in a neomail to someone else. Attempting to explain his bout of unemployment.

Weird karma. I think that I will tell people with whom I am close friends to talk through email, rather than neomail. Much safer. Cause hard to tell just what will upset the filters anymore.

Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:58 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Morningstar wrote:
BoriYeltsin wrote:

No, I didn't send anything inside any html tags. And, in his return message, he didn't have anything inside any html tags either.

amarise wrote:

I had a bunch of firefox windows open. But nothing was cut and pasted. It was just such an innocent message about a guild that my friend and I were interested in. I honestly thought it had something to do with my saying "originally created." Perhaps original creation has a religious context?

And my same friend just got a warning for saying the words "laid off" in a neomail to someone else. Attempting to explain his bout of unemployment.

Weird karma. I think that I will tell people with whom I am close friends to talk through email, rather than neomail. Much safer. Cause hard to tell just what will upset the filters anymore.

well, js means javascript, so I guess the filter things you were trying to post the word javascript somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:00 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Morningstar wrote:
BoriYeltsin wrote:

amarise wrote:

well, js means javascript, so I guess the filter things you were trying to post the word javascript somewhere.

If you send a neomail with the words, 'It was the same person who had originally created this guild.' now, do you get the block? Because I don't see how you would and I wouldn't.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:03 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Morningstar wrote:
BoriYeltsin wrote:

amarise wrote:

If you send a neomail with the words, 'It was the same person who had originally created this guild.' now, do you get the block? Because I don't see how you would and I wouldn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:19 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

The filter were probably filtering on commands used in javascript. But since those commands are plain english words (most of the time) it can block almost anything. Guess it was just a bit out of control temporarily...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]